PDA

View Full Version : NEED a little HELP!

AsusMan
10-11-2012, 06:10 AM
Hello Everyone!

I need a little help! Why does it say "I7-2720 RECOMMENDED FOR FULL SUPPORT OF 1600MHZ RAM / MEMORY" at the bottom of the picture?

http://i.imgur.com/pVCkz.png

Ibz
10-11-2012, 06:18 AM
because then you would get dual channel DDR support which gives much faster performance

if you choose 12 GB you will be on single channel

so either go for 8 GB or 16 GB then u will be in dual channel mode

AsusMan
10-11-2012, 06:23 AM
because then you would get dual channel DDR support which gives much faster performance

if you choose 12 GB you will be on single channel

so either go for 8 GB or 16 GB then u will be in dual channel mode

I do not know much about computers!

Can you customize the computer for me and take a screen shot of it?

Here is link: http://computerupgradeking.com/products/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67&products_id=299

Ibz
10-11-2012, 06:38 AM
Here you go, this is the best configuration for the price, gives you super speed with a 256 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD for storing all your big files like videos and 16 GB RAM to get Dual Channel memory for the fastest performance. This laptop will easily last you 3 years

http://imageshack.us/a/img213/9918/capturedjr.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/213/capturedjr.png/)

AsusMan
10-11-2012, 06:44 AM
Here you go, this is the best configuration for the price, gives you super speed with a 256 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD for storing all your big files like videos and 16 GB RAM to get Dual Channel memory for the fastest performance. This laptop will easily last you 3 years

http://imageshack.us/a/img213/9918/capturedjr.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/213/capturedjr.png/)

Thank you!

I gave you +1 reputation!

but only 3 years??

I was hoping it would last me 10 years!

My old laptop lasted me 3 years and it only had 2 GB of ram

Ibz
10-11-2012, 06:45 AM
Thank you!

I gave you +1 reputation!

but only 3 years??

I was hoping it would last me 10 years!

My old laptop lasted me 3 years and it only had 2 GB of ram

I was just being conservative

that configuration should last you long man. it is the best bang for the buck

AsusMan
10-11-2012, 06:53 AM
I was just being conservative

that configuration should last you long man. it is the best bang for the buck

thanks for helping me, but you put so much on there!

I do not think I can afford it!

Do I really need the backpack and 1TB of hard drive?

I was hoping for $1600-$1800 Range

Ibz
10-11-2012, 07:00 AM
u can cancel the backpack and the 1 TB HDD;

you can always buy 1 TB HDD and put it in the empty drive slot in the future

AsusMan
10-11-2012, 07:11 AM
u can cancel the backpack and the 1 TB HDD;

you can always buy 1 TB HDD and put it in the empty drive slot in the future

Thank you.

Does it matter which intel core is picked?

i7-3740 or i7 3840?

Ibz
10-11-2012, 07:29 AM
the higher the better but I chose the best Quad Core for you with a good price. Basically, the best bang for the buck. The difference between each one is minimal. You have a QuadCode and a fast CPU so that should last you ages

AsusMan
10-11-2012, 07:41 AM
the higher the better but I chose the best Quad Core for you with a good price. Basically, the best bang for the buck. The difference between each one is minimal. You have a QuadCode and a fast CPU so that should last you ages

thank you good sir

bignazpwns
10-11-2012, 05:13 PM
You can run dual channel in 12gigs. You run dual channel with 3 sticks of ram. Intel Flex memory allows this.

And as for the cpu why buy that system now when you can wait a little and for the same price of the system you wanna get you can pick up a VX with a GTX 670mx and 3740

Ibz
10-11-2012, 05:47 PM
You can run dual channel in 12gigs. You run dual channel with 3 sticks of ram. Intel Flex memory allows this.

And as for the cpu why buy that system now when you can wait a little and for the same price of the system you wanna get you can pick up a VX with a GTX 670mx and 3740

NO YOU CANT! I had 12 GB with my laptop when I first bought it. It ran on Single channel

For Dual Channel to work, you need pairs of identical RAM SODIMMS in each slow with the same speed rating!

Go figure!

bignazpwns
10-11-2012, 06:24 PM
NO YOU CANT! I had 12 GB with my laptop when I first bought it. It ran on Single channel

For Dual Channel to work, you need pairs of identical RAM SODIMMS in each slow with the same speed rating!

Go figure!

n00b!

LOL Look up some chip set features. And behold DDR3 1333 and DDR3 1600 3 brands mixed running in Dual channel.

And with 3 min of work you can get the DDR3 1333 running at 1592.6 "Would of did it with 3 sticks in it but i think i proved my point. Sorry for the bad photoshop people. It was a quick job and im not going to waste time on something this dumb.

p.s. before you resort to name calling i would really read up on chipset features on how they work so someone does not post screen shots proving you wrong ;) u mad brah?

xeromist
10-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Depends on which module you're looking at with 3. I'm pretty sure the way it works is that the first two modules are dual and the third module is single channel. The ideal is still an even number of matched sticks but it will do the best it can with an odd number.

bignazpwns
10-11-2012, 08:06 PM
The 3rd stick is deal channel. I cant believe people are this far behind on intel chipset tech.

Yes its all dual channel. IS it as fast as having a matched kit? No. Is it faster then single channel? Yes. In every day use will you see a difference between using a flex memory dual channel and a real dual channel? Nope

This has been around since what the 925G? I cant remember but its pretty old. Back then it was ok. Since then it has been improved.

This is one of the features that went under the radar for a long time mainly because everyone buys memory in kits. Early i never really got into this till the sandy bridge days i was just never got into it. But i did mess around with it and it was not to shabby. A lot of my test i did were with ramdisk but i did do some games and what not. I would go really deep into some testing with this on the G75 but honestly unless your benching you wont see a diff. I know people say oh i can tell but 9 times out of 10 its in their head. I mean yeah running dual channel kids is ideal but when you take advantage of something like this its not a huge issue any more.

But what i can say is it worked pretty nice on the G75. But this might be driver dependent i mean i have seen some major bugs with this but from what i can tell on the G75 is works pretty good.

xeromist
10-11-2012, 08:43 PM
If you search Intel's site for Flex, this is the first hit and that is what I remember of flex:

The lowest DRAM memory in the system memory map is mapped to dual channel operation; the DRAM memory nearest to the 8 GB address space limit, if any, is mapped to single channel operation. Flex mode results in multiple zones of dual and single channel operation across the whole of DRAM memory.
Now this is for desktop boards and they are specifically referring to two modules of different size so perhaps they have a variant for mobile but I haven't read about the update. They'd have to use some sort of round robin addressing to address portions of each module to the other two. Do you know where to find this info?

Replic
10-12-2012, 05:57 AM
Mines 12gb and running in duel ch. So it is possible to get 1600 running with 3 sticks.