PDA

View Full Version : g74 sx bbk7 getting the LG HBS-700 to work with blue tooth

thrashmastr
10-11-2012, 07:14 PM
upgraded my asus wireless card from the intel 6150 with wimax to the intel 6235 with blue tooth, mainly so I wouldn't have to use a blue tooth dongle, so after much research decided on the 6235 which has bluetooth 4.0 . basic installation was a breeze,
where i ran into problems was getting my wireless headset to work (LG HBS-700) and after several hours searching on google ,
could not find any reliable answers why it would not connect, kept getting missing driver error messages, and of course there is no driver for these headphones, I went into control panel>add remove programs and removed the widcom bluetooth software,
then went to the intel website and downloaded and installed the intel PROSet/Wireless software for windows 7, after that it
found and installed it perfectly, and it does work great cant believe the range it has, seems like several hundred feet, through walls and doors.Maybe this will help someone in the same boat, thanks and good luck all

dstrakele
10-11-2012, 11:39 PM
+1 @thrashmastr! Resolutions are ALWAYS welcome! Enjoy thrashing around wirelessly...