PDA

View Full Version : G75VW-T1134V - BLACK SCREEN after reboot + windows updates.

joyfulPo
10-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Just a simple reboot after windows updates, it boots up, screen says it's working setting the changes up, etc.
100% done.

As it would go into Windows 7, it just stays as a black screen. Only way is to reboot it, okey - working against.
Had it for about 30 days (my girlfriend) and this is the first time it had black screen.

Should I take it back?
Should I worry?

I took mine back but she didn't want to go thru all of that process again. So she kept hers as I got a new model that is working alot better, new model as in different production number behind G75VW (as in different shop as well).

So what do you say?

AzraelsKiss
10-11-2012, 10:48 PM
Could've been a random blank screen caused from the update of drivers during windows update. Could've been a random video driver crash during boot. Could've been a random pause while loading something during boot causing it to appear to be a blank screen. Basically, one error doesn't indicate a problem. Multiple or repeated errors do. You could check the system logs to verify if there were any boot errors that created the blank screen, and perhaps if the error has happened before.

joyfulPo
10-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Could've been a random blank screen caused from the update of drivers during windows update. Could've been a random video driver crash during boot. Could've been a random pause while loading something during boot causing it to appear to be a blank screen. Basically, one error doesn't indicate a problem. Multiple or repeated errors do. You could check the system logs to verify if there were any boot errors that created the blank screen, and perhaps if the error has happened before.
I could for instance click alt + ctrl + delete, right.
You would only see the mouse work, you know the working icon but that's it.
Was nothing on the screen, tried to flip things with alt+tab, nothing there.

Ops just remembered something!
We did a clean install of the new NVIDIA drivers without rebooting.
Hours later we did the reboot and there was windows updates working up to 100%, right, before the black screen happen.

Could perhaps this be the reason, NVIDIA drivers and windows updates collide or something?

AzraelsKiss
10-11-2012, 11:22 PM
If ctrl alt delete caused the pointer to show, then the issue was just Windows not loading the desktop for some reason, probably related to the Windows updates. Shouldn't be an issue unless it keeps happening, then you'd probably have to consider reinstalling Windows. Good luck.

dstrakele
10-11-2012, 11:50 PM
Could perhaps this be the reason, NVIDIA drivers and windows updates collide or something?

I think that's a good guess. I've experienced installation of other drivers screw up the video driver.

If the problem persists, try using Windows System Restore to restore your system to a time before the Windows Updates.