PDA

View Full Version : Can't Adjust Screen Brightness

Traise Trell
10-15-2012, 10:52 PM
So I got my Asus G55vw a while ago, and it's been great.
However, I've run into a problem where I can't change the brightness. The brightness progress bar goes up and down, but the screen stays bright. I tried updating my GPU driver and no dice.
Any ideas?

xeromist
10-15-2012, 11:08 PM
Try reinstalling the ATK package.

Traise Trell
10-16-2012, 12:02 AM
Sorry for iminent noobiness, but how do I do this?

AzraelsKiss
10-16-2012, 12:16 AM
Only time I've had an issue like that was when there was a brownout in the area. Power went on and off a few times while my notebook was on and plugged in. When I woke up, I noticed the screen didn't look right and that's when I noticed it was stuck on a lower brightness. No matter what I tried, I couldn't get the brightness to change, until I did a reboot. Everything was fine after that.

I'm assuming you've already done a reboot, considering you've updated the driver. Have you tried doing a full reinstall of the drivers? Boot up in safe mode, completely uninstall all video drivers, reboot into safe mode, install the newest drivers, full reboot to your desktop.

To reinstall ATK Package... Download ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities from the ASUS driver downloads site, uninstall ATK Package, then install the ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities download.

GottiBoi55
10-16-2012, 04:10 AM
Sorry for iminent noobiness, but how do I do this?

Just download and install the ATK package driver for your G55
You can download the drive from here

(http://rog.asus.com/notebook/15-inch/g55vw/)