PDA

View Full Version : Do the G75VW Drivers for Win 7 work on Win 8?

Ibz
10-16-2012, 12:33 AM
Has anyone tested this? Do they all work or better wait?

Ibz
10-16-2012, 06:04 AM
strange, a forum full of ASUS owners and not a single reply to this topic??????

rewben
10-16-2012, 06:24 AM
maybe it's because we haven't tried one yet.

personally i might use w8 after the first service pack, or at least until most of the apps that i use daily are free from glitches.

ggBanks
10-16-2012, 07:45 AM
Just don't get all jumpy buddy, not all of us are 24/7 in the forum. OK? I am using Windows 8 on my G55 and the only drivers that don't work correctly are the USB 3.0 driver (but the USBs work without it anyway), the touch pad driver which for me is a bummer coz I can't use multi-touch gestures for scrolling, and the Power 4 Gear, which isn't necessary for you to install. And pretty much that's it. Everything else is working nicely. Maybe at the beginning you will have problems with the keyboard filter driver, because it won't start every time on start up, but eventually it worked for me idk why it just did. I hope that helped you :)

madnj
10-18-2012, 06:45 PM
FYI touchpad drivers work fine, Power4Gear hybrid doesn't work, ATK (keyboard hotkeys) need to get a more recent copy off the ASUS site then the one linked for the G75, Atheros network/wireless drivers don't work but Windows has native support (the package will bluescreen you and you'll have to do a system restore), and that's pretty much it.

I've been running Windows 8 since the RTM (final release) was made available to Microsoft partners a couple of months ago, and the system has been rock solid stable. I run my system 24/7, and have not had a lockup/bluescreen/crash at all.

All that said, a base windows install will work on a fresh drive with network connectivity without installing any drivers, and then you'll want to install the basics, chipset/intel drivers, Nvidia display drivers, audio drivers, ATK package for hotkeys, touchpad, etc.

I wouldn't have any reservation about installing Windows 8 on a G75 at this point though, and I wouldn't go back to Windows 7 even missing a couple of drivers/utilities. I expect the non-working stuff will be available at release or shortly after anyway, but I can't say I've missed them.

cl-scott
10-18-2012, 07:00 PM
May as well just wait. By the time Windows 8 lands, which is like another few days, there should be a full set of updated drivers for the G75 on the website. If not, we can all get out the pitchforks and torches and go chase MarshallR through the streets. :D