PDA

View Full Version : Just Bought G53 SW from NewEgg (US)

Harvin
05-20-2011, 02:43 PM
hello there...
i need some help here regarding the G53SW
i bought it in US 2 weeks ago and now i'm in Jakarta, Indonesia
At first, it works really good until yesterday, but now, i couldn't even turn it on...
Do you guys have any idea what is wrong with it?
I do really need help.
I'll really appreciate every single help from you guys..

PS.
Charger works fine (still can see the green light on it)
Battery works fine (when you charge it, the battery's indicator lamp still green)

xeromist
05-20-2011, 03:39 PM
Have you tried unplugging it and removing the battery at the same time?

Harvin
05-21-2011, 05:45 AM
not yet.... i'll try it then...
thx for the help

anyway, i did pull out the battery and press the power button for 30sec, then put it back and plug in the power. nothing happened...

Harvin
05-21-2011, 05:51 AM
Xeromist.....
it didn't work....
i tried to pull the battery and unplug it 3 times then put it all back...
still, can't turn it on...

i'm hopeless now.....
my first ROG laptop.... and might be my last (only last for less then 2 weeks).
when i'm still at West Lafayette, it just fine...
but now, when i'm at Jakarta, it broke....

Chastity@ASUS
05-21-2011, 04:52 PM
I can't remember if the G53's have the reset button like the G73's

Harvin
05-22-2011, 03:29 AM
I can't remember if the G53's have the reset button like the G73's

ummm...
could you please tell me where's the reset button for G73? maybe i could give it a try..
Thanks..

MrRuckus
05-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Very odd that you cannot turn the machine on. Does it do anything when you hit the power button? Was it ever out of your site on the way to Jakarta? It could have been mishandled during shipping. The laptop does have some heft to it. I dont think it would take much to jarr something.

My next guess would be power, but if with both the battery in and AC power, you should be able to get something. Does it possibly work with just the battery?

Harvin
05-24-2011, 01:11 PM
Very odd that you cannot turn the machine on. Does it do anything when you hit the power button? Was it ever out of your site on the way to Jakarta? It could have been mishandled during shipping. The laptop does have some heft to it. I dont think it would take much to jarr something.

My next guess would be power, but if with both the battery in and AC power, you should be able to get something. Does it possibly work with just the battery?

yeah.. i know it's kinda odd.
there's nothing happen when i hit the power button.
i handle it by myself... i took care of this things carefully, like taking care a baby..
i've tried this combination, but nothing happen:
1. only with battery
2. only with AC power
3. battery and AC power

dkillone
05-24-2011, 10:59 PM
It seems to be a common(well, maybe not common, but I have read like 3-4ppl having same thing now) problem on the G53SW newegg models. Just call them up and ask for a replacement, seems to be the best solution. Sorry to hear you got a bum unit :\.