PDA

View Full Version : eSports Fan? Win A Trip Of A Lifetime With ROG & Blizzard!

_
10-16-2012, 02:03 AM
ROG and Blizzard are giving our worldwide fans the chance to win the trip of a lifetime to watch the Battle.net World Championship final in Shanghai on November 17 and 18!

The Battle.net World Championship (BWC) (http://www.battlenet.com.cn/bwc/en/) will bring to a riveting conclusion Blizzard’s 2012 StarCraft II World Championship Series, which comprises more than 30 national and continental tournaments around the world, and the World of Warcraft Arena global finals. Blizzard gamers and eSports fans will be able to witness some of the most skilled pro players on the planet in action as they battle it out at the Battle.net World Championship for glory, cash prizes, and the title of undisputed world champion.

We're looking for two individual eSports fans to be the face of ROG at the event and present daily updates from the event (we'll provide the video team). You can present in whatever language you prefer. ASUS will cover the flights, hotel and tickets to the event!

How to Enter
1) Shoot a 60 second video (no more!) in any language of yourself presenting two topics:
a) Why should ROG pick you to go to BWC?
b) What do you feel ROG offers gamers?

2) Videos can be shot on smartphones, webcams, laptops or tablets and edited using free software such as Windows Movie Maker. The ROG team will choose the winning entry based on passion, presenting skill and answers to the above questions (rather than video quality).

http://rog.asus.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/esports-is-awesome2.jpg

3) Upload the video to YouTube

http://rog.asus.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/youtube-upload.jpg

4) Then post a link in this thread!

The competition will be closed and the winners will be picked on 29th October.

Please Note: Before entering be sure to confirm whether you need/can get a tourist visa to China before November 15th.

Cody_Irwin
10-19-2012, 01:28 AM
No phone, no good video camera and no webcam here so im out.
Also camera shy anyways...lol

Kinda surprised no one entered already, maybe a little more complex then you thought to enter? XD.
As well as some of the rules like VISA needage ect. lol

_
10-19-2012, 05:23 AM
Well can't help it's in China and they need a visa :(

We set the entry barrier quite high to encourage those who really want to go to have a fully paid experience ;)

Hydrolis
10-19-2012, 11:15 PM
Hey guys!

Here is my submission for the ASUS ROG & Blizzard 'Win a trip to BWC Finals' Contest!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbLx4IbR0R0
(As you can tell, I had never edited a video in my life before... haha!)

It looks like I am the first one to enter the contest (which is quite surprising) but I am super excited for this opportunity. I am a 22 year old Canadian graduate student and I have been following competitive gaming for as long as I can remember. I have a long and drawn out history in eSports (starting back in 2005, when I was a journalist for organizations such as Check6Gaming, X3O Gaming, and SK Gaming) - and if you ask anyone who knows me, I live and breathe this thing on a daily basis!

StarCraft 2 is my current game of choice (as can be seen from my Twitter @hydrolis) and I'm also a former WoW player. I can't thank ASUS ROG and Blizzard enough for this wonderful opportunity. Good luck to my fellow contestants!

Also, getting a VISA to China as a Canadian citizen will not be an issue and it can be done very easily given these timelines (I've already confirmed this).

Keavlar
10-20-2012, 04:14 PM
Hello , so im the second one,although i dont have yet ROG products, im still the fan , and its count XD.

http://youtu.be/P4p_DEStbFo

Cody_Irwin
10-20-2012, 07:13 PM
Well can't help it's in China and they need a visa :(

We set the entry barrier quite high to encourage those who really want to go to have a fully paid experience ;)

Id love to go, but hey I really dont like video recording myself haha. also no job atm to support my craving if I got picked and headed to china, id buy too much stuff. XD

najirion
10-22-2012, 03:16 AM
If ever the rules change to something like "prices are convertible to ASUS ROG hardware".. I'll definitely make a video right now hahaha! :P
Got no VISA, no time go leave work as well..

Zudegia
10-23-2012, 07:33 AM
They say third time's a charm so here's my submission, third in order!

http://youtu.be/SlyQcN_-Bo0

I'll just add that i'm a recovering wow-addict and getting a Visa to China from Finland is possible in 5 days. I can also do videos in Finnish. The video tells you the rest :)

Best of luck to everyone!

_
10-23-2012, 07:51 AM
Thanks for all the effort and entries so far guys!

Zudegia
10-23-2012, 07:57 AM
I'm actually amazed at how little people care about these kind of contests. These are the best! By the way, if one does a video in f.ex. Finnish, does he provide the video updates from China in Finnish too, or is English required in those?

Edit: oh yeah read it a few times over and understood :D

Zythus
10-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Umm, I've got a question - you don't pay for visa if I have to get one?

Zudegia
10-25-2012, 05:58 PM

If they'd pay for that, I'd like them to pay for my passport aswell :D heheh. Probably won't though.

Hydrolis
10-25-2012, 07:00 PM
C'mon guys it's for an all expense paid trip to China (flight/hotel/BWC tickets) - you shouldn't even be asking if they're going to cover your VISA costs! :p Getting a Chinese VISA in 5 business days (you can pay more if you want it express in 1 or 3 days) only costs about $130 CAD dollars. If you don't even have a passport to get a VISA stamped into yet... that will cost some money as well (depending on the country). The price of a VISA is a small small 'price' to pay for a once-in-a-lifetime prize that is up for grabs!

Getting an entire passport issued can take quite a long time as well, so that's something you should consider.

Zudegia
10-25-2012, 08:07 PM
C'mon guys it's for an all expense paid trip to China (flight/hotel/BWC tickets) - you shouldn't even be asking if they're going to cover your VISA costs! :p Getting a Chinese VISA in 5 business days (you can pay more if you want it express in 1 or 3 days) only costs about $130 CAD dollars. If you don't even have a passport to get a VISA stamped into yet... that will cost some money as well (depending on the country). The price of a VISA is a small small 'price' to pay for a once-in-a-lifetime prize that is up for grabs!

Getting an entire passport issued can take quite a long time as well, so that's something you should consider.

Woah, it's only 60 euros for Finnish citizens :O Same 5 business days time. I'd spend a lot of money in China. Probably would want to buy some eSports shirts and stuff too. Wouldn't want to leave such an awesome event without a souvenir or two...or three...

_
10-26-2012, 01:20 AM

Nope, sorry.

_
10-26-2012, 01:22 AM
I'm actually amazed at how little people care about these kind of contests. These are the best! By the way, if one does a video in f.ex. Finnish, does he provide the video updates from China in Finnish too, or is English required in those?

Edit: oh yeah read it a few times over and understood :D

You can do it in Finnish, that's fine. We'd try to subtitle it.

Zudegia
10-26-2012, 08:20 AM
You can do it in Finnish, that's fine. We'd try to subtitle it.

I've subtitled movies for three or so years, I could atleast translate it myself :) I'll keep this in mind if my English fails, though I doubt it. Thanks!

Zythus
10-28-2012, 11:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC7L_sAEpz8
Sorry for my shyness and bad quality :(

_
10-29-2012, 06:31 AM
Thanks for your entries everyone, the event is now closed. We will announce and contact the winners shortly!

_
10-29-2012, 12:02 PM
Winners:

Hydrolis & Zudegia

Congratulations both!! We'll be contacting you shortly via your registered email address'

Hydrolis
10-29-2012, 05:08 PM
Woohoo! This is INCREDIBLE! Congratulations Zudegia and big thanks to ASUS ROG & Blizzard for this fantastic opportunity! I'm so excited to see what is going to be one of the biggest eSports events in history, and visit such an amazing city. I can't wait to meet everyone in Shanghai later next month. I'm thrilled!

najirion
10-30-2012, 06:34 AM
Gz guys! Have fun :)