PDA

View Full Version : G75 suffered BSOD and can’t boot-up

Wilcam
10-16-2012, 02:37 AM
My G75 crashed with a BSOD yesterday while i was using it.

My SSD with the win 7 OS went dead, so I resort to using the original hardisk that comes w my laptop to boot up.

However, after getting into the gray “window is loading " bar at the bottom of the screen and the laptop proceed to boot into the desktop page. I get a big RED “ERROR” page across the screen with a message “AsrecoveryHD index failed”.

I rebooted the system and tried pressing F9 at bootup to get into the recovery partition but I am still getting the same message.
Then I tried using the Asus Recovery DVD that I burnt when I used my laptop for the 1st time. The DVD drive can’t recognise the Asus Recovery DVD......I tried out the DVD on my other desktop and it was able to recognise the DVD....The DVD drive was detectable in my BIOS

I may have to resort to getting a WIN 7 ISO image to try fix the prob as my last resort.

Any advices please?

GottiBoi55
10-16-2012, 03:31 AM
My G75 crashed with a BSOD yesterday while i was using it.

My SSD with the win 7 OS went dead, so I resort to using the original hardisk that comes w my laptop to boot up.

However, after getting into the gray “window is loading " bar at the bottom of the screen and the laptop proceed to boot into the desktop page. I get a big RED “ERROR” page across the screen with a message “AsrecoveryHD index failed”.

I rebooted the system and tried pressing F9 at bootup to get into the recovery partition but I am still getting the same message.
Then I tried using the Asus Recovery DVD that I burnt when I used my laptop for the 1st time. The DVD drive can’t recognise the Asus Recovery DVD......I tried out the DVD on my other desktop and it was able to recognise the DVD....The DVD drive was detectable in my BIOS

I may have to resort to getting a WIN 7 ISO image to try fix the prob as my last resort.

Any advices please?

I had the same problem after installing my SSD too!
You can use a ISO to install a new copy of Win7, or you can order a "recovery disk set" from the Asus eStore
here (http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=4969)
I ordered the set and recovered my OS, that worked fine for me.
The only thing it's Win7 without SP1, I found that to be strange cause being the G75 comes with Win7 SP1.
But it works fine, the only thing to install SP1 you will need to download and run the "SP1 readiness tool" from here (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20858)
If you don't run the readiness tool the install on SP1 will fail.
I hope this shines some light on your issue for you.

Good luck, and enjoy!

Wilcam
10-16-2012, 04:17 AM
Thanks for sharing the information. Glad to know it's easily fixable.

Just curious, did you use the recovery disk set to repair your Win 7 or you did a fresh installatiom.

Did you flash your BIOS to version 210 too, because I was still using the ver 207 BIOS.

Thanks!

GottiBoi55
10-16-2012, 04:34 AM
Thanks for sharing the information. Glad to know it's easily fixable.

Just curious, did you use the recovery disk set to repair your Win 7 or you did a fresh installatiom.

Did you flash your BIOS to version 210 too, because I was still using the ver 207 BIOS.

Thanks!

One good thing, the recovery set will install minimal bloatware.
you can just uninstall the few that is does.
yes the latest BIOS is flashed.