PDA

View Full Version : G75VW Power Supply Problem

MuseDragon
10-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Greetings all, first time poster here and unfortunately I am posting to request some help with my G75.

First off let me say if this has been covered elsewhere I apologise, I searched the forums and found nothing.

Now to business. I bought my G75 around a month ago, and in the past few days it has been having some significant power issues. They are as follows:

1) Battery does not charge.
2) Computer will randomly switch between AC and Battery power, and will continue to do so until I unplug the AC adapter and plug it back in. It's as though the AC supply turns itself off then back on.
3) When the computer is on battery power, it drains quite rapidly, even in battery saving mode.
4) Occasional screen flicker, usually just before step 2 occurs.

My greatest concern is with issue 2, as I cannot understand why it would switch from AC then back to battery automatically without any prompt on my part. This seems to be a hardware issue but if anyone can think of a home fix that would be great.

I need this bad boy up and running again so I can get back to The Witcher 2!

Cheers

Peter

dstrakele
10-16-2012, 12:35 PM
The switching between battery and AC modes is the most often reported symptom of this issue. There are several causes, all hardware related.

Troubleshooting involves eliminating possible causes to identify the true cause. The best case scenario is isolating the problem to the power adapter. The worst case is finding the problem lies in the motherboard.

In any case, your laptop is still under Warranty, but if your retailer would help you by switching out a defective power adapter for example, that would be the speediest way to a resolution.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?23991-BATTERY-MODE-AC-MODE-over-and-over-and-over-and-over-again&country=&status= is one of the most recent threads of this type.