PDA

View Full Version : Desktop Icons

brettt777
10-16-2012, 06:01 PM
Okay this isn't exactly a serious techie question; I usualy don't have alot of issues with that stuff. But this is just one of those little things that makes me crazy. Since I reloaded my HDD and reinstalled Win7, every time I boot up my laptop, my desktop icons reappear and I have to go in and turn them off. Next time I boot up, there they are again. In fact, sometimes certain events will make them suddenly reappear, like if I loose AC power for a second. How on Earth do I make the icons stay gone? I know it has to be something simple but I'm not finding it?

SUKARA@ASUS
10-17-2012, 03:47 AM
Sorry, could you please facilitate the provision of more detailed desktop icons information? (EX: picture)

Gorman
10-17-2012, 04:22 AM
Yes I hate that, it used to happen to me all the time. No idea what changed, but now it works.

On some computers it still does that. D:< I think you need to change the setting then reboot straight away and hopefully it should save the setting.

@SUKARA: He's talking about when you turn off "show desktop icons", then you reboot and they are all back again so you have to turn them off again.