PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP!!: Why cant my ASUS G53SW install Invidia Update 270.61??

reflekz
05-21-2011, 01:01 AM
Hey guys, I am the proud new owner of an ASUS G53SW-XN1 and I cannot seem to figure out why the Nvidia graphics driver version 270.61 wont install?!?? Every time i try it, this is what it says:
"The Graphics Driver could not find compatible graphics hardware."
I have the GTX460M so i KNOW this is compatible with my graphics card....Please someone help me. Thanks again for any help, I really, really appreciate it.

RainMotorsports
05-21-2011, 05:58 AM
Did u grab the right 270.61? Unless theyre both the same the desktop 400 and 400M are both showing the same number but the supported card list as normal shows different. Make sure when u download u selected 400M series and or maybe nvidia screwed up on this release who knows. LaptopVideo2Go seems to be showing a 275.xx driver as well which is interesting.

reflekz
05-21-2011, 06:38 AM
Hey Rain,
Thank you so much for your reply. Yes, I was sure that it was the correct driver download. I went to laptop2go.com as well and I tried downloading the 275 update and it still came up with the same message.....I think ASUS may just make it so you can only download their graphics drivers from their website or something.....So lame....Unless there is some type of registry entry that someone knows about that will allow me to bypass only downloading ASUS drivers off their website??? Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you again guys.

adbk
05-21-2011, 03:25 PM
I am having the same exact issue with my brand new G53SW. It's running choppy in most games so I figured it was the GPU driver that needed updating.

Thing is I can't update for to 270.61 without that "The Graphics Driver could not find compatible graphics hardware" message.

Need some help here.

Chastity@ASUS
05-21-2011, 05:01 PM
this is what you get for getting your drivers from LaptopVideo2Go, instead of getting them from my Driver Page. :p

reflekz
05-21-2011, 07:01 PM
Chastity, I checked out your page for the g73/g53 drivers but all I saw were the drivers for the ATI graphics cards...I have the nvidia gtx460m. Supposedly ASUS states that only they can update our graphics drivers, so i am just tyring to see if there is a way around that. If ANYONE has been able to update their graphics drivers from the nvidia website, please chime in. Oh, and chastity, will that dx11 update possibly fix it? I cant really see that it will, just asking. thanks guys! lets get this resolved!

reflekz
05-22-2011, 04:17 PM
Ok, I fixed the problem. After doing some research, I found a website that shows you how to change a bit of registry information to be able to run nvidia drivers rather than wait for ASUS to get off their asses and update their drivers faster. I was able to download and run nvidia driver 275.27 and have been on it for about 2 days now, no problems at all. I have even noticed a bit better performance just as nvidia stated in their notes. Do this tutorial step by step and it will more than likely work for you too. Good luck mates!!

http://www.technoish.com/how-to/fix-latest-nvidia-mobility-driver-to-fit-your-notebook/

Selenarious
06-05-2011, 06:36 AM
this is what you get for getting your drivers from LaptopVideo2Go, instead of getting them from my Driver Page. :p

Well for me NONE of the drivers from the Nvidia page worked at all, they all got the same error as stated above.

Whereas... LaptopVideo2Go drivers are just amazing. They are frequently updated, and the inf. file fixes just work great. Never had a problem updating my GTX 460M of my Asus G53SW from it. People still getting problems from LaptopVideo2Go probably didnt do it right...