PDA

View Full Version : Wireless huge lag spikes g75vw

Eosi
10-17-2012, 01:59 AM
Hi.

Right now I am experimenting some crazy lag spikes when Im using my g75vw to connect to the internet. Here are some features of my g75vw.

Basically I play a game, and then I get a 4000ms ping for 5 seconds. then it goes back to normal. it happens about once every 15 seconds or so.

- Antivirus and security software is disabled.
- Im experimenting the lag on 4 different routers from 4 different ISP connexions, in 4 different houses.
- I have updated the Atheros wireless drivers already.
- router signal strenght is 4-5 bars, depending on how far I am.
- This lag is really annoying in starcraft 2, diablo 3, LoL and WoW.
-I have installed an SSD in the laptop. I used the CD provided with the computer to reinstall all the bloatwares... lol.
-I have uninstalled asus live update.
- when I use an ethernet cable I don't have any lag issues.

I have tried using both wpa2 psk and wpa psk, both fail. I didn't try WEP. I have changed the routers channels several time without any success . Any ideas on what to do next?

rewben
10-17-2012, 02:56 AM
if you're using the latest driver from asus, can you try this atheros wireless driver (http://www.devdrivers.ru/news/qualcomm_atheros_ar5xxx_wireless_network_adapter_d rivers_v_10_0_0_200_drajvera_dlja_besprovodnykh_se tevykh_adapterov_wi_fi_pod_windows_8/2012-09-16-918) instead?

SUKARA@ASUS
10-17-2012, 03:30 AM
And you can download the latest G75VM bios to updrage and test again

the bios download link is here: (version 210)
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=zh-tw&p=3&s=388&m=G75VW&os=30&ft=3&f_name=G75VWAS210.zip#G75VWAS210.zip

finalhour
10-17-2012, 03:54 PM
Hi.

Right now I am experimenting some crazy lag spikes when Im using my g75vw to connect to the internet. Here are some features of my g75vw.

Basically I play a game, and then I get a 4000ms ping for 5 seconds. then it goes back to normal. it happens about once every 15 seconds or so.

- Antivirus and security software is disabled.
- Im experimenting the lag on 4 different routers from 4 different ISP connexions, in 4 different houses.
- I have updated the Atheros wireless drivers already.
- router signal strenght is 4-5 bars, depending on how far I am.
- This lag is really annoying in starcraft 2, diablo 3, LoL and WoW.
-I have installed an SSD in the laptop. I used the CD provided with the computer to reinstall all the bloatwares... lol.
-I have uninstalled asus live update.
- when I use an ethernet cable I don't have any lag issues.

I have tried using both wpa2 psk and wpa psk, both fail. I didn't try WEP. I have changed the routers channels several time without any success . Any ideas on what to do next?

If rewben's idea doesn't work, have you tried looking at tcpview? Go ahead and download and install the programs below.

the TCPView tool from-http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897437.aspx
WinMTR from-http://winmtr.net/
3d Traceroute from-http://www.d3tr.com/

Once the game is running (fully logged in and playing the game--for WOW this is when your Toon is in-game) open up TCPView and find the entries for the .exe of that game, e.g. wow.exe, then look over several columns to find the Remote IP addresses that is listed next to port 3724 (number might be different) (usually at least 2 ips)

Write down these ip addresses

Then: Click Start and in the "Start Search" field type CMD.
The search should find the cmd.exe program.
Please right click on that program and select "Run as Administrator" to load up the command window.
In the command window, type 'pathping [the IP address you wrote]> C:\pathping.txt' (without the quotes) and press the Enter key.
A file will be created on your C: drive called pathping.txt that contains your Pathping information. Please be patient when waiting for the pathping command to complete, it WILL take several minutes.
Type exit and press the Enter key to close the command window.

Please attach your pathping.txt to your reply for further analysis and make sure to enclose this in code blocks so it is easier to read. That can be done by highlighting the text and hitting the "#" button in the formatting buttons area on the forum.

If necessary, repeat these tests with WinMTR (which is an infinite traceroute) and 3d Traceroute (which shows the results as a 3d image) and post those as well enclosing them in code blocks so it is easier to read. Again, that can be done by highlighting the text and hitting the "#" button in the formatting buttons area.

Hope you can follow this! If you dont get any help from the new driver this is the only way to figure out what's going on.

finalhour
10-18-2012, 12:52 PM
did you try the fix I suggested?

Eosi
10-25-2012, 03:57 AM
No I haven't tried yet but you can be assured that I will do it soon. Right now im not home, so I need to try several different driver sets along with new bios. if that doenst work ill do that pathping thing. Thanks for the help :)

Eosi
10-25-2012, 05:20 PM
Ok so now I think its working properly, I still need to game a lot and see what happens. What I did is I reinstalled the drivers with one of the 3 drivers I had downloaded and it ended up working. Howerver I don't get the wireless signal strenght display anymore at bottom right even though the internet works perfectly. Any clue on how to fix that? anyways the functionnality works and its all that matters for me!
Thanks!

finalhour
10-25-2012, 06:22 PM
Ok so now I think its working properly, I still need to game a lot and see what happens. What I did is I reinstalled the drivers with one of the 3 drivers I had downloaded and it ended up working. Howerver I don't get the wireless signal strenght display anymore at bottom right even though the internet works perfectly. Any clue on how to fix that? anyways the functionnality works and its all that matters for me!
Thanks!

Right click on that the taskbar at the bottom (not in the clock-area but where it's jut the blank bar), choose "Properties"

Then, you should see an option that says "Notifications" in the window that pops up, hit the button next to it that says "Customize" and then find the one corresponding to "Network" and select "Show Icon and Notifications" from the drop-down menu, you're basically telling windows that you always want it to show you that icon.

That should fix it assuming you're using Windows 7

varonecl
10-26-2012, 02:39 PM
Anyone know of any other wifi cards that are better than the Atheros which can be swapped in. I am thinking of replacing the Atheros with the Intel 6230

dstrakele
10-26-2012, 04:50 PM
You should consider the Intel 6235, it is an updated version of the 6230 with Bluetooth 4.0. Be sure to uninstall the Atheros card from Device Manager before physically removing it from your laptop.

varonecl
10-26-2012, 04:53 PM
thanks a lot for that info dstrakele. I want to do this monday. I already order some memory to replace that while I am in the process of replacing the wifi card, which really sucks!