PDA

View Full Version : My 5th ASUS G75VW have this 'boom boom boom sound on the right side of it'

joyfulPo
10-17-2012, 10:26 AM
What is that sound? It's like a engine going up\down\up\down making this sound like voomvoomvoomvoomvoomvoom all the time.

Clintlgm
10-17-2012, 02:08 PM
joyfulpo you have to be the unluckiest person. I can't believe your on the 5th one and still have a problem. Sounds like the Bass speaker/ LFE, see the stickies on the subwoofer fix at the beginning of this section of the forum

john_from_ohio
10-17-2012, 02:48 PM
I think you are by yourself trying to bankrupt asus! Might be time to find a different manufacturer ???

What do you think of the apple retina displays?

rewben
10-17-2012, 02:51 PM
I think you are by yourself trying to bankrupt asus! Might be time to find a different manufacturer ???

LOL! this guy is persistent. a very good attitude if used in positive ways :D

GottiBoi55
10-17-2012, 03:25 PM
I agree with all you guys....LOL

joyfolPo
you are the most unlucky, but very persistent person.
have you ever heard of the old saying?, "If at first you don't succeed, try, try,again"
hahaha but for you it's try, try, try, try, try!
you hear this boom, boom, boom all the time, even when not playing music?

finalhour
10-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Which side of the laptop is it coming from, can you isolate the area it's originating from on that side? I've had problems with the optical drives on ASUS laptops in the past having a loose screw and being excessively loud as a result. I dunno if that's the voom voom you're hearing but if it's originating from that drive/when you use cd-roms or dvd's then that's probably your culprit!

GottiBoi55
10-17-2012, 04:39 PM
What is that sound? It's like a engine going up\down\up\down making this sound like voomvoomvoomvoomvoomvoom all the time.

I think the fan on the right side might be your problem.
open up the back panel and see if the fan filter is out of place.

Or it could be something like a piece of plastic film.
heard of a issue where a piece of plastic film was left over the fan at the asus factory making the sound you are describing.

*cliick on this for link* (http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/616055-how-disassemble-g74sx-reduce-speaker-vibrations-photos.html)

c_man
10-17-2012, 04:52 PM

No no no, he is not alone in this. I'm helping gladly for 2-3 months now :P

joyfulPo
10-17-2012, 06:29 PM

What? No man, I just think there is no other choice when it comes to gaming on a laptop, only ASUS G series has that good ventilation system, even Alienware fails with heat issues often. Not ASUS tho I had some weird stuff on this G75, but we can figure it out together right? I have 2 years warrant and this woom woom sound is weird, must be something I could fix... I just thought maybe someone else had this same experience?

joyfulpo you have to be the unluckiest person. I can't believe your on the 5th one and still have a problem. Sounds like the Bass speaker/ LFE, see the stickies on the subwoofer fix at the beginning of this section of the forum
It's on the right side, under the num lock aand the entire 123456789 pad.

Hm, there is a screw door I can open under where I hear the sound, I assume that is where I clean my CPU vent correct? Have no tools around me to do this atm.

GottiBoi55
10-17-2012, 06:33 PM

Hm, there is a screw door I can open under where I hear the sound, I assume that is where I clean my CPU vent correct? Have no tools around me to do this atm.

Check out my post above!

GottiBoi55
10-17-2012, 06:38 PM
What? No man, I just think there is no other choice when it comes to gaming on a laptop, only ASUS G series has that good ventilation system, even Alienware fails with heat issues often. Not ASUS tho I had some weird stuff on this G75, but we can figure it out together right? I have 2 years warrant and this woom woom sound is weird, must be something I could fix... I just thought maybe someone else had this same experience?

The large panel with one screw, should be the "GPU fan"

finalhour
10-17-2012, 07:15 PM
When you're fixing the fan filter, if it's not staying in, which is what I was also having trouble with, you can take a pair of needle-nosed pliers and delicately bend one of the tabs down a bit so the filter sits more snugly. I had to do that because Asus left them too loose/the filters were too thin and weren't catching on the tabs that were supposed to hold them in.

-Nate

GottiBoi55
10-17-2012, 07:26 PM
When you're fixing the fan filter, if it's not staying in, which is what I was also having trouble with, you can take a pair of needle-nosed pliers and delicately bend one of the tabs down a bit so the filter sits more snugly. I had to do that because Asus left them too loose/the filters were too thin and weren't catching on the tabs that were supposed to hold them in.

-Nate

Good advice .......thanks for sharing!

joyfulPo
10-17-2012, 08:58 PM
But a loose fan filter shoulnd't make the 'voom voom voom' sound? Maybe it's a bad fan?

GottiBoi55
10-17-2012, 09:06 PM
But a loose fan filter shoulnd't make the 'voom voom voom' sound? Maybe it's a bad fan?

Dude...... click on this link>>>>Plastic left over fan at factory (http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/616055-how-disassemble-g74sx-reduce-speaker-vibrations-photos.html)
I think something like this may be you problem.

joyfulPo
10-17-2012, 09:58 PM
Dude...... click on this link>>>>Plastic left over fan at factory (http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/616055-how-disassemble-g74sx-reduce-speaker-vibrations-photos.html)
I think something like this may be you problem.
Not possible, I never open a laptop more then few times to put in ram.
And no way in hell I would risk my warranty when it's BRAND new laptop. That's just plain stupid!

bignazpwns
10-17-2012, 10:06 PM
And no way in hell I would risk my warranty when it's BRAND new laptop. That's just plain stupid!

At this point i would just buy a Sager or a MSI

GottiBoi55
10-17-2012, 10:54 PM

All you need is to check the fan filter, and under fan filter to see if anything is there making the noise.
you will not void anything, that is a user assessable area.

ForCeV
10-19-2012, 12:49 AM
I had a same problem like wooo~~wooong~~ wooo~~wooong sound on right keyboard area.. It sounds like fan's noise for sure. However, I m just using a laptop because if I rma or return it. I should wait longer than 1week,.... I hate to wait their shipment....When I get back to my country, I can go to repair center which I can go directly and takes only 1day. and I can pick up my laptop directly.. I really like my country's repair service than RMA in America.

GottiBoi55
10-19-2012, 01:00 AM
At this point i would just buy a Sager or a MSI

I agree with you!
what gets me, he says in other posts here, that he plays "Dishonored" on his G75vw and it runs with no problems!
Now didn't Dishonored just release 9 days ago on October 9?