PDA

View Full Version : I did something strange

Fanty
10-17-2012, 10:56 PM
Hi there, I did something.... and dont know what I did. :(

What I initially wanted, was to disable "hyperthreading" and test if it helps again "hicup" effects in WOW.
Because I did not know what the key was, I hammered all "F" keys and BINGO, there was BIOS.

I didnt find any HT setup so I disabled another Intel Virtal thingy. (I meanwhile enabled it again because I know it was the wrong thing)

BUT...

Trying to get to BIOS to re-enable it brought me to something strange that did something with my partitions. In panic I switched the computer off.

Well, now my problem:
EVERYtime I boot, it installs NVidia Audio. EVERYTIME, no matter how often I boot it re-installs it again and again.
and 2:
Mainsound of WOW is now "muted". Teamspeak and music works.

What have I dont and how can I fix this? :eek:

EDIT:
Ah right, I also loaded the "optimized defaults" in the BIOS btw. I thought this might reset the bios settngs to how it was delivered. :-/

GottiBoi55
10-17-2012, 11:28 PM
Hi there, I did something.... and dont know what I did. :(

What I initially wanted, was to disable "hyperthreading" and test if it helps again "hicup" effects in WOW.
Because I did not know what the key was, I hammered all "F" keys and BINGO, there was BIOS.

I didnt find any HT setup so I disabled another Intel Virtal thingy. (I meanwhile enabled it again because I know it was the wrong thing)

BUT...

Trying to get to BIOS to re-enable it brought me to something strange that did something with my partitions. In panic I switched the computer off.

Well, now my problem:
EVERYtime I boot, it installs NVidia Audio. EVERYTIME, no matter how often I boot it re-installs it again and again.
and 2:
Mainsound of WOW is now "muted". Teamspeak and music works.

What have I dont and how can I fix this? :eek:

EDIT:
Ah right, I also loaded the "optimized defaults" in the BIOS btw. I thought this might reset the bios settngs to how it was delivered. :-/

It's a good thing you reset your BIOS to "optimized defaults".
Now try doing a "system restore" to a point before all the problems.
hopefully this will fix the issue you have.

Fanty
10-17-2012, 11:34 PM
It's a good thing you reset your BIOS to "optimized defaults".
Now try doing a "system restore" to a point before all the problems.
hopefully this will fix the issue you have.

Hmm. I used an "automatical restore point" from today, wich was 18 or so hours before the problems start, but it did not fix the problem.
Through meanwhile the "NVIdia Audio driver installed blabla, hardware can now be used" doesnt show up every time now.

But WOW "background" and "Sound" is still "muted".
Hm

Fanty
10-17-2012, 11:48 PM
Update:
The WOW soundproblem got fixed by resetting sound settings in WOW.
Strange. I didnt change anything there. Well... hmm

But can anyone tell me what the other thing was? I asked for installing or formatting or whatever. And it went though my partitions. I exited this. Wonder if it harmed the system :(

GottiBoi55
10-18-2012, 12:02 AM
Update:
The WOW soundproblem got fixed by resetting sound settings in WOW.
Strange. I didnt change anything there. Well... hmm

But can anyone tell me what the other thing was? I asked for installing or formatting or whatever. And it went though my partitions. I exited this. Wonder if it harmed the system :(

That is very strange, IDK!
But if you went back to a restore point before all the problems started you should be okay.
If I was you I would run sfc/ scannnow in cmd to check your OS to see if everything is okay.

chrsplmr
10-18-2012, 01:00 AM
Not the restore point in Windows .. factory restore.

_
10-18-2012, 01:39 AM
Not the restore point in Windows .. factory restore.

Thanks Chris, but there shouldn't be any need.

In your BIOS is there HDMI audio? Maybe that's the issue - Nvidia audio is the HDMI pass-through iirc.

Also right click on your volume icon in the taskbar and click playback devices. Then disable Nvidia audio and put your speakers as default.

chrsplmr
10-18-2012, 02:26 AM
aaaaaaaaaaahhh .. thankYou goodSir.c.

Fanty
10-18-2012, 03:44 AM
Seems like its all fine again.
And the scannnow didnt find any problems aswell.

GottiBoi55
10-19-2012, 12:46 AM
Seems like its all fine again.
And the scannnow didnt find any problems aswell.

Good to hear all is okay now!

Good luck, and enjoy!