PDA

View Full Version : How long should my RMA be in "Waiting" mode before I worry?

AlanMcKinnon
10-18-2012, 05:13 PM
Asus received my laptop for RMA 8 days ago. Originally their status report said that the repair would be finished on the 13th of October.

It's now the 18th and apparently the repair hasn't even started.

Between waiting now, shipping between ASUS and Xotic, waiting for Xotic, and shipping between Xotic and myself, I've been without my laptop for 3 days short of a month.

In short, I'm tired of waiting. I at least want to know that something is being done to get things fixed.

finalhour
10-18-2012, 05:20 PM
I dunno, really that's the kind of thing you get yourself into by purchasing one of the Xotic monstrosities. Maybe someone else here has an Xotic modded one...?

AlanMcKinnon
10-18-2012, 05:22 PM
Xotic took care of their business quickly as far as removing custom bits and contacting ASUS went. So far it's just been ASUS dragging their feet.

finalhour
10-18-2012, 05:26 PM
you could always seek out the ASUS mods on here, Marshall@ASUS is great

HiVizMan
10-18-2012, 05:26 PM
No idea what the turn around time is. But I have found that if you get your kit back within 4 weeks you are ahead of the game.

If after that period of time, you still have no joy then contact via PM cl-scott he is here on the forums.

cl-scott
10-18-2012, 05:41 PM
you could always seek out the ASUS mods on here, Marshall@ASUS is great

This is really more my function these days. MarashalR@ASUS (or glorious leader as we sometimes call him) did kind of fill in while they were building my group, but is was kind of a side job for him. I'm the one who gets paid to do this sort of thing.

So to the OP... If you've got an Asus RMA #, I can check into it, but obviously I can't really do much with an Xotic RMA #.

AlanMcKinnon
10-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Much appreciated, message sent.