PDA

View Full Version : installing MAC os on G75

Wilcam
10-19-2012, 03:01 AM
I would like to install a mac os on my g75 as an alternate boot option

Just curious if anyone have successful install any version of MAc os (Leopard, Mountain Lion) on G75 and appreciate if you can provide some feedback on the how the Mac OS runs on G75

Thanks

bignazpwns
10-19-2012, 03:15 AM

Just curious if anyone have successful install any version of MAc os (Leopard, Mountain Lion) on G75 and appreciate if you can provide some feedback on the how the Mac OS runs on G75

Thanks

Installing OSX on another system outher then a Mac is a violation of the Apple TOS for OSX.

SUKARA@ASUS
10-19-2012, 03:30 AM
What version mac os are you want to install?
Because MAC OS, there will be a lot of compatibility issues usually installed in non-MAC products
So I do not guarantee that can be installed properly or stability, and compatibility

so,It is recommended to the windows operating system of your choice
Above for your reference....

AzraelsKiss
10-19-2012, 04:24 AM

Thanks
I've read that OSX doesn't have a driver for the kepler video cards yet... Haven't tried to install it personally, so I can't comment on whether that is true.

Zygomorphic
10-19-2012, 10:12 AM
Installing OSX on another system outher then a Mac is a violation of the Apple TOS for OSX.

This was what I was going to say, but you beat me to it. From what I understand, violating the license agreement is illegal (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

john_from_ohio
10-19-2012, 10:30 AM
Well it is UEFI so maybe the install won't be too bad ... would probably be a heck of a hackintosh ... I would put in a separate drive for this effort though at least until if you figure out if it might be workable ...

ggBanks
10-19-2012, 12:02 PM
What does OSX has that Windows doesn't ? I mean its your choice, but this will be such a headache. There are the GPU driver issues and the stability of the system. You are just going to torture your G75 and not use its full potential :(

cl-scott
10-19-2012, 04:24 PM
This was what I was going to say, but you beat me to it. From what I understand, violating the license agreement is illegal (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

It isn't illegal so much as a breech of contract, making it a civil issue. Not that it stops the likes of Apple from hiring a goon squad of former cops to go around intimidating and harassing people, and using the FBI (in the US) as its own private police force to enforce civil laws. I can't really speak to other countries, but since this would be a big no-no in most of the western world, and at the very least is going against the rather clearly stated wishes of the vendor, I'm just going to go ahead and close this thread.