PDA

View Full Version : g73jh horzontal line

jagernaut
10-19-2012, 07:30 PM
So i have had my g73jh for about a year now. I have OC'ed it, put in a 920xm cleaned it multiple times and re-pasted the CPU /GPU reinstalled windows got new drivers.... basically i have changed and done everything possible so i either a) i am reinstalling bad drivers b) having a hardware issue.

The problem is my g73jh on the LCD has a vertical line that kinda progresses up it every once and a while.... Now im not talking like a solid black line or white etc its just a distortion. Like a ripple effect i guess and its completely horizontal. doesn't happen ALL the time but it happens just enough to be kinda annoying when watching a movie or something... up until today it wasn't bothersome. i figured it could be the LCD in the lappy BUT i saw it while i had it plugged into my LCD TV also so that kind of ruled it out. TODAY however i bought a Optoma projector and i see it more frequently still not enough or distorted enough that its a HUGE deal but.... i want it fixed.

ALSO it has been happening since i GOT The lappy. Wasn't anything that my tampering caused.

Any ideas as to what it could be // how to fix it // any one else have this problem?

ALSO it happens MORE / MOST when there images jerks Like action movies or when there is a lot going on, on screen.

cl-scott
10-19-2012, 09:12 PM
My first thought is that it's a Vsync issue, but the fact that you see it on three separate displays also suggests you may have some kind of odd issue with the GPU. I'd feel much better about any answer I gave if you were able to provide a photo or video.

dstrakele
10-19-2012, 09:55 PM
What a)Vbios and b) video driver version are you currently running?

The video issue you report may result from a poorly grounded power supply. See http://www.epanorama.net/documents/groundloop/video_isolation.html. Does it occur on battery?

Also check out http://www.overclock.net/t/1212869/my-acer-monitor-horizontal-blurring-lines-w-fast-moment-screen-tearing-defective-or-just-bad-monitor. It sounds similar to the issue you describe.

jagernaut
10-29-2012, 04:59 AM

Annnnd a video its "cuts" at about 26-29sec its at shoulder length of raj when he is holding the pencil

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9297741/blah/

also this was on battery.

CCC 12.4

dstrakele
10-29-2012, 05:07 AM
Like cl-scott, I recommend posting a video of the issue. Provide a good verbal description in your video. Hopefully, someone will recognize the problem and can point you to a resolution.

Alternatively, you could try booting up a Linux "LiveCD" distribution. If the problem persists, it is most likely hardware.

jagernaut
10-29-2012, 05:18 AM
There is a video....

dstrakele
10-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Ahh! I see... I'd be trying the Linux LiveCD at this point. Or trying a different version video driver installing from Windows Safe Mode after thoroughly removing your current driver and using Drive Sweeper and CCleaner to remove any possible video driver remnants. Create a Windows System Restore Point so you can easily return to your 12.4 version driver.