PDA

View Full Version : "Normal" Temperature for GTX 670M in G75VW?

chiilin
10-20-2012, 12:36 AM
I am posting this here because I haven't had luck searching for this answer, and people will probably see it here before they see it in the stickied thread where I originally posted it.

I just received a new G75VW-NS71 RT (with GeForce GTX 670M) I bought from Newegg. I am following the guide in this thread "First things to do after buying G55/G75 based notebooks (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?17461-First-things-to-do-after-buying-G55-G75-based-notebooks)."

Well I've run Furmark Bench Test and my GPU temperatyre stays steady at 97-degrees Celcius. I'm trying to find out if this qualifies as "normal temeratures" as proposed in the guide (that thread). I realize this is a full load test, and 97 is really hot, but maybe it is to be expected? IDK, because that guide doesn't give us a range of temperatures to go by and I don't want to RMA until I get confirmation from some other users.

Thanks! :D

Zygomorphic
10-20-2012, 12:57 AM
Try gaming and see what temps you get. Stress tests aren't a fair assessment of cooling performance.

GottiBoi55
10-20-2012, 01:29 AM
Wow, that's pretty high temps.
You should run test about three times, reboot after each time to get a solid bench.

Normal temps in game should get no higher than mid 70's, average temps run 55-70c in game.

Furmark Bench Test is a "full on stress test", not what you would get in normal gaming.

Edit: I get around 81c when running "furmark", so that 97c seems to be very high!

chiilin
10-20-2012, 01:45 AM
Thanks for the replies!

Well, I'm actually not ready to start gaming yet because I'm juts setting everything up and I was going to switch in a new 512GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD drive.

I guess I really just need to know more detail from that original stickied post that recommends we all do this after buying a G-series laptop. I'm following Step 4 from that thread I linked above (which is stickied at the top of this forum). But the instructions only say to run Furmark, with no other details, and, "see that you are operating in normal temperatures."

I think that's pretty vague for a stickied set of instructions; I'm just trying to do the right thing.

WontonNoodle
10-20-2012, 03:26 AM
exchange it right away, for another - 75

Clintlgm
10-20-2012, 03:38 AM
MIne runs in the low 80's I don't think I exceeded 83 C for the full 15 minute burn in test at extream settings 1080. this seems to be the normal range for Furmark burn in test, Yours seems a little high, others should chip in with their results

bignazpwns
10-20-2012, 03:41 AM
The "Normal" Temps will be vastly different and will vary depending on your sensor accuracy, ASCII quality and ambient conditions.

KiwiG75
10-20-2012, 05:20 AM
My G75 stabilizes at 73 degrees in furmark, with the fan not even going full speed.

chiilin
10-20-2012, 05:33 PM
The "Normal" Temps will be vastly different and will vary depending on your sensor accuracy, ASCII quality and ambient conditions.

OK, well, the ambient temperature is steady 72-degrees Fahrenheit in my A/C house (which is pretty cool). As far as those other factors you mentioned, are you saying those will still vary between one G75-WV to the next? I thought we essentially should all have the same specs? No?

chiilin
10-20-2012, 05:40 PM
exchange it right away, for another - 75

Wow, you sound pretty confident. Are you saying I should be getting 75 or less on a Bench Mark Stress test? Is that what yours does?

I'll wait to hear back from a few other people I suppose, but it looks like I should be sending this back to Newegg; I just hope I don't get the same exact results the next time and find out that is what is expected from these ones they are selling.

Anybody else have any input?

chiilin
10-20-2012, 05:42 PM
My G75 stabilizes at 73 degrees in furmark, with the fan not even going full speed.

Wow, it looks like mine is definitely bad then. That sucks. It looks like back to Newegg. :(

bignazpwns
10-20-2012, 07:22 PM
Wow, it looks like mine is definitely bad then. That sucks. It looks like back to Newegg. :(

Its not that the card is bad its because Asus did a crap job of pasting the card when they put it together.

Temps on furmark will always be higher then what you see in games. This is because furmark loads your card 100$ and very very few games will do that. Example i hit 71c load in furmark but when i play a game like world of warcraft my load temps are 60c after hours of playing.

chiilin
10-21-2012, 03:18 AM
Its not that the card is bad its because Asus did a crap job of pasting the card when they put it together.

Temps on furmark will always be higher then what you see in games. This is because furmark loads your card 100$ and very very few games will do that. Example i hit 71c load in furmark but when i play a game like world of warcraft my load temps are 60c after hours of playing.

OK, but do you recommend RMA'ing it back to NewEgg? Or should I try a repaste of the heatsink on the card? I have some arctic silver, and I have experience doing that with PC Cards, but I never did it in a laptop before.

What would you do?

Sinless
10-21-2012, 03:19 AM
Try to get a new one, if you can't, then RMA.

OK, but do you recommend RMA'ing it back to NewEgg? Or should I try a repaste of the heatsink on the card? I have some arctic silver, and I have experience doing that with PC Cards, but I never did it in a laptop before.

What would you do?

chiilin
10-21-2012, 03:25 AM
Try to get a new one, if you can't, then RMA.

Wait, what do you mean by that? When I say RMA I'm thinking I would send it back to NewEgg under a Newegg RMA and they would send me a new one. Isn't that how it works?

Clintlgm
10-21-2012, 03:30 AM
Well yes we all got the same Specs, We all didn't get the perfect application of it. Some of us got the guy whose wife was giving him hell the night before he pasted our GPU and CPU he might not have spent the time to make sure it was perfect on everyone he did that day? Just thinking?

Sinless
10-21-2012, 03:30 AM
No, you can ask about getting a new one with NewEgg if you are under the return time peroid. If you are not in that period, then you need to RMA your machine.

Take a look at this.
http://www.newegg.com/HelpInfo/FAQDetail.aspx?Module=6

chiilin
10-21-2012, 03:41 AM
No, you can ask about getting a new one with NewEgg if you are under the return time peroid. If you are not in that period, then you need to RMA your machine.

Take a look at this.
http://www.newegg.com/HelpInfo/FAQDetail.aspx?Module=6

Yeah, in order to return it Newegg you call them and they issue you an RMA number (expand the very first question on that list you linked). That's what I'm calling an RMA. You must be reffering to an RMA with ASUS, I guess?

And oh yeah, I just got it, it's only a few days old; I was going through the recommended "First things to do after buying G55/G75 based notebooks (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?17461-First-things-to-do-after-buying-G55-G75-based-notebooks)" when I discovered these high temperatures (Step 4).

WontonNoodle
10-21-2012, 08:54 AM
better yet just return it and wait for the g75vx

Clintlgm
10-21-2012, 03:11 PM
Thats what I would do too. Can't be more than 2 weeks before there ready,

chiilin
10-21-2012, 04:37 PM
better yet just return it and wait for the g75vx

Thats what I would do too. Can't be more than 2 weeks before there ready,

Yeah, I was thinking that too; but, I wonder how much the VX's will be? I got this VW for $1,350. I'm guessing the VX's will be North of $2K (depending on hardware configurations).

GottiBoi55
10-22-2012, 03:37 AM
Wait, what do you mean by that? When I say RMA I'm thinking I would send it back to NewEgg under a Newegg RMA and they would send me a new one. Isn't that how it works?

Yeah, that's how it works!
If you are in the "return/exchange" period then they should repair or exchange.
Newegg has good customer service, one of the best around.

Clintlgm
10-22-2012, 04:11 AM
Well I got my VW in July and it cost 1900, I would think that the VX will come out at in that price range and take about 4 to 6 months to drop to the 1400 range that the VW are now. My Guess is Asus has paid attention to the problems we've had with the VW and will have them solved in the VX, hopefully. Don't procrastinate too long and miss your return window. I did and now I won't have a Right side speaker for the duration I keep this one. That is unless something else happens that I have send it in for repairs

chiilin
10-22-2012, 04:16 AM
Well I got my VW in July and it cost 1900, I would think that the VX will come out at in that price range and take about 4 to 6 months to drop to the 1400 range that the VW are now. My Guess is Asus has paid attention to the problems we've had with the VW and will have them solved in the VX, hopefully. Don't procrastinate too long and miss your return window. I did and now I won't have a Right side speaker for the duration I keep this one. That is unless something else happens that I have send it in for repairs

yeah, I plan on getting my RMA number and returning it tomorrow. I tried to get the number today, but it wouldn't accept it for an online application; and I couldn't get the chat window to open up (which is supposed to be 24/7). So I need to wait until Newegg business hours tomorrow and then I'll do it.

isidore
10-22-2012, 07:59 AM
The temp is kinda high, my gpu doesn't go over 70'C in Bf3 with 99% gpu usage and my cpu doesn't go over 67'C. Keep in mind that i game on my desk.

chiilin
10-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Well I got it RMA'd today. They even let me buy a new one on my CC to start it coming to me, and then they will credit back my CC when they get this one back. That will save me some time, and I should have the new one in a couple of days. Hopefully it will have lower temps. I'll report back after I get it tested.

Thanks for everyone's responses! ;)

voodoo man
10-22-2012, 06:32 PM
playing Guild Wars 2 more then 3 hours 65C

Battlefield 3 more then 2 hours between 65c and 70c

chiilin
10-22-2012, 07:22 PM
playing Guild Wars 2 more then 3 hours 65C

Battlefield 3 more then 2 hours between 65c and 70c

I'm sure this is a dumb question for most of you, but; how do you check GPU temperature while playing games? When I do the Bench Test in Furmark it's obvious; but I don't know how to do it while playing some random game.

Sinless
10-22-2012, 07:54 PM
You can use MSI Afterburner, ther is an option to show the FPS and temps ingame

I'm sure this is a dumb question for most of you, but; how do you check GPU temperature while playing games? When I do the Bench Test in Furmark it's obvious; but I don't know how to do it while playing some random game.

Zygomorphic
10-23-2012, 12:21 AM

+1 rep for excellent advice! :)

bignazpwns
10-23-2012, 02:05 AM
+1 rep for excellent advice! :)

They pretty much all do it. MSI, EVGA ETc. All built off of Rivatuner.

sandro977
10-24-2012, 10:45 AM
I ran FurMark for about 15min, with all options tickled on, it went at 78 degrees Celsius max.

Once out, the temp sank down in a very short time!

According to what sens says.

chiilin
10-24-2012, 06:00 PM

Cool, thanks!

chiilin
10-24-2012, 06:01 PM
I ran FurMark for about 15min, with all options tickled on, it went at 78 degrees Celsius max.

Once out, the temp sank down in a very short time!

According to what sens says.

Thanks for the feedback; that's good to know. I'll see what I get on my new computer when it gets here ( it should arrive this afternoon).

chiilin
10-24-2012, 08:18 PM
Well i received my replacement G75-VW and just ran the Furmark Bench Test and it stabilized at 74 to 75-degrees.

Wow, what a difference from 97-degrees before! It makes a difference in performance too, as it stays steady 17 FPS now, while before it dropped from 17 down to 13 or 14 FPS when it got hot at 97-degrees.

Thanks for all your replies! Obviously, RMA'ing this back to Newegg was the right choice! ;)

Zygomorphic
10-25-2012, 01:23 AM
Yeah! Always better to deal with the retailer than the manufacturer. Retailers are often faster to get replacements, rather than refurbishing. The temps you are seeing now are definitely reasonable for a stress-test.

chiilin
10-25-2012, 01:50 AM
Thanks. And also one more thing I forgot to mention: in addition to the much cooler -22-degrees form my previous 97-degrees, it also took much longer (flatter curve) to get to the 75-degrees than the other had to get to 97-degrees.

Before, it only took 1 or 2 mins to get to 97-degrees, while now it takes probably a full 5 or 6 mins to get to the max 75-degrees. I guess this just makes even more sense that the heatsink on the previous one was just not pasted on the GPU very well (without actually opening it up and removing the heatsink to look at it).

Zygomorphic
10-25-2012, 02:00 AM
You're almost certainly right about the GPU repasting.

nirO
11-16-2012, 05:23 PM
so i did the FurMark and i got 83 degrese in 6mins... if i would let it run for 15 it will hit the 90 mark i think,

also my supplayer said its normal... and worst case it will shut down if it to hot... with saying he gives me to understand its not a need for a change...

and i dont know what should i do now...

chiilin
11-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Well without letting the test run for longer until it stabilizes at a temperature we don't know exactly how abnormal your temperature is. You said you think it will go to 90, or maybe it goes all the way to 97 like my previous one did? I think you need to let it stabilize at whatever temp. it will so you have solid evidence of just how bad it is. It is brand new, so if it melts or blows up or whatever, it is under warranty; better to happen now than later.

After you get the solid evidence, tell your supplier you've been on these forums and it certainly is not normal. If you read this thread, plus other threads I have linked you will see many, many people all saying they get around 75-degrees in stress test, so that is normal. How can so many people get 75-degrees and then you (or me before) get 90+ degrees and that also be normal?! It can't. So your supplier is wrong. We're talking about the same exact model of laptop here, with all exactly the same hardware and software; not custom made tower PC's.

Who is your supplier? Newegg took mine back, confirmed my problem at 97-degrees, and the new one I got ran 22-degrees cooler at 75-degrees. Both situations, with such a wide range of temperatures both cannot be normal.

mrwolf
11-16-2012, 09:24 PM
Yea you should let it stabilize.. I left mine for like 12 mins on furmark and it stabilized at about 85degree which is relativley hot compared to others but its not so bad. I mean furmark gives you card a serious workout, no game or 3d application will ever make it get that hot as furmark is very extreme to stress test.

I overclock my system quite highly and have never gone over 80degrees fully OC'd. usually operates fully oc'd at around 75 which is perfectly fine..

nirO
11-17-2012, 12:01 AM
Ok, so i did the full 15 min FurMark and it went to 83 degrees until 5-6th min.. from there till 15 it went to 85. with 16-17 FPS,

also i saw memory use was at 8% and fan at 0% ... i wonder why is fan at 0%??

nirO
11-18-2012, 12:14 AM
so? any thoughts?

dstrakele
11-18-2012, 02:00 AM
Temps are fine. GPU Fan Speed is 0% because it couldn't be read. If it was truly 0%, your laptop would've overheated and shut down within the 1st minute. If you enable the EC Sensor in HWINFO64, it should report proper Fan Speeds in RPM.

nirO
11-18-2012, 05:18 PM
and how do i enable that sensor more precise ... and yes i`m aware if the FAN would not run at all it would overhead and shutdown.. but i can hear it 2.. also dunno how fine the temps are since after all its 10 degrese more then other...

mrwolf
11-18-2012, 05:35 PM
temps are fine bro.. I left mine on for 15 mins and it also hit 85.. When playing games it will NEVER ever go that high so its cool.. Furmark is an extreme stress test..

Allthough i was at my friends house the other day who has a liquid cooled monster and i put a burn in test on.. After 15 mins it was at 65 !! stable ! and overclocked lool.. wish someone invents water cooled laptop upgrades

Clintlgm
11-18-2012, 05:57 PM
Why bother with water cooled, just go straight to Helium or nitrogen

chiilin
11-18-2012, 06:15 PM
temps are fine bro.. I left mine on for 15 mins and it also hit 85.. When playing games it will NEVER ever go that high so its cool.. Furmark is an extreme stress test..

Allthough i was at my friends house the other day who has a liquid cooled monster and i put a burn in test on.. After 15 mins it was at 65 !! stable ! and overclocked lool.. wish someone invents water cooled laptop upgrades

I guess its up to personal opinion, but I don't agree they are fine. They may be "OK," but it is still 10-degrees higher than my brand new G75-VW, and 10-degrees higher than what many others have reported getting in the extreme stress test of the Furmark Bench Test. 85-degrees is 13% hotter than 75-degrees for the same test, same hardware, etc. IMO, 13% indicates a problem (such as a poorly pasted GPU heatsink) that is beyond "normal" manufacturing differences of quality control. If it was me, I would be concerned why my brand new G75 is not getting within at least a few degrees of the same results as others.

mrwolf: I'm sure you most likely have problem with your GPU as well. That doesn't mean it still won't be fine, or OK, but it's running hotter than it should be. You just commented the other day in this thread "How do you keep your laptops cool?" (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?25318-How-do-you-keep-your-laptops-cool/page3) about how your laptop used to go over 75+ but now never goes over 70; so I guess you're talking about gaming or something since you just told nir0 your bench test also goes to 85.

BTW, I expressed some concerns in that other thread about your drilling those holes, IDK if you saw it or not (you haven't replied anyway).

chiilin
11-18-2012, 06:22 PM
Ok, so i did the full 15 min FurMark and it went to 83 degrees until 5-6th min.. from there till 15 it went to 85. with 16-17 FPS,

also i saw memory use was at 8% and fan at 0% ... i wonder why is fan at 0%??

Well 85 is definitely better than the 97 on the 1st one I RMA'd, but it is still 13% hotter than 75. So, it's just going to be up to you. I would guess that it indicates a paste job on the GPU that is 13% less efficient than the norm; but is that OK with you? It could be just fine for your needs, and never create a problem. It all depends on how anal you are about not getting a "perfectly" put together machine, or if you want to wait on an RMA or not. I personally would probably be on the fence about it; I may just deal with it, but I'd always have in the back of my mind that I got a subpar GPU heatsink job, when it could have been done better. If I were ASUS, I would not be happy with a + or - 13% efficiency on GPU cooling. So my guess is that they would accept an RMA for the sake of their own quality control reputation, and therefore the supplier should also.

chiilin
11-18-2012, 06:23 PM
** double post **

dstrakele
11-18-2012, 06:45 PM
Don't forget about ambient room temperature...

You're also assuming the temperature sensors are 100% accurate.

mrwolf
11-18-2012, 06:45 PM
Yea i see what you mean chillin, and you are absolutely correct. It is hotter than others but then again no GPU is exactly the same and thermal paste is never applied exactly the same so results may differ, even though mine is a bit on the high side.. Either way its not a big deal for me as my room is relatively cool, and i OC pretty high and really dont get many heating problems since i have those holes in the bottom now :) lol before i used to get 85.. I jus tried it now with the holes and i got 80 max after like 12 mins n it wasnt goin up so i stopped it..
RMA is an option but to be honest, as long as i can game with max OC for as long as i want and not have problems im happy with my device, i have a sony viao laptop that hits 90 degrees on a daily basis and i treat it like ****, let it heat up, leave it outside, my dog sleeps on it n everything and despite all that it works fine lol i even used furmark it was wanting to go wayy over 90 but i stopped it lol.. So my point is that it is up to you about how anal you wanna be about it, in my case i much rather make use of this beast and play some games, rather than RMA and ***** about 5-10 degrees :)

yes thanks, i did see your concerns and it made sense about the suction and stuff.. jus been quite busy and forgot to reply lol but ye suction could be affected but i dont think it makes a huge diff because of that fact that the holes i made arent thaat big, and they are covered with a filter.. So suction would not be affected that much and if it did and it made things worse, why are my temps much cooler now?

chiilin
11-18-2012, 07:06 PM
Don't forget about ambient room temperature...

You're also assuming the temperature sensors are 100% accurate.

Well, yes, you are right about ambient temperature, but I'm assuming nir0 is taking that into account because we discussed that with him in another thread (he has a few threads where he is talking about his temps). And also true that all we know is that Furmark is reporting a 10-degree higher temp, that could be because his GPU is actually 10-degrees hotter, or it could be a false due to an inaccurate measurement; it could be caused by lots of things really, or combination of things. But my point is, if I'm buying a brand new high quality laptop, I expect everything about it to be manufactured with tight enough quality control to get the same results as everyone else with at least 3%, or maybe 5% max difference. If it doesn't then something is wrong, or not as good as it could have been. Whether it's a poorly placed temp pick-up, bad sensor, poor paste job, whatever, I want to start off with a brand new machine with it all put together properly. If one thing isn't quite up to par, how many other things that aren't obvious might not be quite right with this machine as well?

That's why I RMA'd my 97-degree GPU machine and now have one at 75-degrees. Granted, it was a much easier decision to RMA a 97-degree machine (30% hotter), thna an 85-degree machine (13% hotter); so only nir0 can decide what to do.

chiilin
11-18-2012, 07:17 PM
Yea i see what you mean chillin, and you are absolutely correct. It is hotter than others but then again no GPU is exactly the same and thermal paste is never applied exactly the same so results may differ, even though mine is a bit on the high side.. Either way its not a big deal for me as my room is relatively cool, and i OC pretty high and really dont get many heating problems since i have those holes in the bottom now :) lol before i used to get 85.. I jus tried it now with the holes and i got 80 max after like 12 mins n it wasnt goin up so i stopped it..
RMA is an option but to be honest, as long as i can game with max OC for as long as i want and not have problems im happy with my device, i have a sony viao laptop that hits 90 degrees on a daily basis and i treat it like ****, let it heat up, leave it outside, my dog sleeps on it n everything and despite all that it works fine lol i even used furmark it was wanting to go wayy over 90 but i stopped it lol.. So my point is that it is up to you about how anal you wanna be about it, in my case i much rather make use of this beast and play some games, rather than RMA and ***** about 5-10 degrees :)

yes thanks, i did see your concerns and it made sense about the suction and stuff.. jus been quite busy and forgot to reply lol but ye suction could be affected but i dont think it makes a huge diff because of that fact that the holes i made arent thaat big, and they are covered with a filter.. So suction would not be affected that much and if it did and it made things worse, why are my temps much cooler now?

Yeah, well for you we know RMA is not an option, especially since you already drilled those holes. Plus I don't know how old your machine is, but in nir0's case, he just bought his; so he may want to start off with a brand new machine knowing that it is within spec with most other people's. That will be up to him.

As far as your holes you drilled: my only point is that it was obviously not ASUS's intent to introduce fresh air right there directly at the fans, or they would have put vents there. So their intended air flow within the case has a different design to pull in a specific locations, pass by the hot stuff, and blow out the back. So where does the "cool" air that get sucked into your new holes go? Well if it simply enters the fan and blows straight out the back without passing by a "hot" area to cool it, then it doesn't help anything. In that case it actually reduces the amount of air flow that does pass by the hot areas, and make cooling less efficient.

But I really don't know what's happening with that air, so maybe you really are cooling your hot areas (CPU and/or GPU) better. But I also don't know exactly how they measure the temps of the CPU and or GPU. Do they have a temp sensor embedded right on the GPU or CPU? on the heatsinks? Or do they have a sensor somewhere else in the system that used logic to predict what the temperature "should" be at the CPU or GPU?

I don't know the answers to any of that; I'm just saying it's something to think about; maybe those holes really do help where you put them. :o

chiilin
11-18-2012, 07:54 PM
Actually, those % differences in heat are really not representative of the cooling efficiency. It's actually much worse.

Those percentages I gave previously were with respect with 0-degrees Celcius. But really it should be compared to your ambient temperature, because the system is NEVER at 0-degrees Celcius. In my case, my house is 72-F which = 22-C ambient temperature = the temperature of all components when the machine is off.

So if 75-C is "normal" stress test max GPU temp, the computing load caused 75-22= 53-degrees Celcius of heat.

My 97-C machine cause 97-22= 75-degrees Celcius of heat.

75 - 53 = 22-degrees hotter than normal "baseline" of 53. Then 22/53 = 41.5% hotter than normal. That indicates a severe problem.

Now in nir0's case (assuming same ambient temperature of 22-C): 85-75= 10-degrees hotter. 10/53 = 19% hotter. Not as bad as 41.5%, but if my system was running 19% hotter than other's I would be concerned.

nirO
11-18-2012, 07:58 PM
well to RMA it would be a problem... since as i said the supplyer said those are normal temps lol, also i took it from online shop in Romania and had a currier bring it to me in Greece were i live.. it took 3 days to get the money in theyr account and another 4days to get it to me... why? it was about 800-900 euros cheaper about same specifications.And i`m from Romania my self

Now supplyer said before it got to me.. Asus guaranties for the 24 moths warranty and if any problems come up normly i would have to send to supplayer but if i contact Asus in Greece they thnk they could help me 2.

now I`m not sure can I RMA it in any country or... if i can do i have to send it back in same box it came?

even in Romania it was 1500 euros so yeah i kind of want it to be perfect for that money...

EDIT: yes my room temp is 20-22 Celcius

chiilin
11-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Well, if RMA'ing is difficult for you, you have two other options to consider: Live with a machine whose GPU reports a 19% less efficient cooling system, or try fixing the problem yourself. IMO, the most likely cause of the higher temperature is a less-than-perfect pasting of the heatsink to the GPU. You could take it apart and repaste it on better yourself if you trust yourself to do that, but you may also void you warranty at the same time.

It just comes down to your personal decision. RMA'ing was easy for me here in the USA, plus my previous system was 41.5% less efficient, making the decision a no-brainer. At 19% inefficiency, you may be OK depending on your needs, and you still have the warranty if anything happens after awhile.

nirO
11-18-2012, 08:15 PM
i would RMA it.. so leaves me to contact Asus via email to see what they have to say about it... and then call Asus here in greece..

otherwise.. i will buy a cooler pad and give it a extra cooling not sure how much it will help since air flow in on the back but still

ghostroboBH
02-11-2013, 02:57 PM
Well, i played Battlefield 3 on custom settings, most of them high, for around 8hrs and got no hotter than 71c. i used a program call nvidia inspector, you oc and monitor the temps and everything that deals with your gpu

brndwn
02-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Well, i played Battlefield 3 on custom settings, most of them high, for around 8hrs and got no hotter than 71c. i used a program call nvidia inspector, you oc and monitor the temps and everything that deals with your gpu
Just out of curiosity, how high was your FPS? I play on med-low 1080p and I get 45-60 (vsync on).

MultiGab2000
03-12-2013, 11:04 AM
Help my Graphic Card gets 97 Celsius when I start Dishonerd or Skyrim on High Grapics and than my G75V just shuts down. I cleaned the inside and everiphing. My screen is broken so I use an external. the fans on 100.0% . :( I got 3D Marks 11 and made a test on 720p and nothing hapend the gpu got 90 celsius.
Please Help
ps I updated the graphic driver.

Thanks alredy MultiGab 2000

Apexing
03-12-2013, 12:49 PM
are you playing with the laptop on a surface that dont allow air into the laptop?
the shuts down are thermal shutdowns and it will happen if it gets to 97 in fumark took.
has your card always been running that hot? if it has, and you dont want to ship it of for repairs then repaste thermal compound on your own.

bdawwgg
03-25-2015, 05:46 AM
Bringing this thread back from the dead. This thread opened up my eyes in seeing that my temps were waaaay to high.

I was easily getting 85c in furmark after 5 minutes...going higher to 95+c before 15min.
I maned up and cracked open my G75vw to repaste cpu and gpu along with putting in the intel 7620ac.

After repaste (i know its kindof soon to see proper temps, right?) after 15 min in furmark i was stabalizing at 85c nothing higher than that, and dropping to a cool 45C
Was my paste job subpar? Ive never done this before yet alone open a laptop up in this fashion.
Please let me know thanks. I love this forum and wish i had known about it when i first bought this beast

PS I also have been having random shutdowns and hibernate after the install of the 7620 and repaste. I dont know what to think of what is causing this. If anyone can provide insight thank you so much

srmojuze
04-17-2015, 02:42 AM
FWIW after my fan assembly on G55 was replaced my 660M temps went down to the mid-to-high 70s instead of 80+... CPU still is 95degC when OC'ed, but that is another topic altogether :)