PDA

View Full Version : Asus G75VW Wireless Bug?

linolear
10-20-2012, 12:36 AM
Does anyone have similar problem with me?
Everytime there is a temporary blackout, when the lights back on, my G75VW doesnt immediately reconnect, even though the wi-fi is all ready to connected to...
i aways need to turn off the g75vw wireless off-then on for it to reconnect or put it to sleep then re-wake.

my last laptop doesnt to have this problem - Lenovo Y560P.

if any of you did have similar problem, what you did to resolve this?
it doesnt seem much of a problem, but when the temp blackout occured in middle of the night, it seems kind of annoying, to wake up and realize that my d/l queue havent finished because of this bug.

finalhour
10-20-2012, 12:40 AM
what country are you in? just wondering...I haven't really experienced blackouts so I haven't seen this issue. I'd imagine that just toggling the wireless adapter on and off by using fn button + f2 would fix it though...

linolear
10-20-2012, 02:26 AM
i live in Indonesia...
yes it is as simple as that if i actually aware of it..
as i said if i goes to sleep, and this happened, that is kinda annoying, to wake up and realized that my d/l queue isnt finished...

dstrakele
10-20-2012, 03:47 AM
I believe the default wireless power option is to allow the wireless radio to be turned off to conserve battery power once the critical level is reached. When power returns after the blackout , the wireless radio remains off.

Change this power configuration to not turn off the wireless radio. Your battery will run down faster, but if it can survive the duration of the blackout, then WiFi should reconnect.

If you turn off your wireless router, then turn it back on, and your laptop WiFi doesn't reconnect, you may also need to update your WiFi driver.

scrufy
10-20-2012, 03:16 PM
It's Windows. Nothing wrong with your laptop.
Like said earlier you can trick Windows into reconnecting faster by going to adaptor settings and disable then re-enable the wireless but really there isn't a lot you can do. It's just Windows.
Part of it also could be your ISP. Even though you might see your lights on, your ISP may be looking for your router to time out when the power died and the PPPOE or whatever login zombied. So, your ISP has to wait until that connect times out before letting your dsl modem, cable modem, whatever try and reconnect if you have that type of connection.

deeptg
11-26-2012, 06:50 AM
Hi,
I bought an Asus G75vw couple days back with windows 8. Everything was working fine except that i couldn't connect to my wireless router. It had a WEP encryption. After I entered the Network Security key, I Kept on getting "Can't connect to this network", troubleshooting didnt help either. Then I updated all drivers from Asus support website and it connected after a restart. I was quite delighted but the next day again i got the "cant connect to this network" message. So I changed my encryption to WPA2-PSK (AES) and even updated the firmware of my router. Still no luck. I have googled around a lot but couldnt find any proper solution.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Pitcher@asus
11-27-2012, 02:34 AM
could you do the clarify,
1. other device are able to connect to same router?
2. could you change router channel and try again?
3. connecter to other router.
4. what is your router model name?