PDA

View Full Version : Performance Issues - Could anyone assist a fool...

Duilyon
10-21-2012, 01:33 AM
I recently purchased the Asus G75VW to casually play The Secret World and other games. I have only owned the laptop for about a week or so and have updated the graphics driver to the most recent one.

The problem I have been having is that I cannot seem to play The Secret World on anything higher then Medium setting on DirectX9. This is not a big issue but I have spoken to other people running a very similar rig as mine and are able to play it on much higher settings. I am curious as to if anyone would have any idea as to how I can fix this issue or if i just that the game need a better graphics card.

Specs :

Nvidia GeForce 660m 2GB
8gigs ddr3
Intel Core i73610 QM.

I would appreciate any advice very much! Or if any additional information is needed will be happy to provide!!

Thank you!!

AzraelsKiss
10-21-2012, 02:35 AM
Is the notebook plugged in, or are you trying to play the game while on battery? If the game needs very much graphics power at all, it won't be able to play very well under battery. There are many threads discussing this issue on the forums.

chrsplmr
10-21-2012, 12:40 PM
Duilyon .. Welcome to ROG.

I am deeply offended. You May Not call 'any' ROG a 'fool', it is forbidden.
You are new .. so I hope the Mods let you slide ... hahahhaha

AzraelsKiss+ .. good to see you again, our friend.c.

Duilyon
10-21-2012, 07:58 PM
The laptop is always plugged in. My one buddy told me to Overclock the 660M with the EVG precision program but unsure if that is safe. Going to look through the forums to check it out.

Was just curious to see if anyone had suggestions as to why it was not running well.

Thanks for the welcome! the Asus seemed like an awesome deal!