PDA

View Full Version : skype + bf3 = no sound?

RLarsen
10-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Hello everyone

Ive recently bought myself a phoebus soundcard, but unfortuanaly ive experiencing some major problems.
I often play Battlefield 3 with my friends and while we play we use skype(trillian) to communicate.
When i do this i often have no sound in battlefield at all. If i try to Alt Tab i still have sound on fx youtube.
The problem seems to only occur with battlefield and ive tried to change the sample rate and bitrate from 192 to 96 khz and swap between 16 and 24 bit

Is this a common error or am i doing anything wrong?

The rest of my system is as follows
Windows 7 64bit
Asus P6T Deluxe v2
i7 920 (@3800)
3x2GB OCZ DDR3 RAM 1600mhz (@1452)
AMD 7970
240GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD
750W Corsair PSU

Raja@ASUS
10-22-2012, 08:41 AM
A few things:

1) Which Phoebus driver are you using?

2) How have you assigned the default communications device in Control Panel? Do you have the mic plugged into the Phoebus or the onboard motherboard sound?

-Raja

Glasofruix
10-22-2012, 08:51 AM
Skype lowers the sounds of fullscreen programs during communication, there's a setting for that.

RLarsen
10-22-2012, 12:33 PM
A few things:

1) Which Phoebus driver are you using?

2) How have you assigned the default communications device in Control Panel? Do you have the mic plugged into the Phoebus or the onboard motherboard sound?

-Raja

im using the "newest" beta driver (which os quite old atm i guess :) 7.0.1.20

i have plugged my headset into line in on the sound card, but im not using my head set mic since its poor so im using the control box as a microphone and its plugged in the mic in port
so in control panel "desktop microphone" is set as default recording device

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/34957864/phoebus.jpg

this is my settings in phoebus control panel
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/34957864/phoebus2.jpg

Skype lowers the sounds of fullscreen programs during communication, there's a setting for that.

im using trillian and it shouldnt turn the volume completely off should it? and sometimes theres sound in battlefield 3

Glasofruix
10-22-2012, 12:53 PM
im using trillian and it shouldnt turn the volume completely off should it? and sometimes theres sound in battlefield 3

It's worth checking, since there's something similar in team speak too.

RLarsen
10-22-2012, 01:09 PM
i cant find the option in trillian but i have change it in control panel so it does nothing when it detects voice communication

RLarsen
10-22-2012, 09:25 PM
i just played battlefield where i got both trillian (skype) and the sound ingame - it was a bit wonky but it worked when i started battlefield 3 first and then i triede calling my friend - then there was no sound in trillian - then he tried calling me, then it worked fine.
Now i just exited battlefield and logged into world of warcraft - now theres no sound in wow.
When i go into the sound menu in wow it says theres no sound driver under output device.
I guess windows have some issues detecting the driver?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/34957864/WoWScrnShot_102212_232555.jpg

KILLER_K
10-23-2012, 02:21 AM
We need a WHQL driver pretty badly. Seems the card was rushed and not tested with a lot of games. Asus hurry up and fix all these problems. Give us a real driver that sorts all the problems out for this sound card. Thanks

Glasofruix
10-23-2012, 10:28 AM
Asus seems to follow creative's footsteps when it comes to driver releases, which is not a good thing...

RLarsen
10-23-2012, 11:18 AM
yea, its too bad - i swapped my creative xfi titanium out with the phoebus cause of creatives poor driver support

RLarsen
10-24-2012, 05:04 PM
its like the soundcard cant handle delivering audio from more sources - when i start bf3 first before making the voice comm call i (mostly( get sound in battlefield - but then im having issues with the voice comm - and if play more games after it sometimes doesnt detect the driver it seems (like the world of warcraft screenshot i posted earlier)

for the love of god - please provide us with better drivers that actually works.

im regretting spending so much money on a supposedly highend sound card

would love some response if you are actually working on a new driver and how far we are from release.

KILLER_K
10-24-2012, 08:48 PM
The card was suppose to be high-end. But in real life performance the ASUS DGX, DSX are about the same audio quality from it. The break out box seems to be the only thing it brings new to the table. The Asus ST/STX smokes this card in sound quality. But you do get the analog 5.1 straight out the back of the pheobus.

Rushed sound card with bad drivers. They should have tested the card more then what they did. Now the end-users have to tell them our problems and do their work for them. Highly disappointed in the sound card and price tag. Would have been nice to be able to update the op-amps on this card also.

Going to remove mine out the system and use onboard as it is close to the same with all the issues in this sound card. Thanks