PDA

View Full Version : 3d Problem

islam Al moufti
10-22-2012, 09:19 PM
Hi,

I need urgent help with my Asus G74S, I had Purchased it 3 months ago and every thing was fine with the 3d games and pictures but I didnít use it o the past month.
Today I installed a new 3d supported game and when the game started I warred the 3d glasses but nothing happened, no 3d vision so I thought the problem with the glasses so I changed it and tried the game and nothing happened so I thought the problem with the new game that I had installed so run previous installed game but there are no 3d visions.

Please help me with that issue

Thank you

xeromist
10-22-2012, 09:59 PM
Is 3D enabled in the Nvidia control panel?

islam Al moufti
10-22-2012, 11:32 PM

Thanks for your reply, the 3D was enabled before but now after i reinstalled the driver and when i try to enable the 3d it open new page for setting setup NVidia 3d vision but there isn't option for my 3d glasses all the options are or the external IR emitter ad mine is built-in and even so I tied to select all the options but with no luck.

Thanx

PILGRIM
10-23-2012, 03:44 AM
What nVidia driver version are you currently using?
Are the nVidia 3D Vision Controller and 3D Vision drivers in your Windows Control Panel?
When setting up 3D in the nVidia Control Panel, does it look like this?

Whenever I have a new nVidia driver installed, I configure the 3D glasses
to run with the built-in IR emitter by clicking "Run Setup Wizard", as shown above.
I also re-charge the 3D glasses every once in a while.

islam Al moufti
10-23-2012, 03:48 PM
What nVidia driver version are you currently using?
Are the nVidia 3D Vision Controller and 3D Vision drivers in your Windows Control Panel?
When setting up 3D in the nVidia Control Panel, does it look like this?

Whenever I have a new nVidia driver installed, I configure the 3D glasses
to run with the built-in IR emitter by clicking "Run Setup Wizard", as shown above.
I also re-charge the 3D glasses every once in a while.

Hi again,

My NVidia driver version is 306.97 for both 3D Vision controller & 3D vision drivers and it looks like your but there are no 3d vision ready logo and stereoscopic 3d display type is 3d vision discover

Thanks

PILGRIM
10-23-2012, 04:19 PM
Perhaps you should try the nVidia 306.23 WHQL version. It's the one I have at the moment.
Make sure to install all 3D Vision drivers.

I haven't tried that 306.97 WHQL version yet.

islam Al moufti
10-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Perhaps you should try the nVidia 306.23 WHQL version. It's the one I have at the moment.
Make sure to install all 3D Vision drivers.

I haven't tried that 306.97 BETA version yet.

I,ll try it and advice u

islam Al moufti
10-23-2012, 09:15 PM

This is what i got form 306.23 any advice please

xeromist
10-23-2012, 09:19 PM
When you did the installation did you click the check box for a clean install? I'm thinking something may be corrupted in the installed files and you might need a clean start.

Gotta run and won't be back for a while but I wanted to post this quick suggestion before I leave work.

islam Al moufti
10-23-2012, 09:47 PM

Thanks, i am downloading the file again

PILGRIM
10-24-2012, 02:45 AM

This error pop-up usually indicates wrong downloaded driver. You might have downloaded the desktop version.
This is the notebook version: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/48693

Like what xeromist said, your registry might be corrupted.
Do you install nVidia in Safe Mode? If not, I recommend you do it.
Also, use Phyxion Driver Sweeper and CCleaner to clean old registry remnants.

This is how I install an nVidia driver:
-Manually uninstall all nVidia drivers in Windows Control Panel (multiple restarts are expected).
-Restart computer, go to Safe Mode (F8).
-Use CCleaner software, then use Driver Sweeper, restart computer, go back to Safe Mode.
-Install nVidia driver- go to "Custom" (Advanced), tick all components except "NVIDIA update",
tick "Perform a clean installation", click "next".
-Restart computer normally.

islam Al moufti
10-24-2012, 02:37 PM
Thanks, i am downloading the file again

I'v got the same message " Nvidia installer can not continue

Any idea

Thanks

xeromist
10-24-2012, 04:45 PM
I'v got the same message " Nvidia installer can not continue

Any idea

Thanks

Do you have the driver Pilgrim linked in the post above yours?
Did you run Driver Sweeper?

islam Al moufti
10-25-2012, 03:32 PM
Do you have the driver Pilgrim linked in the post above yours?
Did you run Driver Sweeper?

Did all the steps above, the new driver was installed Ok but still in the stereoscopic 3d display type "3D vision discovered", any opinion before i format the notebook?

Regards

PILGRIM
10-25-2012, 04:08 PM

Click the dropdown menu (circled in red), and select "ASUS 3D Vision Laptop".
Then proceed in syncing the 3D glasses with the built-in IR emitter
by clicking "Run Setup Wizard".

islam Al moufti
10-25-2012, 04:18 PM

Click the dropdown menu (circled in red), and select "ASUS 3D Vision Laptop".
Then proceed in syncing the 3D glasses with the built-in IR emitter
by clicking "Run Setup Wizard".

That was the issue from the beginning, i do not have a drop-down menu i have only stereoscopic 3d display type "3D vision discovered" ??????

PILGRIM
10-25-2012, 04:36 PM
That was the issue from the beginning, i do not have a drop-down menu i have only stereoscopic 3d display type "3D vision discovered" ??????

IF the nVidia driver have been installed properly (with the 3D Vision and the 3D Vision Controller drivers),
then there should be 2 choices for the "Stereoscopic 3D Display Type". I don't see any reason why there shouldn't.

Unless, for some reasons, the IR emitter has been disconnected to the motherboard.
Thus, the laptop acting weirdly..

islam Al moufti
10-25-2012, 08:51 PM
IF the nVidia driver have been installed properly (with the 3D Vision and the 3D Vision Controller drivers),
then there should be 2 choices for the "Stereoscopic 3D Display Type". I don't see any reason why there shouldn't.

Unless, for some reasons, the IR emitter has been disconnected to the motherboard.
Thus, the laptop acting weirdly..

These are the Nvidia install driver in my computer maybe i missed something ???

Thanx all for your efforts to try to solve my problem