PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard issues

usspfnorman
10-24-2012, 05:22 PM
Hey guys I have no idea how to fix this but heres whats going on. I have a fairly new 6 month old g74sx laptop. It works great but for whatever reason whenever I try to type in chat in games it doesn't work. I press enter to open the chat box and it inputs a few letters then stops and freezes it, I press enter again to put what little chat I entered in and it doesnt go through.
Its not the games fault because it happens on every game I play but when I'm not in a game it works just fine. And I'm not hitting my touchpad because it disabled when I have my mouse plugged in when I play games. Also microsoft says the keyboard drivers are up to date 1.0.0.3 and the keyboard works just fine when not in game or while I'm playing. Just messes up during game chat. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Chris

dstrakele
10-24-2012, 08:04 PM
Your problem doesn't sound like a keyboard issue. Has this always occurred, or is it a recent development? If recent, I'd first try a Windows System Restore to an earlier time to see if it resolves the issue.

If that failed, I'd probably try troubleshooting Adobe Flash, by choosing to repair it in Control Panel, updating it, or even backrevving it.

What Browser are you currently using? If you switch to another Browser, does it change behavior?

xeromist
10-24-2012, 08:33 PM
Do you get any odd control behavior in FPS games (or any game where you use the keyboard a lot)? Seems odd that it would only happen when typing a chat message but other keyboard activity inside the game would be normal.

usspfnorman
10-25-2012, 04:54 PM
It has always occurred and its not on online games like website games. I'm talking legit games like world of war tanks, warz, planet side 2, war of the roses.

Also, no odd controls at all, thats why I'm so confused. The only times I have any problems is in the chat windows.