PDA

View Full Version : Can't find second SSD after full system wipe in G73JW

ScopedSilently
10-24-2012, 07:28 PM
My G73JW was getting slow so i used the recovery CD that came with the laptop to wipe it, there was three options on how to wipe it,

Recover Windows to first partition only
-This option deletes only the first partition and allows you to keep other partitions, and to create a new system partition as drive "C".

Recover Windows to entire HD
-This option deletes all partitions from your hard disk drive and creates a new system partition as drive "C".

Recover Windows to entire HD with two partitions
-This option deletes all partitions from your hard drive and creates two new partitions "C" (60%) and "D" (40%).

I chose the second option, and now after installing and booting up I cant seem to find my second HDD anywhere, not even when i boot into the BIOS. Does anyone have a solution to finding the second HDD? I dont mind if i have to wipe it completely or it is already wiped because that was my original plan

xeromist
10-24-2012, 07:34 PM
If it's not showing up in the BIOS then that is a more serious problem. I'd check to make sure it is seated properly and hasn't come loose. In Windows you may need to go to the disk management interface to format the drive if it has been completely wiped and isn't initialized. You can get there by right-clicking on my computer>manage and then clicking on disk management in the left pane.

ScopedSilently
10-24-2012, 08:00 PM
If it's not showing up in the BIOS then that is a more serious problem. I'd check to make sure it is seated properly and hasn't come loose. In Windows you may need to go to the disk management interface to format the drive if it has been completely wiped and isn't initialized. You can get there by right-clicking on my computer>manage and then clicking on disk management in the left pane.

I just checked and it is seated properly, It wont show up in disk management as well, or device manager, the HDD was working right before i preformed the recovery as well, i couldn't see any reason that it would have shut out on me now

xeromist
10-24-2012, 08:29 PM
Try removing both drives and switching the disappeared one to the other port. That way you can tell if it's the port or the drive.