PDA

View Full Version : G75 - where's my POST screen?

Amorphyrus
10-25-2012, 04:44 AM
Hi, everyone!
Three months passed till the moment I get my G75. During this time, not without your help, I have solved number of annoying issues. But still didn't find the information (nowhere) about G75 BIOS particular features.
I dont't know what's that - bug or feature, but there's no POST screen on boot and absolutely no opportunity to switch it on. Just ROG logo came in, then OS starting to load. Recently I've tried to safeboot and I failed(. Besides, no overclocking options. I have never seen something like that before, so I ask you for help. Maybe, somewhere is an compehensive BIOS manual?

Amorphyrus
10-26-2012, 04:43 AM
Oh, come on! Anyone!
I don't want to believe you guys are so uncurious...

13fist
11-14-2012, 08:02 AM
did anyone figure this out? i'd really like a POST screen instead of a logo..

Amorphyrus
11-14-2012, 08:51 AM
Finally, my very firts fellow-sufferer)
Still, no information for us. Starting to think, everybody happy with that crippled device

Bran187
11-14-2012, 09:01 AM
The ROG logo is the post screen. :) (In the bios it gives you the option to change the post screen logo from static to animated as well as play a post sound, both of which happen on the ROG logo screen which leads me to believe it is the post screen.)

I have never had problems safe booting (on hard reset) or getting into the bios.

Sorry if im mis understanding the problem you guys are having.

Amorphyrus
11-15-2012, 05:18 AM
The ROG logo is the post screen. :) (In the bios it gives you the option to change the post screen logo from static to animated as well as play a post sound, both of which happen on the ROG logo screen which leads me to believe it is the post screen.)

I have never had problems safe booting (on hard reset) or getting into the bios.

Sorry if im mis understanding the problem you guys are having.

Well, animated ROG logo with sound on boot is good, but we would like to see "classic" diagnostic messages like this ones:

https://www.google.ru/search?q=POST+screen&aq=f&sugexp=chrome,mod%3D7&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=ru&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=unqkULLNBqXZ4QTWuYHIBQ&biw=1595&bih=786&sei=0HqkUJTDJ-eK4gSdiIHgCg

And I don't actually like the way ROG logo looks like.

SUKARA@ASUS
11-15-2012, 06:40 AM
Usually,When you start or power on the notebook, press the keyboard "Tab",then you can see the POST logo

Amorphyrus
11-15-2012, 08:16 AM
Usually,When you start or power on the notebook, press the keyboard "Tab",then you can see the POST logo

I believe, I tried it before. Didn't work.
Just ROG logo for 2 seconds, then OS boot

Clintlgm
11-15-2012, 04:21 PM
I have been curious about this also, however I think that these puter boot so fast that I think maybe you wouldn't be able to use the boot post screen if you could see it passing by. This post has been up for awhile and we haven't seen any solution there are some pretty savvy user here so maybe that is the reason we can't see a normal post screen?

Amorphyrus
11-16-2012, 05:51 AM
I have been curious about this also, however I think that these puter boot so fast that I think maybe you wouldn't be able to use the boot post screen if you could see it passing by. This post has been up for awhile and we haven't seen any solution there are some pretty savvy user here so maybe that is the reason we can't see a normal post screen?

Well, maybe you're right. Machine boot speed really impressive indeed, and there's no chance to get any visual information from POST due to small "appear window". But still, why do I have no option? Maybe I'm eidetic-memory-man)

finalhour
11-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Maybe I'm mistaken but didn't BIOS 2.21 fix this!?

Clintlgm
11-16-2012, 07:27 PM
Yea I agree, you might be able to hit the pause key if we had the option, if you needed to see what was posting. Then again most of that information is available in windows?

13fist
11-17-2012, 07:55 AM
I've just gotten use to seeing quick test on cpu,ram,drives, etc.
It is useful information that has saved my bacon more than once, when OC'ing caused boot issues.
With my G75 though, all I get is a logo, and if there is a problem, a default to bios, with NO INFORMATION on what failed POST.
It just seems kinda silly to me to build a performance/OC rig without that critical information. can't get to windows if you can't post so what other way is there to know?

Clintlgm
11-17-2012, 05:21 PM
I agree, but it seems there is no work around, as we are not getting info here, and there are people here that would know if there was a way?

dstrakele
11-17-2012, 08:40 PM
Typically, you disable the splash screen in the BIOS, so that the POST information is displayed. ASUS is known for its "hands off" no configuration BIOS style in its laptops, so this may not be possible.

@skidzy suggests the following in http://mobile.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/helproom/306253/boot-up-without-post-screen-display/:

"Try;

Start / run and type MSCONFIG and enter. Under general,check Normal Startup is ticked and not selective startup."

This appeared to work for this issue in XP. I don't know if it will cross over to Windows 7 or 8, but I'm on my phone now and can't check...