PDA

View Full Version : G75 Ethernet controller issues.

Sqnkov
10-27-2012, 09:41 AM
Hi to all ROG members,
Last night I was playing good old Call of Duty MW3 in campaign mode with my trusty Razer Abyssus gaming mouse and all was good.. but when I looked at the internet connection - it was 2-3 bars down from normal (I thought - router problems). Turned off my notebook and went to sleep. I wake up this morning, turned my notebook on - "Ethernet Adapter not recognized" and my Razer Abyssus mouse doest work at all, just lightens up. When I plug it in and out of the usb 3.0 ports at some point it starts installing device software, but it turns out it installs the drivers for the ethernet adapter and fail to complete. I opened up the device manager and saw that my Ethernet controller is under "Other devices" and has no name , just "Ethernet controller". I downloaded some Intel WiMax drivers from the asus page, but they didnt detect any ethernet controller. The funny thing is I still have internet connection and I am currently typing from the noteook. I found only one topic about that kind of problem but it was about the Asus Maximus V I think. Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance!

ggBanks
10-27-2012, 10:04 AM
Why don't you try uninstalling the driver, disabling the Ethernet from the Hardware Manager, then restart enable it again and re-install your drivers. This should fix your problem :)

Sqnkov
10-27-2012, 11:55 AM
Nothing helped... I did a clean install , everything works fine, only the razer abyssus mouse doesnt seem to work. I downloaded the drivers (2.00) from the razer support site, but still nothing.

rewben
10-27-2012, 11:58 AM
hm.. the problem now is the razer mouse, not the ethernet driver? correct?

have you done a clean install for your mouse driver? what does your event logs tell you?

ggBanks
10-27-2012, 12:05 PM
Try doing the same thing with the mouse from hardware monitor and re-installing the driver. If that doesn't work try plugging it into another USB port!

Sqnkov
10-27-2012, 12:24 PM
Did a clean install of the driver.. nothing happened. Tried all of the usb ports. In the beginning my mouse was working without any drivers... but after the unexplainable situation from earlier this day... I really cant understand what the problem is. The blue led backlit of the mouse is working when I plug it in.

P.S. Some offtopic - how can I make my FN + Any Key combinations work???? Thanks

Sqnkov
10-27-2012, 01:51 PM
My other thought is a possible electric problem?