PDA

View Full Version : G75 Keyboard Backlit stopped working

Aurora
10-28-2012, 12:31 AM
Hello,

I don`t know when and how exactly this happened but my keyboard backlit has stopped working

My fn keys working properly: i can make the screen brighter and all
but when i press fn+ f3/f4 nothing happens. I don`t see any notification on the screen as well. Fn' F3 and F4 key are seperatly working though.

-I tried to re install Asus Atk Hotkey
-tried updating bios but i couldn't since i already have the latest bios (210) it said the version you are trying to install is older.
-Light doesn`t even come on bios screen.

Is it a lose cable or what else it could be?

Thank you very much

Asus G75-RS72

madnj
10-28-2012, 05:06 AM
It certainly sounds like possibly a loose/disconnected cable on the keyboard or defective keyboard.

I know with the G73, the keyboard was attached with 2 ribbon cables, 1 for the backlight, 1 for everything else. I'm not sure if this is still the case, but it's very likely.

I remember with the G73 also, even if you had the backlight off in Windows, it would still come on at least during the BIOS boot, so it definitely sounds like a connection or keyboard problem.

ggBanks
10-28-2012, 08:48 AM
If you have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8, the drivers for the Keyboard filter don't work with the 8. Try going into Computer -> Program Files (x86) -> ASUS -> ATK Package -> ATK Hotkey and start the HControl.exe Now try to adjust your keyboard brightness, and if that doesn't work then it must be a hardware problem.

Aurora
10-28-2012, 12:05 PM
yeah i upgraded to windows 8. I tried re installing atk package, and started hcontrol.exe, nothing happens, any other driver i should install ?

ggBanks
10-28-2012, 12:42 PM
maybe you should try doing fresh install. I suggest you to install windows 7 and if it doesn't work in windows 7 with the drivers installed you have a hardware problem. But if it works then it is from the upgrade.