PDA

View Full Version : Gave up on ASUS Live Update ... what updates needed ?

Crispy
05-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Uninstalled Asus Live Update for the last time , driving me crazy ( gave full permission , UAC , firewall etc ) went to asus support site found my model and all the 41 updates , but what are needed and in what order .

Do i do every update starting from 1st to newest update in a section , or just the newest out of each folder ?

Should i start with bios 1st ....where to start :) ?

xeromist
05-26-2011, 03:50 PM
The recommended path is to only upgrade when you need to fix a problem or gain new features that a newer driver offers. But if you're not afraid of having to roll back then installing the latest everything should be fine and should get you the best performance. You'll only want the latest version for each component unless you have a problem with the latest one. In such a case you might go with an earlier version, but you'll still only have one installed.

Chastity has spent some time creating a reference thread that is stickied here, so I would read that if I were you.
http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?1150-G73-Series-Driver-and-Application-Reference

Crispy
05-26-2011, 08:05 PM
Thanks Xeromist , always get a bit nervous with multiple updates with hardware . Plus being my 1st laptop and 1st time with Win 7 ya never know :) Out the 41 i did the hardware ones and left the program ones and Bios for later , all is working well so ill mess with it later if needs be ( aint broke , dont fix )

One thing , when I 1st setup the computer the Intel boost gadget was installed and working , then after a few days it crapped out . I reinstalled with the latest round and working again . Then after all updates where done , fresh reboot , then did a system/internet clean , WEI , rebooted and there again not working ...? is it a cache thing or just a buggy gadget ?

xeromist
05-26-2011, 08:11 PM
If you go to Start>Run and type msconfig in the run box you can find out what things are scheduled to run on startup. You can see if the gadget is there. I'm not sure if you're saying that it's missing or broken though.

Crispy
05-26-2011, 08:14 PM
Broken , works for a while then has the red "x" inside but still loading/showing gadget .

xeromist
05-26-2011, 10:11 PM
Ah, well then I don't really know anything about that specific software so I don't know what to tell you there other than try killing the process from the task manager and the running the executable as administrator again.