PDA

View Full Version : G73SW Nvidia Control Panel Display " Chi Mei Optoe..."

Crispy
05-27-2011, 12:41 AM
Was just looking into color settings in the Nvidia panel when i noticed my screen display as reading " Chi Mei Optoe... " its a new laptop , was just installing 1st round of hardware updates from Asus today , but not sure if was like that before updating , thought i seen it as something normal before .....

any idea thanks

chris

yetirog
05-27-2011, 06:27 AM
i have that to, just bought it yesterday, do u think ure screen looks slightly bluish in colour tint? dont knows either if chimei is any good screens

Crispy
05-27-2011, 02:04 PM
That was going to be my next question , coming default from factory , its definitley NOT 100% . This needs to be fixed for sure , for this much $$ it should be bang on .

xeromist
05-27-2011, 02:09 PM
thought i seen it as something normal before

Chi Mei is a display brand so that sounds normal to me.

Crispy
05-27-2011, 02:30 PM
Alright if theyre the manafacturer fine , the screen color is still off . Colors look muted , washed out even . Is there a way to get back to default or anything . Even watching COD trailer was painful , looked like a 10 year ol pute trying to run it , needs to be fixed .....

xeromist
05-27-2011, 02:38 PM
You should have a system restore checkpoint within Windows from before you installed the drivers. That would allow you to go back to that point. Alternately you could just uninstall the driver and install an older version to see if it makes a difference. The color characteristics of panels do vary and it's possible that the panel chosen for your model is just very cool. Did you buy this from a store where they have one on display? That might allow you to compare to another and see if they all seem to be inadequate for you. That might help you determine if you want to merely exchange or change to another model entirely.

Crispy
05-27-2011, 05:10 PM
It was like this before i did the updates , was one reason i went looking for all the updates . I just did a few tests ....

Played Iron Man II stream from Netflix , was outstanding ( suprisingly enough ) what i expected it should be like all the time .

KungFu Panda on DVD drive w/Roxio ( any good ? , never used before ) ... same as browsing/net washed out , and pale
----------- same------------- w/Media Player ...same as with Roxio , unacceptable .

...people with the 460M what nvidia drivers are you using right now ?

and any other ideas ...?

jorlanm
05-27-2011, 05:28 PM
could it be the splendid application got corrupted?

Crispy
05-27-2011, 05:40 PM
could it be the splendid application got corrupted?

Seen it , but never used the app yet ...

Just been in Nvidia panel and CP Display options

Crispy
05-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Where i really noticed was at xbox home page , green and yellow bands on right side . Just found the splendid app and with " gamma correction" selected it looks better . Now just have to re-test using same criteria as before with the movies ....what settings ( Splendid ) are others using ?

What players are people using for DVD/Blu's ....

jorlanm
05-27-2011, 06:49 PM
I also use Gamma...on Normal mode with my G73SW-3DE the tone is a bit cooler...Theater sets it a bit warmer so Gamma is just more natural...

Crispy
05-27-2011, 08:08 PM
I also use Gamma...on Normal mode with my G73SW-3DE the tone is a bit cooler...Theater sets it a bit warmer so Gamma is just more natural...
Yep i liked gamma as well , and for the movies i picked theater . So its just the settings ( normal is colder than i like ) and not the display or drivers then ... thank you very much :)

jorlanm
05-27-2011, 08:24 PM
No problem...from the reviews i have read the G73SW 1080p panels are originaly designed for Desktop monitors where you can fine tune it with the settings menu...being ported and use over the Notebook where we are pretty much limited to adjust brightness...Im glad ASUS has the Splendid Software...

Crispy
05-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Now does the Splendid actually 'change' nvidia or display options ( color hue gamma etc ) settings or just adds to its own thing ?

jorlanm
05-27-2011, 09:28 PM
It runs on top of what you set at the nvidia control panel...