PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8 -> Subwoofer doesn't work

ViktorRu
10-29-2012, 06:52 AM
Hello! I use ASUS G75VW, after win8 pro upgrade my subwoofer doesn't work.
Audio drivers are from Microsoft. I tried any VIA drivers (from win7 driver page, from asus g46 driver page, latest from via site) and every time I get the same. When install starts I get: "Can't find any HD device". I have already twice reinstalled win 8 to be sure that it's not my fault. Win 8 is licensed and downloaded from microsoft site.

What can I do to fix this?

_
10-29-2012, 07:13 AM
The G46 does not have a subwoofer so it will not help your G75 sorry.

Unfortunately the G75VW Windows 8 drivers for the VIA platform are not ready yet sorry. We can only suggest rolling back to Windows 7 for a short while.

ViktorRu
10-29-2012, 07:53 AM
Thanks for reply! At least I know what to expect.
Rolling back isn't a variant I spent a lot of time to find all drivers and adjust win 8. So I'll wait...

I am using my G75VW not for games (it's perfect even for hard working) and I may say that programs work really faster in win 8. So no rollback and wait for win 8 drivers.

Do you know at least probably when they gonna be ready?

tkolarik
10-30-2012, 03:29 AM
I went to the Via Website a couple of weeks ago, they had Windows 8 drivers then.

blkpanther
10-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Duplicate message.

blkpanther
10-30-2012, 04:05 PM
I'm also awaiting the drivers for this laptop. PLEASE make them available ASAP. I'm loving Windows 8, so much faster and lighter feeling than Win7. Please get the drivers for this right (the Win7 Subwoofer LFE fiasco is not something I want to relive), I love ASUS, but sometimes you guys confuse me.

The G46 does not have a subwoofer so it will not help your G75 sorry.

Unfortunately the G75VW Windows 8 drivers for the VIA platform are not ready yet sorry. We can only suggest rolling back to Windows 7 for a short while.

Techinstein
10-31-2012, 12:43 AM
I have Windows 8 Pro 64 bit of course and installed all of the drivers the only one i cant get installed is the bios one no built in setup. I also got all the keyboar dfuntions working now all i need is subwoofer i even got hybrid button working :D

tkolarik
10-31-2012, 02:01 AM
Have you tried directly from Via? http://www.via.com.tw/en/support/drivers.jsp.
I got my Win7 drivers there and they show Win 8 drivers for download.

blkpanther
10-31-2012, 12:55 PM
I have tried the VIA drivers, at least on my install (and I have a G75VW-BBK5 variant) the drivers fail install reporting "We couldn't find HD audio device". So that seems a bust. I also tried installing the drivers manually, i.e., without the setup tool, and had no luck. So the drivers on the VIA site are a no go.

Either way, I think G75 owners need specific drivers that support the subwoofer. I currently have audio out of the box, with default MS Drivers, just no sub, which sucks because the speakers are too quiet without the sub.

Have you tried directly from Via? http://www.via.com.tw/en/support/drivers.jsp.
I got my Win7 drivers there and they show Win 8 drivers for download.

ViktorRu
10-31-2012, 02:39 PM
Micro also doesn't work with out drivers ((

gulag17
11-08-2012, 02:39 PM
this link will take you to the driver needed to fix the subwoofer problem created after upgrading to windows 8. I contacted ASUS support and after 2 emails got the correct driver and now my subwoofer works great again.

http://support.asus.com.cn/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=388&m=G75VX&os=36&ft=4&f_name=Audio_Realtek_Win8_64_Z6016728.zip#Audio_Re altek_Win8_64_Z6016728.zip

finalhour
11-08-2012, 02:40 PM
this link will take you to the driver needed to fix the subwoofer problem created after upgrading to windows 8. I contacted ASUS support and after 2 emails got the correct driver and now my subwoofer works great again.

http://support.asus.com.cn/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=388&m=G75VX&os=36&ft=4&f_name=Audio_Realtek_Win8_64_Z6016728.zip#Audio_Re altek_Win8_64_Z6016728.zip

^that's a different company (realtek) for the soundcard/driver...we all have VIA and thats a link to the G75 VX not a VW

gulag17
11-08-2012, 02:43 PM
^that's a different company (realtek) for the soundcard/driver...we all have VIA and thats a link to the G75 VX not a VW

I also have the G75VW, this driver works though. I installed and walla subwoofer works.

blkpanther
11-08-2012, 03:11 PM
FYI, this does not work on a ASUS G75VW-BBK5.

I also have the G75VW, this driver works though. I installed and walla subwoofer works.

Quasimodem
11-12-2012, 01:00 AM
I believe these drivers have gotten my subwoofer to work... It's hard to tell... the volume is so much lower than it used to be... Pandora used to be 3x as loud...

Quasimodem
11-12-2012, 01:06 AM
Also, I seem to be missing the Audio Control progam... I did a clean install of 8, used all of the drivers from the Asus support site, with the exception of all bloatware except Power4Gear... anyone know what I'm missing?

finalhour
11-12-2012, 02:28 AM
Also, I seem to be missing the Audio Control progam... I did a clean install of 8, used all of the drivers from the Asus support site, with the exception of all bloatware except Power4Gear... anyone know what I'm missing?

Uhhh the audio driver from the G75VW...the posts above are explaining that the link that person posted are for the G75VX, which isn't even released yet and has a different sound setup. You need the audio drivers from the Win 7 version.

Quasimodem
11-13-2012, 04:41 AM
Uhhh the audio driver from the G75VW...the posts above are explaining that the link that person posted are for the G75VX, which isn't even released yet and has a different sound setup. You need the audio drivers from the Win 7 version.

Ok thanks... I started fresh with 8 and installed the 8 drivers for vw... No Audio Deck... So I'll uninstall all that, and install the 7 version, then run an update.... Thanks... Did the above VIA driver fix your sub? and why is audio so much lower than it used to be?

finalhour
11-13-2012, 06:52 AM
Ok thanks... I started fresh with 8 and installed the 8 drivers for vw... No Audio Deck... So I'll uninstall all that, and install the 7 version, then run an update.... Thanks... Did the above VIA driver fix your sub? and why is audio so much lower than it used to be?

You shouldnt have audio troubles after the VIA (win 7) install. The Win 7 drivers make the sub work, but I can't get it scaling with the 10600 driver (newest win 7 one on ASUS page)...the 10900 one is supposed to let that happen but I don't want to mess with mine anymore until I'm home on thanksgiving break. Make sure that your not turning an equalizer on too, that could lower audio.

ViktorRu
11-13-2012, 10:32 AM
I have downloaded 10.1200A driver. Got the same "No Any HD Device found", but installed them. Then I have manually updated HD audio drivers and my sub works ))) There some problems with quality of it's work but any way it works at least.

Microphone also works )))

http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/v10_1200a.zip