PDA

View Full Version : G46VW availability update: Dec at Best Buy

_
10-29-2012, 08:03 AM
Hi Everyone,

Good news:
Best Buy are our exclusive partners to launch our new 14" G series with! :)

Bad news:
The G46VW is currently slightly delayed until December sorry.

Further news/updates on schedule as and when I get it! /ear to ground.

dclanz
10-29-2012, 08:17 AM
Ouch. Well, I guess we'll have a nice lil' wait then. Hopefully things can be fast tracked by having BestBuy offer them sooner through preorders? :D

*creates BestBuy account and enters lurk mode* o.o

bignazpwns
10-29-2012, 09:06 AM
Ouch. Well, I guess we'll have a nice lil' wait then. Hopefully things can be fast tracked by having BestBuy offer them sooner through preorders? :D

*creates BestBuy account and enters lurk mode* o.o

Just go into best buy and find someone with a blue shirt and point at the box and say i want that and they will do it. At my best buy all the stock is kept over the shelf for laptops in locked cabinets and i bought so much stuff usually a week before release from them its not funny lol. If one person wont do it keep trying one person in there will sell it to you.

Zygomorphic
10-29-2012, 10:13 AM
Just go into best buy and find someone with a blue shirt and point at the box and say i want that and they will do it. At my best buy all the stock is kept over the shelf for laptops in locked cabinets and i bought so much stuff usually a week before release from them its not funny lol. If one person wont do it keep trying one person in there will sell it to you.

Rotter! ;) Stealing all the anticipation ASUS is tryin to build up! :) Interesting to know, though. Might have to try it when I get my next comp (if I get it from BestBuy).

kikich
10-29-2012, 12:36 PM
Maybe in Europe in January ?

pillowpants
10-29-2012, 02:59 PM
Hi Everyone,

Good news:
Best Buy are our exclusive partners to launch our new 14" G series with! :)

Bad news:
The G46VW is currently slightly delayed until December sorry.

Hi Marshall, what does this mean exactly? That Best Buy will be the only retailer to sell it at all or that they'll only sell it at launch and other retailers will carry it afterwards?

Thanks.

kikich
10-29-2012, 04:25 PM
Hi Everyone,

Does this mean there is a chance to have the new resolutions in G46 models in December from Best Buy

dclanz
10-29-2012, 04:53 PM

Based on my location (in the Caribbean) I won't be able to visit the store, so online shopping is the only choice at the moment. However I'll remain optimistic that I can get my grubby lil paws on one before xmas. :P

john_from_ohio
10-29-2012, 07:35 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just tell us that you will have a 1080 screen available and all will be forgiven!

Shawnnepc
10-29-2012, 08:22 PM
*sigh*

I strongly disapprove of this move

sidneyleejohnson
10-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Please tell us (when you find out) whether the G46VW will use the same power supply as the G55VW or if its been slimmed down to match the lighter laptop. Thanks.

htwingnut
10-30-2012, 09:30 PM
This machine looks AWESOME! Please any word on pricing? But why 1366x768? What the heck? 1600x900, come on guys.

Also is it matte or glossy screen.

Zygomorphic
10-31-2012, 01:36 AM
This machine looks AWESOME! Please any word on pricing? But why 1366x768? What the heck? 1600x900, come on guys.

I agree, and my guess is that its probably matte. :)

_
10-31-2012, 04:08 AM

On the sample I have here it's matt. Price will be whatever BBY lists it as when it comes to sell it :P

Zygomorphic
10-31-2012, 10:23 AM
The lack of an optical drive disappoints me, but then again, I've used mine I think ten times in a year (and my previous laptop's optical drive maybe twenty times in five years). Because of that, I guess I could live without it. Maybe offer a discount on an ASUS USB optical drive with proof of purchase?

PCAnyWhere
11-05-2012, 12:45 AM
I eagerly await the G46's arrival. I was thinking I needed a Mac Book Pro or an Ultrabook to have some portability and less strain of carrying 2 laptops but this G46 will be the answer for me. I can now carry my work computer and this one. My G75VW while awe inspiring whenever I take it out of the bag will be relegated to non-flying travel for me. Thanks Asus for plugging a gap for me; but just when it is going to come out ... the suspense is killing me!

Zygomorphic
11-05-2012, 01:45 AM
On the sample I have here it's matt. Price will be whatever BBY lists it as when it comes to sell it :P

Maybe you can lean on them to keep the price down - and launch it early! :)

sidneyleejohnson
11-20-2012, 04:58 PM
I noticed the $999 i5 version at Best Buy. Should we anticipate an i7 one as well? How many different configurations will BBY offer?

Shawnnepc
11-20-2012, 08:26 PM
The lack of an optical drive disappoints me, but then again, I've used mine I think ten times in a year (and my previous laptop's optical drive maybe twenty times in five years). Because of that, I guess I could live without it. Maybe offer a discount on an ASUS USB optical drive with proof of purchase?

They did that so they could upsell external drives.

Zygomorphic
11-21-2012, 12:40 AM
I noticed the $999 i5 version at Best Buy. Should we anticipate an i7 one as well? How many different configurations will BBY offer?

Knowing ASUS, across all the vendors there will be a gazillion. :D Bestbuy will have 2-3 versions, newegg will have several, Microcenter will have 1-2, and Tigerdirect will have 1-2.

chrsplmr
11-21-2012, 02:24 AM
I noticed on the ROG product page:
http://rog.asus.com/notebook/14-2/g46vw/
Optical drives are listed.

Zygomorphic
11-21-2012, 02:43 AM
I noticed on the ROG product page:
http://rog.asus.com/notebook/14-2/g46vw/
Optical drives are listed.

Possibly because of external drives? Still, good find! :)

chrsplmr
11-21-2012, 02:33 PM
Here is another suprise from the product page ... well suprised me.
http://rog.asus.com/notebook/15-inch/g53sw/

G53sw ??? New.

sidneyleejohnson
11-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Knowing ASUS, across all the vendors there will be a gazillion. :D Bestbuy will have 2-3 versions, newegg will have several, Microcenter will have 1-2, and Tigerdirect will have 1-2.

That doesn't appear to be the case this blog/forum states that Asus has made the g46vw an exclusive for best buy. Which btw really throws the custom shops like xoticpc a loop. Frankly there are serious gamers who like to pick their options and the exclusive with the Titanic (sinking ship BBY) is just plain stupid. Why not hook up with CompUSA or Circuit City too while you are at it... seriously did anyone at Asus bother to do a financial analysis of Best Buy ...its sinking faster and faster. you chained your g46vw to what may be a sinking ship.

Shawnnepc
11-21-2012, 04:09 PM
That doesn't appear to be the case this blog/forum states that Asus has made the g46vw an exclusive for best buy. Which btw really throws the custom shops like xoticpc a loop. Frankly there are serious gamers who like to pick their options and the exclusive with the Titanic (sinking ship BBY) is just plain stupid. Why not hook up with CompUSA or Circuit City too while you are at it... seriously did anyone at Asus bother to do a financial analysis of Best Buy ...its sinking faster and faster. you chained your g46vw to what may be a sinking ship.

If I had to guess, Best Buy invested in the design and production. The reward for doing this is exclusive access for x amount of time.

ASUS isn't a huge seller in the reseller(custom retailer) market

chrsplmr
11-21-2012, 04:23 PM
no love for the g53sw ??? or are 'we' assuming its old .. cuz of the '53' ..It is not.. look at the specs...

and..It is very clear .. as NEPC points out .. 'at first' will be exclusive to BB .. also being the point of the 'lame' screen..
as we have seen before .. in other BB models only...

Lets think about this ... the 11" TaiChi ... has twin 1920x1080's ... this 'aint' over by a long shot .. just first round.
I think the price point is going to be under the 999 suggested ... less we forget .. Asus's game is 'retail' ..
winner take all.
As an entry level to ROG ... first taste?? addicted for life .. hahahahahhaa ..c.

Zygomorphic
11-22-2012, 01:35 AM

If BestBuy goes bust, then ASUS will send the comp elsewhere. Maybe then we will have more useful computer stores like Microcenter and such in local regions. BestBuy often has good prices on lousy computers, and their "tech" salespeople usually don't know a thing of what they are talking about. One or two have, but most don't.

_
11-22-2012, 02:41 AM
Here is another suprise from the product page ... well suprised me.
http://rog.asus.com/notebook/15-inch/g53sw/

G53sw ??? New.

Nope, I'm using an SW for work. It was launched last year with G74 to Sandy Bridge update the G53.

I'm sure other retailers will be introduced in the future, as the 14" series develops with new options like HD+/FHD displays etc.

Bekarasha
12-01-2012, 10:23 AM
any answer for "why its 1366x786?" its so ridiculous for GAMING laptop !

Zygomorphic
12-01-2012, 11:09 AM
any answer for "why its 1366x786?" its so ridiculous for GAMING laptop !

Possibly because the cheapest panels are that resolution. However, @MarshallR said that new options will be coming like HD+/FHD panels, which would be great! Actually, I have noticed a trend that more computers are starting to get the 1080p resolution, which I like, as the price on 1080p panels will come down then...:D

aephemerae
12-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Don't really like acting like a rat, but if the G46VW is still under NDA to retailers i have to say some of them here in eastern europe (romania at least) missed the memo as right now two G46 models are available for purchase (an i5 - W3060D and an i7 - W3062D model).

kikich
12-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Link for G46 in Romanian Site-> http://www.emag.ro/laptop-asus-cu-procesor-intel-174-core-small-sup-tm-sup-small-i7-3630qm-2-40ghz-ivy-bridge-8gb-750gb-nvidia-geforce-gtx-660m-2gb-freedos-black-g46vw-w3062d/pd/EVRCKBBBM/

aephemerae
12-01-2012, 12:32 PM
and they are not the only ones selling it, mind you! :)

chrsplmr
12-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Possibly because the cheapest panels are that resolution. However, @MarshallR said that new options will be coming like HD+/FHD panels, which would be great! Actually, I have noticed a trend that more computers are starting to get the 1080p resolution, which I like, as the price on 1080p panels will come down then...:D

Zy, do you really think its the cheapness of the panel ?? Is there that much of a difference ?? especially for
what appears to be a $1000 lappy ??? and keeping in mind that the TaiChi has 2.
I have no idea either .. makes no sense to me .. no problem running flat out at that res though eh ??
If its just the cost per panel .. this is foolish imho .. i could see it if they were trying to produce a
$600 gamer .. idk. semi-confus'n.c.

aephemerae ... u RAT !!! .... hahahhahahhaa .. thnx.(and kikich).c.
btw .. $1380 u.s. for the i7 model and $1,200 for the i5 listed above .. Ouch !!!

eyung25
12-04-2012, 03:34 AM
Hi, been following this forum for info on the G46VW for awhile. I don't know if anyone here has checked but the G46VW is available at 3 stores near where I live now.

noneone
12-04-2012, 03:57 AM
Specs on asus site indicate an SSD AND HD possibility, $999 at best buy only has a HD. Anyone know how easy it would be to add an SSD? How about adding more ram? Anyone got a link with more internal details / tear down of the G46?

THanks!

Zygomorphic
12-04-2012, 11:18 AM
Don't really like acting like a rat, but if the G46VW is still under NDA to retailers i have to say some of them here in eastern europe (romania at least) missed the memo as right now two G46 models are available for purchase (an i5 - W3060D and an i7 - W3062D model).

Not a rat...that is cool...wonder how many people have purchased already. :confused:

dclanz
12-05-2012, 03:30 AM
Ordered earlier and just have to wait to have it collected and shipped my way. Not sure if anyone noticed but the BB version does not come with Bluetooth (nor is it listed with the i7 version on the russian link above) not that I use it much, but the option would have been nice though. Will link some screenies once it arrives. Just keeping an eye out for a decent wireless mouse & external dvd burner now.

Edit: For potential buyers looking for Bluetooth functionality I spotted this Asus Mini Bluetooth Dongle http://goo.gl/JPKhY over at Amazon :)

eyung25
12-05-2012, 04:25 AM
[QUOTE=dclanz;193445]Ordered earlier and just have to wait to have it collected and shipped my way. Not sure if anyone noticed but the BB version does not come with Bluetooth (nor is it listed with the i7 version on the russian link above) not that I use it much, but the option would have been nice though. Will link some screenies once it arrives. Just keeping an eye out for a decent wireless mouse & external dvd burner now.

Cool. Did you get a date for arrival? Can't wait to see the review!

dclanz
12-05-2012, 04:35 AM
Hey eyung25, I recognize you from the G46VW thread on notebookreview, lol. Welcome to the forums. :) Well if it's collected this week and shipped, hopefully by next week or the week after I'll have it (I'm not from the US). When you order though, you need to have it sent to a BestBuy outlet of your choice and go collect it there or have someone pick it up for you. If anyone needs to find it for purchase on BB try:

KENNESAW GA
850 COBB PLACE BLVD NW, KENNESAW, GA 30144

or

MIAMI BEACH FL
1131 5TH ST, MIAMI BEACH, FL 33139
(Florida has a number of places)

Zygomorphic
12-05-2012, 11:25 AM
@dclanz, thanks for the pointers on where to try it! @eyung25, in case I haven't said it before, welcome to the forums! :)

dclanz
12-05-2012, 12:09 PM
@dclanz, thanks for the pointers on where to try it! @eyung25, in case I haven't said it before, welcome to the forums! :)

All good bro. :D

eyung25
12-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the welcome kind sirs! Can't wait to get my hands on one of these laptops but sadly as we all know, the higher resolution screens don't have a set date for release and I want to wait for those. :(

chrsplmr
12-07-2012, 10:53 PM
They are starting to show up ....

Zygomorphic
12-08-2012, 01:31 AM
@chrsplmr, good find! :) Probably a bit of a drive for most people on the forum (?@xero? on the west coast) :D

Cheiba
12-08-2012, 02:54 AM

:)

dclanz
12-08-2012, 11:44 AM
@ Cheiba, sweet shots! Still waiting for mines to cross countries. Opening that box must feel like a bit of heaven! :D

Edit: Btw Welcome to the forums!

chrsplmr
12-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Zy .. I was playing with the Zips ... Fremont, Cali.... xero is in luck .. hehee

camu
02-13-2013, 10:48 PM
Hello people,

I registered here to ask if anybody knows anything about the G46VW ever coming to Europe?

I really want one :)