PDA

View Full Version : Error at start-up?

Seth31
10-29-2012, 01:25 PM
So, whenever I start my windows, and the display come on, it say something like this "couldn't find msiekw32.dll" so any idea how to fix this thing?

finalhour
10-29-2012, 01:26 PM
Can you find out the exact file that it's giving the error on, I googled and you must've misspelled it. It's important in diagnosing it...

Seth31
10-29-2012, 02:26 PM
so, i try to restart it, actually it's "there's a problem starting msiekw32.dll" and no, i didn't misspell it..i just restart my laptop after uninstalling a program...

rewben
10-29-2012, 02:39 PM
what program would that be?

Forgottenbhs
10-29-2012, 03:01 PM
so, i try to restart it, actually it's "there's a problem starting msiekw32.dll" and no, i didn't misspell it..i just restart my laptop after uninstalling a program...

Whatever program you uninstalled seems to have deleted a crucial start-up file. Try inserting your installation CD and booting from it, then attempt a Start-Up Repair.

rewben
10-29-2012, 03:08 PM
i think i saw this dll name before; i either fixed it by removing it from start-up entries, or cleaned it up because it's a virus i couldn't remember :/

Seth31
10-29-2012, 03:25 PM
Whatever program you uninstalled seems to have deleted a crucial start-up file. Try inserting your installation CD and booting from it, then attempt a Start-Up Repair.

My windows 7 is pre-installed so I don't have an installation CD, can you use a usb drive or something?

Forgottenbhs
10-29-2012, 03:52 PM
My windows 7 is pre-installed so I don't have an installation CD, can you use a usb drive or something?

If you search these forums you will see that the is a download link for the OEM disc image for Windows somewhere. You can also use any Windows 7 and up disk to perform start up repair.

dstrakele
10-29-2012, 09:18 PM
What application did you UNinstall? I suspect it did not completely uninstall and is still in the "Startup" tab of MSCONFIG to load at startup.

I also suspect the MSIEKW32.DLL file belongs to the uninstalled app and it cannot be found because it was deleted on uninstallation.

UNchecking the app in the Startup tab may eliminate the error. The executable for the problem application likely still exists in its folder under the C:\Program Files x86\ directory. Alternatively, CCleaner may be able to remove remnants of that application and eliminate the error.