PDA

View Full Version : How do i install and connect my wifi to my maximus v formula

Rayhan
10-29-2012, 03:21 PM
Can someone teach me how to install and connect the wifi module that came from the box of Maximus V Formula??

Chino
10-29-2012, 03:57 PM
1. Remove the screw beside the WiFi card pin connector.
2. Align the pins that are on the motherboard with the WiFi card pin connector and insert it.
3. Turn the motherboard over, and insert the screw in the hole and tighen it to secure the Wifi module.
4. Remove the bolt from the WiFi antenna cables.
5. Insert the connectors into the I/O shield.
6. Reattach and tighten the bolts.
7. Install your motherboard into the case.
8. Connect the 2 connectors from the WiFi antenna cables to the 2 pins located on the WiFi card.

That's about it lol? It's pretty Straightforward. :p

Rayhan
10-29-2012, 04:18 PM
8. Connect the 2 connectors from the WiFi antenna cables to the 2 pins located on the WiFi card.

i cannot find the pins in the mpcie card

Chino
10-29-2012, 04:31 PM
http://www.guru3d.com/miraserver/images/2012/max-v-extr/IMG_6641.jpg

The two golden pins that are beside the black screws.

TenBlade
10-29-2012, 04:36 PM
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1155/MAXIMUS-V_FORMULA/E7295_Maximus_V_Formula.pdf

Just enter mpcie in search field, itīll take you to the diagrams, hope it helps.

Bjorn

Rayhan
10-29-2012, 04:42 PM
I already attached and installed it. Thanks for help guys! Sorry for me being a noob. hehhe

TenBlade
10-29-2012, 07:22 PM
No worries, mate. Thatīs what this forum is here for, for noobs and wizīes, and all in between. I might get back to you when itīs my turn to fiddle with MVF, hopefully soon...

scottwise
11-22-2012, 05:37 AM
Just side note that would saved me about hour of time.

You HAVE to push down !HARD! on the connecters. I was 95% sure were to connect the antenna to, but the ends would not attach to mPCIe Combo Card. Till I came to this thread and tried one more time. And this time I really pushed down HARD on the ends and heard it snap into place.

Wished ASUS motherboard book had better picture and stated that you had to really push down hard on ends till they snaped in place.