PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8 Drivers

Replic
10-29-2012, 06:18 PM
New drivers released for windows 8 posted- ATK and Power4gear etc..

http://usa.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Powerhouse/G75VW/#download

jdotjdot7
10-29-2012, 07:07 PM
Finally!!!! Now alls I need is some Java updates and a Plantronics Surround Sound update :D

finalhour
10-29-2012, 07:16 PM
Finally! Missing Via update though...get on that ASUS!

iMario999
10-29-2012, 08:02 PM
WTF I've looked at this page this morning, Power4Gear was here but I noticed it was a "test" version. Now I got the good version LOL thanks for the notice. Windows 8 + ASUS G75VW is amazing!

jdotjdot7
10-29-2012, 08:38 PM
Now on a non-3D laptop, how do i make the ROG button change power profiles haha

Swiper
10-29-2012, 09:17 PM
Which drivers are the must-haves and which ones are the ones to skip?

jdotjdot7
10-29-2012, 09:33 PM
I'd say the must haves would be the ATK driver, and Synaptics.

finalhour
10-29-2012, 09:42 PM
Which drivers are the must-haves and which ones are the ones to skip?
Do the Power 4 Gear one too so you can max out performance

Alexraptor
10-29-2012, 10:00 PM
Ummm, I feel as I am missing a lot of options in this new Windows 8 version of power4gear, amongst other things Control over CPU Power.

Noiroi
10-30-2012, 12:29 AM
I took the time to install my SSD and decided to do a fresh install of Win8. The install went swimmingly well. Everything is working as far as I can tell minus the Asus "stuff" (keyboard keys for example). After downloading the drivers from vip.asus.com for Win8 64Bit I ran into an error, "Sorry, this program only supports ASUS notebooks!", for the following software:

1.WinFlash_Win8_64_Z2411

Also tells me that this computer doesn't support "Instant On". Interesting, yes?

Interestingly enough, there were four other pieces that gave me problems. While writing this, I went back to re-install them, but this time they installed without a hitch... which makes me wonder:
Q: What is the order that these drivers need to be installed?

WontonNoodle
10-30-2012, 12:29 AM
http://usa.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Powerhouse/G55VW/#download

Can Asus please provide drivers for the G55 as well? Specifially the Elantech touchpad among others...

JBM
10-30-2012, 01:44 AM
Does anyone else get the following message when trying to instant the Instant On. After I uninstall the old driver I get this message

Your Computer doesn't have the instant on support built in. The installation procedure is interrupted.

Thanks

Vivix7
10-30-2012, 05:41 AM
Does anyone else get the following message when trying to instant the Instant On. After I uninstall the old driver I get this message

Your Computer doesn't have the instant on support built in. The installation procedure is interrupted.

Thanks

Same issue.

Apexing
10-30-2012, 07:09 AM
I got that error even with the old win 7 drives. So no idea how to fx that.
shame that the atk drivers dont do the unscreen display when using the fnkey´s

ggBanks
10-30-2012, 07:22 AM
Aaaaaand again the G55 is left out of the game. No rivers yet :mad: WTF ASUS get your s*** together!!!

Forgottenbhs
10-30-2012, 02:28 PM
Aaaaaand again the G55 is left out of the game. No rivers yet :mad: WTF ASUS get your s*** together!!!

Agreed. It would be nice if Asus used the same better compenents that are on the G75s. I really can't understand Asus' decision to use VIA sound chips... and I never will.

Teddy1
10-30-2012, 03:05 PM
I update al my drivers for w8 and now my usb doesnt work. What should I do?

finalhour
10-30-2012, 05:21 PM
I update al my drivers for w8 and now my usb doesnt work. What should I do?

You were supposed to uninstall the INTEL USB 3.0 driver before upgrading windows. If you did a clean install it should work bc microsoft has built-in USB 3.0 support. If none of that addresses your situation reply and others can help too...

finalhour
10-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Same issue.

Were we supposed to have that feature on the G75? I dunno if I ever had it....but I tried and got the same error as you guys did

aeon1818
10-30-2012, 05:44 PM
Why is the G55 being neglected so much?
The Windows 8 64-bit section in the G55 downloads page is a complete joke.
BIOS? Manuals? How about some drivers for chipset, audio chip, wlan card, touchpad, bluetooth?
When will the drivers be up?

Replic
10-30-2012, 05:45 PM
Instant on is useless anyways...I did a clean install and so far no problems with windows 8.

Alexraptor
10-30-2012, 07:06 PM
Power4Gear Hybrid for Windows 8 feels horribly dumbed down.

Replic
10-30-2012, 08:27 PM
All drivers are out now

dstrakele
10-30-2012, 08:33 PM
The ASUS ATK Package must be installed prior to the ASUS Bloatware apps. It identifies your laptop as an ASUS system for subsequent ASUS Bloatware app installation.

Teddy1
10-30-2012, 09:00 PM
I already upgraded to windows 8 before I installed those drivers. After that when i restart the pc the usb dont work anymore even bluetooth

Teddy1
10-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Guys what are the drivers name for usb.?

finalhour
10-30-2012, 10:10 PM
I already upgraded to windows 8 before I installed those drivers. After that when i restart the pc the usb dont work anymore even bluetooth

Who are you replying to? I replied to your USB problem, read the thread

Teddy1
10-30-2012, 10:39 PM
Who are you replying to? I replied to your USB problem, read the thread
Sorry Im replying to you. What happened is I upgrade my G75 to windows 8 last Oct 26. Then now I nstalled all the drivers provided here and after instaaling all of it USB dont work, bluetooth dont work and even my camera is always disabled. What can you recommend to me to solve this issues. Im regretting that I update all my drivers

finalhour
10-30-2012, 11:34 PM
Sorry Im replying to you. What happened is I upgrade my G75 to windows 8 last Oct 26. Then now I nstalled all the drivers provided here and after instaaling all of it USB dont work, bluetooth dont work and even my camera is always disabled. What can you recommend to me to solve this issues. Im regretting that I update all my drivers

I recommended that you UNINSTALL the USB 3.0. Since you didn't before the upgrade like you were supposed to, I'm not sure if it will now fix it but that's what I recommended. Your camera shouldn't have had an issue. Your bluetooth is something that you'd see (with a search) is an issue for all those on Windows 8. They're still working on a new driver. Post a new thread explaining your problem more explicitly. Posting about your problem on a thread that's not really related won't get people helping you

WontonNoodle
10-30-2012, 11:40 PM
Wow, Asus, where are the G55 drivers? You know, people bought the G55 too right? The page is completely empty and even worse, you gave us a new BIOS that breaks the laptop. Can we get a proper BIOS and proper drivers released please? Laptop costs 1500$... you'd think there would be good support.

aeon1818
10-31-2012, 12:09 AM
Why is the G55 being neglected so much?
The Windows 8 64-bit section in the G55 downloads page is a complete joke.
BIOS? Manuals? How about some drivers for chipset, audio chip, wlan card, touchpad, bluetooth?
When will the drivers be up?

Drivers released for G75 = 76
Drivers released for G55 = 42
And most of those are not even drivers, just useless BIOS updates and WIN8 MANUALS.
Come on ASUS it's a basic thing to prepare for, I find it hard to believe after all this time not even beta drivers are available.
I have a Windows 8 ISO downloaded from the Microsoft Assistant just waiting to be installed, but I refrain to do it because even the touchpad has no drivers. :/

edwinlcw
10-31-2012, 04:16 AM
I have been using the driver for Windows 8 from G46VW on my G55VW.. so far everything is working as it is.. no issue.. maybe you guys should give it a try...

finalhour
10-31-2012, 04:38 AM
Drivers released for G75 = 76
Drivers released for G55 = 42
And most of those are not even drivers, just useless BIOS updates and WIN8 MANUALS.
Come on ASUS it's a basic thing to prepare for, I find it hard to believe after all this time not even beta drivers are available.
I have a Windows 8 ISO downloaded from the Microsoft Assistant just waiting to be installed, but I refrain to do it because even the touchpad has no drivers. :/

Isn't the G55 older than the G75? If not than nevermind, but I mean it'd be silly for me to gripe about an old ASUS computer not having Win8 support right away...their focus is on their most current product line, as it should be.

aeon1818
10-31-2012, 06:21 AM
Isn't the G55 older than the G75? If not than nevermind, but I mean it'd be silly for me to gripe about an old ASUS computer not having Win8 support right away...their focus is on their most current product line, as it should be.

I was always under the impression they both represent the same line just sporting a different size. Look at the name of this forum. The G55 is essentially the G75's little sibling. :/
The specs are not even that different.
And I'm sorry, when I see a friend of mine using an ASUS laptop which is way older and weaker than my G55, yet he has Windows 8 drivers ready for his laptop, it's just embarrassing (don't have the model, but it's a laptop with Sandy Bridge i7 and a GeForce 610M...).
This is supposed to be a premium product of ASUS, as they call it-- "The Ultimate Fighting Machine".
Yeah, right now... not really.

iBoody
10-31-2012, 12:57 PM
yo.. folks, finally Asus guys made their moves towards G55....drivers're published! :)

I was always under the impression they both represent the same line just sporting a different size. Look at the name of this forum. The G55 is essentially the G75's little sibling. :/
The specs are not even that different.
And I'm sorry, when I see a friend of mine using an ASUS laptop which is way older and weaker than my G55, yet he has Windows 8 drivers ready for his laptop, it's just embarrassing (don't have the model, but it's a laptop with Sandy Bridge i7 and a GeForce 610M...).
This is supposed to be a premium product of ASUS, as they call it-- "The Ultimate Fighting Machine".
Yeah, right now... not really.

GottiBoi55
10-31-2012, 01:24 PM

Thanks

Yes, but i reinstalled the old one and it seems to be working fine for now.

PS: If you use MSN.COM as your home page, but don't care the new W8 version.
Go to bottom of the page and click on "classic MSN", then click on "make MSN my home page"

Max777
12-21-2012, 12:23 PM

Thanks

Solution that worked for me:

I upgraded the G75 BIOS to version 222, and then could proceed to the installation of the Asus “Instant On” without the dreaded message “Your Computer doesn't have the instant on support built in. The installation procedure is interrupted.”

Like you, I installed Windows 8 over Windows 7 (clean install) and experienced that the Asus “Instant On” didn't work anymore (I couldn't install it and the Microsoft Windows 8 sleep mode is a joke).

The Windows 8 sleep mode doesn't work for me either, as it drains the battery in only a few hours. This is a real shame for Microsoft.

Microsoft should finally fix this sleep mode misbehavior, it should work out of the box. Apple has this feature since years on their devices, but it looks like Microsoft still lags way behind Apple, however we are in 2012. Wake up, Microsoft!

I first had to install the “Windows BIOS Flash Utility WinFlash_Win8_64_Z2411.zip”, which creates a WinFlash tile on the Windows 8 start screen.
I then launched this WinFlash program to install the file contained into “G75VWAS222.zip”. This took a few minutes to complete.
My previous BIOS version was 207.

After the BIOS update, the Windows 8 boot time was even faster than before, which was already very fast. Now the G75 boots in around 10 seconds (time between “button press” and “login screen”).

The installation of the Asus “Instant On” plugin also worked. I now have to experience a bit with it, to check whether I get 25+ days of sleep time without emptying the battery, like I used to have with my Windows 7.

In any case I recommend you upgrade your BIOS if you have version 207 (or less than version 222).

Pitcher@asus
12-25-2012, 03:22 AM
when upgrade to BIOS 222 and install drivers and utility for Win 8 by ASUS support site, any problem now?