PDA

View Full Version : G73JH-BST7 Black screen after windows login

schwart_kat
05-27-2011, 02:40 PM
Hi guys, i have been reading this forum since I bought my G73 (bestbuy model) back in february and I have been having this problem ocasionaly:

After I put my password to login, one of this 2 things happens:

A) It seems like is going to login but I get a black screen, although I can see the mouse pointer and I can move it but nothing else happens, I just get a black screen.

B) A messege pops saying something like in the picture.

http://img862.imageshack.us/i/20110527082853.jpg/

After I press OK, I get in to what it seems to be a windows 95 desktop, I can see programs on the start menu but I dont see any shortcut in the desktop.

In both scenarios I have to push the power button and hope next time it will boot correctly.

Since I got this laptop this happend to me like 3 or 4 times randomly ( Today it happened first B then A :( ) and I rather fix this now that I still have 1 year warranty with bestbuy (in case some parts need to be change).

Any help would be apreciated.

xeromist
05-27-2011, 02:57 PM
I can't view pictures on imageshack but it sounds like you are booting into Safe Mode. This is normal after an abnormal termination of Windows. You should be able to select your normal Windows configuration during the boot process though. It will post a message saying that Windows had a problem and offer a list of choices with a countdown and Safe Mode selected as default. Choosing normal should avoid this.

Probably all of the above is caused by whatever is causing your black screen lockups. Have you checked Chastity's driver thread (sticky in this forum) to make sure that you have the latest drivers?