PDA

View Full Version : Asus G53JW-A1 laptop key "B" failing!!

HardTrance9
10-31-2012, 01:08 AM
Hi,

I have tried finding around, but not lucky, how to fix a problem I just started to have with my laptop key "B" (keyboard? keypad?).

The "B" key is failing and I have to press firmly to make the letter "B" appear on screen on what ever I am typing.

How do you fix this?

I removed the key, checked on the retainer clip/hinge and checked on the rubber cup.

The clip and the key seem to e ok.

But, when I press the rubber just to type "BBBBBBBB", I have to also press a little hard (but less hard than when the key is installed) otherwise won't type anything. If I press "upwards" with an angle (from the touch pad to the screen) it works good. From the screen down, it doesn't type at all.

How do you fix this?? Please help??

I hope I don't have to replace the whole keyboard only to fix this issue.

Thanks much in advance for any hints. By the way, had the G53JW-A1 since Jan 2011 and I am impressed
with the performance so far. No troubles at all and works great for gaming and work!

Hector

HardTrance9
11-01-2012, 03:25 PM
As an alternative, does anyone can recommend where can I buy a replacement keyboard for my G53JW-A1 ?

Pitcher@asus
11-05-2012, 07:07 AM
Please Cleaning the Keyboard first, if can not fix it, ASUS have not change Keyboard by user, i suggest you sent the unit back to RC to repair, please visit http://www.service.asus.com/#!home/mainPage to find your loactate RC.

HardTrance9
11-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Please Cleaning the Keyboard first, if can not fix it, ASUS have not change Keyboard by user, i suggest you sent the unit back to RC to repair, please visit http://www.service.asus.com/#!home/mainPage to find your loactate RC.

Thanks, unfortunately that is not an option as I live in Mexico.

I have almost solved the problem by removing a silicione cup from an old keyboard and removing and replacing my non functional silicione/rubber cup. Works really good for now.

Thanks,