PDA

View Full Version : [G74SX] Improving audio

sennevdb
10-31-2012, 12:48 PM
Hi there fellas,

I just installed Windows 8 without any issues apart from one: the audio. I know there is a thread on here that had a solution to the dreadful standard audio, but I can't seem to find it again. I have THX TruStudio and tried the "external speakers" setting, but it's still not the solution I used when I had Windows 7. The audio sounds way cheaper.

Does anyone know a way of tuning the audio to your own liking/improving it, or find any thread on it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Senne

Matt Horvath
10-31-2012, 01:55 PM
Be careful with what you do tho, I messed around so much with my audio that I screwed it up and now I cannot have THX to work again, and there is a new SRS tab which doesn't work either... and I simply cannot revert this.

dstrakele
10-31-2012, 04:25 PM
I would probably abandon Creative THX TruStudio, uninstall it completely, and use the graphic equalizer available in Realtek HD Audio Manager.

sennevdb
10-31-2012, 05:04 PM
Which version of Realtek HD Audio Manager do I need to get the equalizer settings? I checked out the Manager with and without TruStudio installed, but an equalizer is nowhere to be found.

dstrakele
10-31-2012, 05:34 PM
If you actually uninstalled Creative THX TruStudio, I think you just missed it in the version you're running. In the "Speakers" section, select the "Sound Effects" tab, and you'll see a button on the right side of the "Equalizer" section that displays "Change to Graphic EQ" when you mouse over it. Click it and set up the equalizer as in the image to approximate the equalizer settings of Creative THX TruStudio.

NOTE: The image is from Realtek version R2.69 running on Windows 7. You'll want to be running Realtek version R2.70 on Windows 8. I suspect the layout may be similar.