PDA

View Full Version : G75VW Windows 8 Audio Drivers for subwoofer

krazun
11-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Hello,

it is really nice that the windows 8 drivers for the G75VW are out now. Everything except the subwoofer is working now.

is a windows 8 version of the audio drivers in development ? and is there any timeframe in which we can expect them?

many thanks,
krazun

finalhour
11-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Hey Krazun,

This has been a question asked a lot on here, and from another thread, Marshall@ASUS (one of the many awesome folks from ASUS that reads these forums) said that it's still in development. I know they'll get it out as soon as it's ready (hopefully it won't be as bad as other VIA drivers have been!)

Hope this helps!

-Nate

krazun
11-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Thank you very much ! Yes it helps a lot. If the audio drivers for windows 8 in development everything is fine, i can wait ;)

-krazun

tkolarik
11-02-2012, 03:45 AM
They haven't gotten them right yet and i bought my computer in July! Like my Asus TF 101 I bought 9 months ago, they stopped supporting it with software upgrades now that the other models have come out. As soon as the new VX is out, our support will wind down also.

Pitcher@asus
11-05-2012, 06:15 AM
Please uninstall Audio driver than use windows update to install again.

ViktorRu
11-05-2012, 11:19 AM
When VIA is going to produce new drivers with bug fixes for windows 8? A lot of time passed from windows 8 official lunch but no drivers yet (( I am checking every day but nothing ((((

finalhour
11-05-2012, 09:38 PM
We deserve an update on this ASUS...seriously...when are the drivers coming? This is ridiculous.

Tannequy
11-06-2012, 08:58 AM
Hello,

it is really nice that the windows 8 drivers for the G75VW are out now. Everything except the subwoofer is working now.

is a windows 8 version of the audio drivers in development ? and is there any timeframe in which we can expect them?

many thanks,
krazun

You can try using the windows 7 audio driver from the asus website (that's what I'm doing at the moment). Been using it for a week and haven't had a problem so far (subwoofer is working as it should).

Please uninstall Audio driver than use windows update to install again.

The subwoofer doesn't work when using the microsoft drivers (at least for me).

finalhour
11-06-2012, 03:40 PM
You can try using the windows 7 audio driver from the asus website (that's what I'm doing at the moment). Been using it for a week and haven't had a problem so far (subwoofer is working as it should).

The subwoofer doesn't work when using the microsoft drivers (at least for me).

Just to clarify, you're saying that if I uninstall the VIA driver I have now, restart, and then put the Windows 7 driver from ASUS back on it fixes it? (I have windows 8) Does the asus Via driver for 7 have issues with the headphone jack + subwoofer or is it the one that fixed that bug?

Tannequy
11-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Just to clarify, you're saying that if I uninstall the VIA driver I have now, restart, and then put the Windows 7 driver from ASUS back on it fixes it? (I have windows 8) Does the asus Via driver for 7 have issues with the headphone jack + subwoofer or is it the one that fixed that bug?

Yup, I did a fresh install of windows 8 and the subwoofer wasn't working. So I just installed the latest drivers from the asus website and problem solved. I can even tell you the driver version later if you want (I don't have my laptop with me at the moment to verify).
Don't know about any issues with the headphone jack (I'll check it out later when I get home).

finalhour
11-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Yup, I did a fresh install of windows 8 and the subwoofer wasn't working. So I just installed the latest drivers from the asus website and problem solved. I can even tell you the driver version later if you want (I don't have my laptop with me at the moment to verify).
Don't know about any issues with the headphone jack (I'll check it out later when I get home).

Awesome! Let me know when you can check! I'd really appreciate the info! :-)

blkpanther
11-06-2012, 04:44 PM
I've tried installing the current Win 7 x64 drivers on my G75VW-BBK5 with Windows 8 x64, and the drivers fail to install reporting an error: "We can't find HD audio device". Any thoughts?

Tannequy
11-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Awesome! Let me know when you can check! I'd really appreciate the info! :-)

Ok, I'm using the windows 7 drivers I got from the asus support site (http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G75VW&p=3&s=388), version V6.0.01.10600.

http://i.imgur.com/NEnYt.png

After installing the drivers just make sure you have the 2.1 channels enabled in the options.
I can also confirm that I don't have any issues with the headphone jack (I just tested it and it's working as it should).

Tannequy
11-06-2012, 04:57 PM
I've tried installing the current Win 7 x64 drivers on my G75VW-BBK5 with Windows 8 x64, and the drivers fail to install reporting an error: "We can't find HD audio device". Any thoughts?

Are you getting any sound at all at the moment?

ViktorRu
11-07-2012, 04:13 PM
When using windows drivers - there is sound, but subwoofer and microphone (for me) doesn't work .

Tannequy
11-07-2012, 04:34 PM
When using windows drivers - there is sound, but subwoofer and microphone (for me) doesn't work .

I had the same thing when I first installed windows 8. I was using the windows drivers and the subwoofer wasn't working (don't know about the microphone though). Try installing the windows 7 audio drivers from the asus support site and let me know how that works out for you (I have been using them with no issues so far + the microphone is working).

ViktorRu
11-07-2012, 04:48 PM
I installed Win 7 drivers and they installed several times but:
1) there was need to reinstall windows 8 several times
2) subwoofer gave a lot of noise

after second windows reinstall win 7 drivers started to say:"cannot find any hd device". Don't know how is it possible but it is so.

finalhour
11-07-2012, 04:54 PM
This brings me back to the problem i was having before, subwoofer now works, but doesn't SCALE with other speakers when adjusting volume, meaning i have to open the Via HD Deck EVERY Time I want to adjust volume. This happened to me before in Win 7 and I'd hoped that ASUS would have a driver that fixed this...still waiting now on Win 8. At least the Sub works now I guess with 10600, but I really am not happy with their slow response to this...

Tannequy
11-07-2012, 05:05 PM
I installed Win 7 drivers and they installed several times but:
1) there was need to reinstall windows 8 several times
2) subwoofer gave a lot of noise

after second windows reinstall win 7 drivers started to say:"cannot find any hd device". Don't know how is it possible but it is so.

I think you need to have the windows drivers installed BEFORE trying the asus ones (I'm not 100% sure though). Go into device manager and check if the audio device is installed or not. If it's not, right-click on the device and try "update driver software..." (this should download the windows drivers). After the device is installed, try installing the asus drivers again.

Tannequy
11-07-2012, 05:26 PM
This brings me back to the problem i was having before, subwoofer now works, but doesn't SCALE with other speakers when adjusting volume, meaning i have to open the Via HD Deck EVERY Time I want to adjust volume. This happened to me before in Win 7 and I'd hoped that ASUS would have a driver that fixed this...still waiting now on Win 8. At least the Sub works now I guess with 10600, but I really am not happy with their slow response to this...

Unless I misunderstood, are you talking about the bass level not scaling? Cause I don't think it's supposed to. The bass level should be independent of the overall volume (they're usually set according to one's preferences and adjusted accordingly once in a while when needed).

finalhour
11-07-2012, 06:14 PM
Unless I misunderstood, are you talking about the bass level not scaling? Cause I don't think it's supposed to. The bass level should be independent of the overall volume (they're usually set according to one's preferences and adjusted accordingly once in a while when needed).

I had it scaling at one point....then tried a lovely new VIA driver a user on here posted about...messed up everything, and I've been unable to get it scaling since then

krazun
11-08-2012, 03:04 PM
push!

audio drivers still needed to make the subwoofer work.

can´t feel the vibrations in my cojones without!

blkpanther
11-08-2012, 03:19 PM
I do get sound from my laptop at the moment, but the system is using Microsoft Supplied drivers. I've attempted other solutions found on the forums, including a driver purported to work from the G75VX, to no avail. I'm still getting the "We can't find HD audio defice" error when trying to install the drviers that work for you. Have you upgraded your BIOS? Do you have a G75VW-BBK5?

I had the same thing when I first installed windows 8. I was using the windows drivers and the subwoofer wasn't working (don't know about the microphone though). Try installing the windows 7 audio drivers from the asus support site and let me know how that works out for you (I have been using them with no issues so far + the microphone is working).

blkpanther
11-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Ok, so I have my subwoofer working now! It's working with the v10500d Win 7 x64 drivers straight from the ASUS website. These are the same exact drivers I stuck with for Windows 7, simply for the fact that newer drivers DO NOT ****ING WORK CORRECTLY. These drivers actually preserve the subwoofer/LFE volume in proportion to the main volume (this way you don't have to manually adjust your sub volume constantly). ASUS shouldn't provide us with such shoddy drivers, but that's a matter for another thread.

To get the Win 7 x64 drivers working on Win 8 Enterprise x64, I simply updated my BIOS, and directly after I did that, the driver installation program ran without a hitch. Everything installed, and works just as it did in Win 7. I hope this helps others!

Oh, one more note: upgrading your BIOS *can* potentially be dangerous. Don't shut off your computer when upgrading your BIOS. Make sure you have at least a little charge to your battery before you start, just in case. As always, I'm not responsible if you brick your laptop. :)

finalhour
11-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Ok, so I have my subwoofer working now! It's working with the v10500d Win 7 x64 drivers straight from the ASUS website. These are the same exact drivers I stuck with for Windows 7, simply for the fact that newer drivers DO NOT ****ING WORK CORRECTLY. These drivers actually preserve the subwoofer/LFE volume in proportion to the main volume (this way you don't have to manually adjust your sub volume constantly). ASUS shouldn't provide us with such shoddy drivers, but that's a matter for another thread.

To get the Win 7 x64 drivers working on Win 8 Enterprise x64, I simply updated my BIOS, and directly after I did that, the driver installation program ran without a hitch. Everything installed, and works just as it did in Win 7. I hope this helps others!

Oh, one more note: upgrading your BIOS *can* potentially be dangerous. Don't shut off your computer when upgrading your BIOS. Make sure you have at least a little charge to your battery before you start, just in case. As always, I'm not responsible if you brick your laptop. :)

Which version? I did 10900 from ASUS win 7 version and they dont preserve scaling of sub with volume.

blkpanther
11-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Version 10500d

Which version? I did 10900 from ASUS win 7 version and they dont preserve scaling of sub with volume.

finalhour
11-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Linnnnnnnnnnnnnnk me!

finalhour
11-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Version 10500d

wait doesn't that one have the headphone issue!?

djmaro21
11-08-2012, 06:14 PM
I`m trying to install many drivers and still the same: "We can't find HD audio device". Now I have Windows 8 driver - I have sound but without SUB. Any new ideas?

blkpanther
11-09-2012, 04:30 PM
I'm not totally sure, I can check, but I use Bluetooth headphones 99.9% of the time. I definitely don't have the issue with my BH200's.

blkpanther
11-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Did you try to update your BIOS to 221?

I`m trying to install many drivers and still the same: "We can't find HD audio device". Now I have Windows 8 driver - I have sound but without SUB. Any new ideas?

djmaro21
11-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Did you try to update your BIOS to 221?

Yes, of course. I have 221.
Also, downloaded many version VIA drivers, include 10.800a.

The ASUS have a problem with this. I think there must be a reason why ASUS don`t released so far audio drivers for G75VW WIN8 64bit version.

krazun
11-12-2012, 07:58 AM
still waiting for working audio drivers for windows 8.

Where is the problem ASUS? Is there any date when we can find the audio drivers on http://www.asus.de/Notebooks/Gaming_Powerhouse/G75VW/#download ?

greets,
krazun

ViktorRu
11-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Also interesting) I can't even to speak by voice with my laptop (((

finalhour
11-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Also interesting) I can't even to speak by voice with my laptop (((

I'd suggest reinstalling the drivers or reinstalling windows or RMA-ing. I have windows 8 and used the win 7 drivers, heck even before i put any VIA drivers on it, my mic worked fine. It still works fine. Something else is wrong with your computer

krazun
11-13-2012, 01:17 PM
push!

Windows 8 audio drivers still not available ;(

LendLord
11-13-2012, 04:26 PM
try this http://nbtsd.asustreiber.de/Audio/VIA/v6.0.10.1200.zip

ViktorRu
11-13-2012, 07:36 PM
Or read my comment ) http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?24596-Windows-8-gt-Subwoofer-doesn-t-work&p=183610&viewfull=1#post183610

djmaro21
11-17-2012, 02:16 PM
Or read my comment ) http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?24596-Windows-8-gt-Subwoofer-doesn-t-work&p=183610&viewfull=1#post183610

First of all:
1) This driver don`t want to install in normal way - still I have "Can`t find HD audio"
2) I downloaded this driver, unrar, and install only driver manually from the folder

Abnormal behavior:
1) Yes, subwoofer is working but without any control. Volume up and down working for 2 speakers - not for sub
2) When I plug the headphones, I hear only subwoofer and sound in headphones - excellent.
3) I try to run "HD Vdeck" and when I set volume down (-100%) on right channel I hear left speaker and sub. When I set this setting for the right channel I don`t hear nothing.

Generally - "perfect driver", yes but of course sub is working:)
ASUS sell a G75VW with preinstalled windows 8 - I`m asking, witch driver they use for this?!

ViktorRu
11-18-2012, 08:38 AM
As for me, I have just bought external audio and have no problems for now. It's really strange that ROG laptop is equipped with VIA internal sound and no drivers for it ((( How I may get pleasure from gaming if I have crappy sound?

Don't know what drivers they use in win8 version, but may be that laptops go with realtek sound that already has win8 drivers

Techinstein
11-18-2012, 03:37 PM
Hello I figured out the problem click the link to go to my thread hope I helped. :D http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?25428-I-solved-the-ASUS-G75VW-Windows-8-subwoofer-problem!&country=&status=
Hello,

many thanks,
krazun

dalle2804
11-20-2012, 04:18 PM
Really hopeing that the driver will be released soon! All these half-fixes can't be used for anything!

dalle2804
11-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Hello I figured out the problem click the link to go to my thread hope I helped. :D http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?25428-I-solved-the-ASUS-G75VW-Windows-8-subwoofer-problem!&country=&status=

Its not a fix. Its a "maybe-working" fix, and not complete solution.

dalle2804
11-20-2012, 04:20 PM

Its not a fix. Its a "maybe-working" fix, and not a complete solution.

- Double post, sorry.

finalhour
11-20-2012, 06:19 PM

Except you really didn't. As I and others have pointed out. This driver doesnt scale the bass it's still not a fix....stop acting like you have found some solution, ASUS still owes us a driver fix

kevz155
11-23-2012, 03:28 AM
Thought I provide some input.

I recently purchased a Windows 8 Preconfigured G75VW-AH71 which came with a disk containing drivers for Windows 8 64-bit. When it came, everything was running/speakers etc. all the bloatware. However, I wanted to install an SSD in and with no recovery disk option available, I had to perform a clean install from a downloaded Windows 8 MSDN.

Using the driver disk to install drivers, I ran into issues as soon as it got to the audio setup. The driver disk prompts installation which opens up a command prompt initializing the setup.exe within VIA drivers with "/setup.exe -s -fs"(not sure what they are) but in the end, it just shows up as failed to install. Manually loading the drivers within Device Manager loads up Version V6.0.01.10600 which can be seen from the device manager. Vdeck and the other speaker configuration only showed LR 2-channel speaker so the subwoofer wasn't picked up.

This raises the question, how did ASUS successfully install it in the first place? Perhaps VIA driver installation is conflicting with another Windows 8 service preventing it from installing correctly. I did notice UAC to be a problem in the beginning when trying to load the same drivers from ASUS's install utility from disk but after turning UAC off, the results are the same.

What I could do now is to re-install and start Windows 8 clean again and try to load the audio driver from ASUS's install disk utility prior to the installation of other drivers. Also, not have the system connected to my Wi-Fi so it won't pull the drivers from Microsoft..

kevz155
11-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Update: Here's what I did to make sure drivers install correctly V6.0.01.10600(came with ASUS Win8 64-bit driver disk)

1. Re-installed Windows 8(clean).
2. This time I made sure to not connect to Wifi during initial setup (prevent Auto driver update just in case)
3. Disable UAC
4. Load driver disk.
5. Only install Audio drivers from disk using the Asus autorun installation software.
6. Driver installation "Done". Reboot. Voila, Subwoofer works and Vdeck shows 2.1 speakers and all working well!!!
7. Proceed with other driver installation from driver disk.

djmaro21
11-23-2012, 05:55 PM
KEVZ155: Thanks for advice. But do You have any idea what to do if someone have WIndows 7 upgaraded to Windows 8?
I don`t want to format HDD only for proper installation of audio drivers. Yes, I screwed up with one thing - installing WIndows 8!:)

povetkin
11-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Via Hd Audio Driver (6.0.10.1200) 22/10/12 (http://nbtsd.asustreiber.de/Audio/VIA/v6.0.10.1200.zip)

djmaro21
11-23-2012, 09:37 PM
Via Hd Audio Driver (6.0.10.1200) 22/10/12 (http://nbtsd.asustreiber.de/Audio/VIA/v6.0.10.1200.zip)

Yes yes, not working. Don`t recognize the subwoofer when You connect headphones - headpones is playing and subwoofer too:)
Or try to change in Vdeck, in expert mode, headphone to default device and tell us what You hear from Your...Subwoofer:)

kevz155
11-26-2012, 03:27 AM
Unfortunately, Windows 8 Drivers are still buggy and I think this has to do with compatibility with drivers conflicting each other and how they are installing in Windows 8. I am not sure how upgraded Windows 8 differs from a clean install other than they just copy your User files and settings over.

If you can get Windows 8 to a driver-less state, I think you have a chance of installing VIA driver 10600 without fail. I wasn't able to isolate what drivers were causing the issues since I made sure to install the VIA Audio drivers first before anything else. So far all my attempts to manually install the drivers all failed.

timechg
12-02-2012, 07:58 PM
I stumbled across this method when I was trying to connect my arduino with Windows 8 and kept on getting an error for "Missing driver signature". I was getting sick of the guy putting mis-information on the forum and was waiting for an actual complete solution. I was maybe a minute away from getting rid of Windows 8 and going back to Windows 7 just to get my audio working properly. Here is how to do it, either write it down, take notes, or take a picture:

1. Windows Key + R
2. Type the following command in -> shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
3. Click the "OK" button
4. System will restart to a "Choose an option" screen
5. Select "Troubleshoot" from "Choose an option" screen
6. Select "Advanced options" from "Troubleshoot" screen
7. Select "Windows Startup Settings" from "Advanced options" screen
8. Click "Restart" button
9. System will restart to "Advanced Boot Options" screen
10. Select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" (F7)

Once you restart into Windows 8, you can install the latest Windows 7 Drivers for this.
I attached a screenshot, notice there is full control of the subwoofer and playback is excellent.

Please verify that it is working, and your welcome :)

povetkin
12-19-2012, 08:30 PM
6.0.10.1200a (http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/v10_1200a.zip)

finalhour
12-20-2012, 02:07 AM
6.0.10.1200a (http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/v10_1200a.zip)

I would advise against downloading thus, unless you, Povetkin, and others, can verify that it works.

timechg
12-20-2012, 05:23 AM
Try the method that I prescribed. Very easy and it works, and has been working. You don't have to go through the entire mess of having others reinstall their OS's. This works, and I wish other people would just try it out and add to the verification that there is a complete solution out there.

povetkin
12-20-2012, 11:07 AM
I would advise against downloading thus, unless you, Povetkin, and others, can verify that it works.
Perfectly work on windows 8.

ansa256
04-30-2013, 04:02 AM
Hi! I did a fresh install of Windows 8 a couple of days ago but couldn't get the bass ("bass"?) working even following your recommendation (thanks, by the way). Did I miss something? I'm attaching a screenshot. The bass doesn't make any sound when clicked. 20238

I stumbled across this method when I was trying to connect my arduino with Windows 8 and kept on getting an error for "Missing driver signature". I was getting sick of the guy putting mis-information on the forum and was waiting for an actual complete solution. I was maybe a minute away from getting rid of Windows 8 and going back to Windows 7 just to get my audio working properly. Here is how to do it, either write it down, take notes, or take a picture:

1. Windows Key + R
2. Type the following command in -> shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
3. Click the "OK" button
4. System will restart to a "Choose an option" screen
5. Select "Troubleshoot" from "Choose an option" screen
6. Select "Advanced options" from "Troubleshoot" screen
7. Select "Windows Startup Settings" from "Advanced options" screen
8. Click "Restart" button
9. System will restart to "Advanced Boot Options" screen
10. Select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" (F7)

Once you restart into Windows 8, you can install the latest Windows 7 Drivers for this.
I attached a screenshot, notice there is full control of the subwoofer and playback is excellent.

Please verify that it is working, and your welcome :)

timechg
05-29-2013, 09:41 PM
Hi! I did a fresh install of Windows 8 a couple of days ago but couldn't get the bass ("bass"?) working even following your recommendation (thanks, by the way). Did I miss something? I'm attaching a screenshot. The bass doesn't make any sound when clicked. 20238

That's Interesting, here is a screenshot of my settings. Maybe you are using the WIndows 8 drivers exclusively? I downloaded the Windows 7 Drivers and installed it using the method that I prescribed:

animator776
07-21-2013, 08:12 PM
For anyone having problems installing drivers, here's my own method that worked for me:
(Before starting, make sure to download the latest windows 7 via audio drivers from asus support, even if you are on windows 8, and extract the zip to a new folder wherever you want)

1.) Go to "Device Manager"
2.) Uninstall any current audio drivers that you currently have under "Sound, video and game controllers"
3.) Right click anywhere and choose "Scan for hardware changes"
4.) Once it finds that the audio drivers are missing it will automatically install some audio drivers
5.) Go back to "Sound, video and game controllers"
6.) Right click on the driver it automatically installed (VIA or NVIDIA)
7.) Select "Update Driver Software"
8.) And select "Browse my computer for driver software"
9.) Select browse and find the folder you extracted to and select that
10.) Tick the "Include subfolders" box and click next
11.) When it finishes restart your laptop
12.) Find the folder you extracted the drivers to and run the setup inside of it
13.) Go through all the steps and wait for the setup to finish
14.) Restart your laptop

Now when you go to playback devices from the taskbar you are able to use the 5.1 channel surround and subwoofer, and via hd audio deck will be properly installed and working

Hope this helps! ;)

Platinum
12-28-2013, 10:15 PM
So i decided to do the Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 update, and then after i had done it, i had the "scaling" issue where the volume control only controlled the two tweeters, and the woofer had a slider of its own and they didn't adjust at the same time like before.

I also had difficulties trying to install and had the "did not find any HD Audio device" message thing happen too.

Then i finally found this topic and tried this:

For anyone having problems installing drivers, here's my own method that worked for me:
(Before starting, make sure to download the latest windows 7 via audio drivers from asus support, even if you are on windows 8, and extract the zip to a new folder wherever you want)

2.) Uninstall any current audio drivers that you currently have under "Sound, video and game controllers"
4.) Once it finds that the audio drivers are missing it will automatically install some audio drivers
12.) Find the folder you extracted the drivers to and run the setup inside of it
14.) Restart your laptop

Now when you go to playback devices from the taskbar you are able to use the 5.1 channel surround and subwoofer, and via hd audio deck will be properly installed and working

Hope this helps! ;)

...and it worked.

So for anyone looking for a solution, this is it.

PS: for steps 12, 13, and 14, the installer hung at 0% for a while, but i waited and it finally went to 100% instantly. It also prompted for a restart at the end of the setup, so i just used that prompt to restart.

Thank you animator776 for the solution!

tkolarik
01-11-2014, 06:54 AM
It's unfortunate that the consumer has to create their own solution for this piece of crap audio system and drivers they put in this laptop!!! I for one will never assume that Asus will fix anything after it is out on retail sale. If it doesn't work perfect, their reputation shows they will not support the consumer. They seriously screwed up my TF101 on an update but no further updates and no rollbacks.

Baddy
03-10-2014, 08:43 AM
Any news with new drivers? Or I have to install Win7 drivers?

Clintlgm
03-10-2014, 10:42 PM
http://support.asus.com/ServiceHome.aspx?SLanguage=en

Firestorm 420
01-21-2015, 09:37 PM

14.) Restart your laptop

Hope this helps! ;)

Absolutely does work!!! Ty amimator for sharing, and Platinum for verifying. Scaling works great. Only downside is that subwoofer is now full range and any EQ settings effect all speakers, a very small price to pay after all the frustrating times of adjusting seperate volumes. Still is a drag that Asus never did really fix this, and we could use the subwoofer only for it's intended frequencies. Been an Asus fan for years in both laptops and motherboards for my gaming pc builds. This mess was disturbing in such a "quality" laptop. 1st time I have been let down by the company.

Snapple44
10-25-2015, 07:51 PM

14.) Restart your laptop

Hope this helps! ;)

SO, what worked for ME, was after steps 1-5, instead of doing the UPDATE, just DISABLE the NVidia drivers.
To clarify, after scanning for hardware changes, 4 NVidia Audio controllers are shown along with the VIA High Definition.

Just DISABLE the 4 NVidia controllers. It's NVidia trying to figure out how to push sound to 4/5 speakers and failing at it.
Once you disable those four,
1. Go to the audio icon in the task bar,
2. RIGHT CLICK >> Playback Devices
3. RIGHT CLICK >> Speakers (VIA High Definition) >> Configure
4. Configure and test the 5.1 surround!

Every now and then it seems like NVidia takes over and screws things up. Just disable them.

EDIT: As others have mentioned, once you get the subwoofer working, it doesn't sound phenomenal, but far better than ever before. The sub does not have separate volume control, so the overall volume has to be loud to feel some kick. To make it slightly better...

1. Go to the audio icon in the task bar,
2. LEFT CLICK >> Click Speaker Graphic
3. Go to ENHANCEMENTS
4. Enable Equalizer, tweak Equalizer

HERES THE PROBLEM - Accessing enhancements always puts on 2.1 channel for some dumb reason, so then you need to go back and do the 1-4 steps I have above to configure 5.1.

ALTERNATIVE ENHANCEMENT....
1. Keep 2.1 channel enabled after the earlier steps, with equalizer Disabled
2. Go to MORE settings under 2.1 channel and
3. Adjust BASS from the low setting it defaults to up to ~80.

It looks like having Equalizer + 2.1 channel enabled at the same time screws things up, and since 2.1 channel always automatically gets toggled, best to keep it at 2.1 it seems...