PDA

View Full Version : phoebus with razer tiamat7.1 settings

RLarsen
11-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Hello everyone

Was just wondering what the optimal settings with my soundcard would be with these headphones (sampling rate and so on)

Glasofruix
11-01-2012, 10:55 PM
It's pointless to go beyond 48Khz/24 or 16Bit (Subjectively speaking, I like 24Bits) as the Tiamat headset nor your sources (games) are capable of higher output. On my Roccat Kave i use flexbass at 80Hz cut off frequency with everything else set to "small speakers without bass" to redirect the basses to the "subwoofer" in my cans, because it vibrates and i like it. Bass boost is set to 4 dB, more than 4.5 dB and the sound gets all messed up, play with the settings a bit to find your sweet spot. I'm currently testing the dolby digital thingy in music mode with everything disabled, as it seems to sound les cave-y in stereo mode on my roccat (surround max sucks btw), i dunno if Tiamat's built-in "stereo mode" sounds better, i suggest you try.

RLarsen
11-02-2012, 03:47 PM
i tried with 48khz and i felt the sound in battlefield sounded very "hollow" wasnt enough bass to it or something.

right now im going 96/24 which i feel sounds a bit better - i want to try 192/24 but the drivers are **** and half my programs wont play any sound i f i try that

and for games i feel the 7.1 option is better (i do switch to 2.1 when i listen to music though)

Glasofruix
11-02-2012, 03:56 PM
That's just a resampling by the card, most of the sources are either in 44.1 or 48kHz so normally you shouldn't even hear any difference and in worst case scenario it can add some unwanted parasites to the sound. Have you tried flexbass? When i had my x-fi forte most of the games refused to launch if i set the sample rate too high, it's not because of the drivers.

WTC
11-03-2012, 09:43 AM
If you have any of the effects turned on, including Dolby, there's no reason to set output sample rate higher than 44.1/48K, since the driver will down-sample the audio stream to 44.1 or 48K, apply the effect process, and re-sample back to the output device sample rate. So unless you know for certain that your sound source is 96 or 88.2 or 192K and you're not turning on any effect, setting output sample rate to those will not give you any benefit on audio quality, you'll only get uselsess CPU consumption.