PDA

View Full Version : GPU Tweak update for MATRIX HD 7970 owners

_
11-02-2012, 07:36 AM
Just FYI for MATRIX owners - they are working on on the issues listed in the forums recently. Version 2.2.9.5 will be made available shortly.

Also being investigated are problems claimed with HD 6870 DC and GTX 690. Will update as I get updates.

Towel
11-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Just FYI for MATRIX owners - they are working on on the issues listed in the forums recently. Version 2.2.9.5 will be made available shortly.

Also being investigated are problems claimed with HD 6870 DC and GTX 690. Will update as I get updates.
Could you use this for the 7970 DC2T?

oldbrave
11-02-2012, 04:28 PM
I suppose they are going to put this out for the Matrix and leave us DC2T owners out in the cold ! :(

Towel
11-02-2012, 08:06 PM
I suppose they are going to put this out for the Matrix and leave us DC2T owners out in the cold ! :(

Who knows, maybe somebody would release a BIOS update or something so you can overclock higher... If not, I'm buying a Matrix.

oldbrave
11-03-2012, 04:47 AM
Na, they wouldn't do that! I would make too much sense and would be too easy to do.
It would take a tech at least 10 maybe 15 minutes with a bios editing app to uncap the existing bios to allow for 1300Mhz core speeds and maybe 1700Mhz memory speeds and 0.25v increase in both core and memory voltages. The really bad part is that basically it wouldn't cost them a dime to do.

Rockford
11-03-2012, 05:00 AM
Finally i manged to locate the 7970 matrix here in Sweden

i am about to buy me some new cards.. havent decided brand/model yet

Have browsed the net for info..

But didnt find anything useful..

What are the max Voltage/Mhz that you will be able to use, without hotwire.. In a gpu tweak prog?

core mhz
core voltage
ram voltage

Rossi~
11-03-2012, 08:21 AM

Hi Marshall.

Thank you for the update. I much appreciate it.

Rossi~
11-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Finally i manged to locate the 7970 matrix here in Sweden

i am about to buy me some new cards.. havent decided brand/model yet

Have browsed the net for info..

But didnt find anything useful..

What are the max Voltage/Mhz that you will be able to use, without hotwire.. In a gpu tweak prog?

core mhz
core voltage
ram voltage

In 2.2.8.1 my sliders max are:

GPU Clock: 2200MHz
GPU Voltage: 1.4v
Memory Voltage: 1.85v (increase this voltage seems to have little to no effect on stability.

Rockford
11-03-2012, 05:10 PM
thanks..

thats very good

_
11-04-2012, 02:09 AM
Could you use this for the 7970 DC2T?

It will work for DCII, but whether it unlocks extra options I can't say.

(Can MATRIX BIOS work on DCII though..? Does DCII have dual-BIOS to try?) :O

FredBasset
11-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Thanks for this, I'm really pleased with my Matrix HD7970 but GPU Tweak does not work well with it.

In addition to the items that have been pointed out could some attention be paid to the hotkeys, I'd like to use them but to do this you have to go into settings and enable the hotkeys each time that GPU Tweak starts.

Thanks
Fred

madmav
11-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Thanks MarshallR , this is the news i have been waiting for (normal support for 6870DC). Keep up the good work ! :)

FredBasset
11-10-2012, 08:14 PM
Any update on the new version yet?

Cheers
Fred

Warocia
11-12-2012, 05:52 AM
I am also interested to hear when this is coming. My Matrix 7970s are coming today.

madmav
11-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Hi all, new version 2.2.9.3 is out (it's not 2.2.9.5). I can confirm that at last it supports my HD 6870 DC card. I will test further and post any info. I hope that this version also addresses the HD 7970's problems.

Many Thanks to the Dev team, for hearing me and special thanks to MARSHALLR, for helping in the first place !

here is a link for the latest version:

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?p=9&m=GPU+Tweak&hashedid=n%2fa

UPDATE: sooo, not working correct actually.... i cannot increase voltage, it's on 1.2 , and that is the max value of the slider. Overclocking enhancement does not give me any room too. ...... so, will need to wait more..

Rossi~
11-13-2012, 07:57 PM
UPDATE
New versions 2.2.9.6 and 2.2.9.3 is out. Unable to test until tomorrow but download from link below and try it out, go go go!!!

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?p=9&m=GPU+Tweak&hashedid=n%2fa

Rossi~
11-14-2012, 06:05 PM
I can confirm that the User Defined fan profile for the 7970 Matrix Platinum in GPU Tweak Version 2.2.9.6 still has issues. It's still linked to VDDC Power Temperature, NOT the GPU temperature.... *sigh*

_
11-20-2012, 07:16 AM
Hi Rossi, the MATRIX has two temp domains, both of which are read separately: one fan sits over the GPU and the other VDDC (voltage reg) area. In regards to User Defined fan profiles the temperature is measured in both domains separately and both fan speeds adjust independently, but you use one graph for both. This means as GPU hits 50C, fan1 spins up, and when VDDC fan hits 50C, fan2 spins up.

Both VDDC/GPU components have similar temperature tolerances so vastly differently graphs are not needed and it keeps the UI easier to understand).

Sorry this is not directly explained in the software.

Also the GPU Tweak team thanks you for your thorough testing!! Hehe ;)

HiVizMan
11-20-2012, 09:18 AM
hey Rossi got my Matrix yesterday so thanks for all the updates and bug testing, means I can just enjoy my card.

Rossi~
11-20-2012, 10:10 PM
Hi Rossi, the MATRIX has two temp domains, both of which are read separately: one fan sits over the GPU and the other VDDC (voltage reg) area. In regards to User Defined fan profiles the temperature is measured in both domains separately and both fan speeds adjust independently, but you use one graph for both. This means as GPU hits 50C, fan1 spins up, and when VDDC fan hits 50C, fan2 spins up.

Both VDDC/GPU components have similar temperature tolerances so vastly differently graphs are not needed and it keeps the UI easier to understand).

Sorry this is not directly explained in the software.

Also the GPU Tweak team thanks you for your thorough testing!! Hehe ;)

That would explain that then!! Thanks or your feedback! Much appreciated.

I would like to add that I have found 1 serious issue;
For some reason, I'm not sure if this is just me, but when my monitors return from from sleep/standby, gputweak dies. It looks up and when I reload it, it is missing the advanced functions and does allow them to enable again, nor does it apply any settings. The only way to resolve this is to reboot.
Now this happens id say 7/10 times, so not all the time but most of the time and it is infuriating to say the least.

RampageRogers
11-23-2012, 10:15 AM
If I have hotwire my matrix and increase voltage in aisuite,do the voltage apply in the gpu tweak as well?

_
11-27-2012, 04:26 PM
If I have hotwire my matrix and increase voltage in aisuite,do the voltage apply in the gpu tweak as well?

Yup. Hotwire is accessed via OC Key on Extreme boards specifically though.

Rossi~
11-27-2012, 09:56 PM
This is what happens after monitor recovers from 'sleep'.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/1824/whatnm.png

GPU voltage of: 0307mv
Monitor reads: 0mv for both Memory and GPU
Memory temperature is apparently 119c

If i go to change any settings in GPU Tweak, it will fail to apply and then lock up. The only way to get it working again is to reboot.
I assume this is a GPU Tweak issue and i haven't got a dud card. I hope so anyway, as i don't want to deal with ASUS RMA process and be without a graphics card for 28 days...

Also, whilst i'm at it. Memory is misspelt on the monitor settings.

RampageRogers
11-28-2012, 02:47 PM
Yup. Hotwire is accessed via OC Key on Extreme boards specifically though.

Hi,I have tried to overvoltage my 7970 matrix using the ockey,bios and aisuite.But during benchmark,the voltage just won't crank up during benchmark.What issue do I have?Do I have a faulty board or gpu?

Rossi~
11-30-2012, 08:36 AM
ASUS GPUTweak 2.2.9.9 is out.

Will be testing tonight.

http://support.asus.com/download.asp...hashedid=n%2fa

zabusa
11-30-2012, 05:01 PM
Looks like link is dead - did the new GPU tweak get updated today/yesterday?

Rossi~
11-30-2012, 06:49 PM
http://event.asus.com/vga/2012/gpu_tweak/

MykaAurora
12-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Any idea when will be the date of update version of ROGTweak?

MykaAurora
12-15-2012, 05:15 AM
Wow, asus really left this GPU Tweak to dry.

Rossi~
12-19-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm starting to get really f***** off with this now.

GPU Tweak doesn't apply my settings at startup, even though it's selected to do so.
Burn function is supposed to write my settings to BIOS correct? It says successful but i can't see any evidence of this working. I reboot and it will load the defaults. Burn function does nothing it seems...

So basically i have to select the profile manually on every boot.

Also, to add to it. The voltage never comes down once applied. The 2D mode will activate, though never the 300MHz 2D mode, the 500MHz 2D Mode i mean, but the voltage will stay high as i've set it.

MykaAurora
12-20-2012, 03:15 AM
I'm starting to get really f***** off with this now.

GPU Tweak doesn't apply my settings at startup, even though it's selected to do so.
Burn function is supposed to write my settings to BIOS correct? It says successful but i can't see any evidence of this working. I reboot and it will load the defaults. Burn function does nothing it seems...

So basically i have to select the profile manually on every boot.

Also, to add to it. The voltage never comes down once applied. The 2D mode will activate, though never the 300MHz 2D mode, the 500MHz 2D Mode i mean, but the voltage will stay high as i've set it.

I've done several tests, you need to save to profile 1, and burn from profile 1. After boot it will load OCed profile.

Other than that, I don't know about it. Sorry.

_
12-20-2012, 07:22 AM
I have collected and given feedback on all this info to our RD btw. They do know, they are working on it :)

Rossi~
12-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Thanks Marshall.

I've done several tests, you need to save to profile 1, and burn from profile 1. After boot it will load OCed profile.

Other than that, I don't know about it. Sorry.

You would think. However, this is not working for me.

MykaAurora
12-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Thanks Marshall.

You would think. However, this is not working for me.

No luck for you, It worked for me.

Just the fan profile really bug me off. Owh yeah, and sometime voltage drop to lowest setting possible, and cant change back to normal, need to restart.

Owh and, monitoring tools, won't let me stay in full widget. Keeps changing to full graph monitor on restart.

Owh, and unstable software.

:D Thats all I can think of ( so far ) the bug that ticks me. Another problem may arise, and will state here.

Black4
12-23-2012, 09:50 PM
Republic of Gamers stands by their products. Let's have some confidence that GPU Tweak will be improved in response to user feedback and released as soon as practical, and we'll get the first-rate functionality that is expected from this top-tier line of superb products.

I also expect that they already appreciate any issues brought to their attention so that they can be addressed for all users, and would ask for our patience while they get resolved.

They have a great reputation and I'm confident that they will stand behind their products.

_
12-24-2012, 04:16 AM
Rossi - can you please let us know your OS (with service pack) and current display driver please (and if possible your system spec as it's not been listed in this thread that I can find). Our RD requires this to attempt to duplicate the issue. Thanks!

Rossi~
12-24-2012, 03:01 PM
Rossi - can you please let us know your OS (with service pack) and current display driver please (and if possible your system spec as it's not been listed in this thread that I can find). Our RD requires this to attempt to duplicate the issue. Thanks!

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
AMD Catalyst 12.11 BETA 8 (currently). 12.11 BETA 4 and 12.10 have the same results

Intel 3930K
ASUS Sabertooth X79
16Gb Samsung Green
Crucial M4 256Gb
2x WD Black 1Tb RAID-0
ASUS Xonar Essence STX
ASUS HD7970 Matrix Platinum
1x BenQ XL2411T (120Hz) + 2x BenQ G2222HDL
Corsair AX860 PSU

_
12-25-2012, 05:33 AM
Great thanks I've sent it off :)

_
12-25-2012, 10:09 AM
Dear Rossi~

We cannot replicate this in our RD testing sorry. We can only suggest to try cleaning out the old drivers and reinstalling fresh.

Rossi~
01-12-2013, 10:43 PM
Guess that's an issue i'm going to have to live with.

This is what happens after monitor recovers from 'sleep'.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/1824/whatnm.png

GPU voltage of: 0307mv
Monitor reads: 0mv for both Memory and GPU
Memory temperature is apparently 119c

If i go to change any settings in GPU Tweak, it will fail to apply and then lock up. The only way to get it working again is to reboot.
I assume this is a GPU Tweak issue and i haven't got a dud card. I hope so anyway, as i don't want to deal with ASUS RMA process and be without a graphics card for 28 days...

Also, whilst i'm at it. Memory is misspelt on the monitor settings.

Still getting this issue. Even after complete wipe of GPU Tweak and drivers, CCleaner and driver sweep run and reinstalled with everything stock. Also, not sure if it's of any use but it doesn't matter if i'm using 1 monitor or 3.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8857/gputweakmess.png

This still happens on monitor sleep restore. If i go to touch any settings within GPU Tweak in this state it will lock up for a while, then come back and not apply anything and after a while it will just crash all together.
Closing a re-opening the application does not resolve the issue and in fact looses the advanced settings. The only way to get it back to normal is to reboot.

MykaAurora
01-13-2013, 02:32 AM
You know, my fan profile works great now, don't even need to re apply profile every time reboot. Even the OC stays after reboot.

Maybe you should try, if you haven't try it yet.

B0UJI
02-15-2013, 10:24 AM
Anyone know if an OSD option like in Afterburner is planned?