PDA

View Full Version : Help From Someone Who Has Upgraded to Windows 8 - IE 10 Compatibility Test

tkolarik
11-02-2012, 11:32 PM
I am looking to upgrade but my online school requires specific things from the browsers in order to for me to take classes. Windows 8 uses two different versions of Internet Explorer, one that cannot display Flash videos and the other that can. The IE 10 in the tiles page does not run Flash, but if you click on IE from the Desktop, that IE will run flash videos.

If someone would got to my schools website, there is a Compatibility/System Check displayed in the lower left side. I would appreciate it if someone would tell me me what it shows running IE from the desktop link. Website link below.

http://gwinnetttech.angellearning.com/default.asp

Thanks!

Area 66
11-02-2012, 11:53 PM
Install Google Chrome, your link work perfectly with my Google , IE10 is pita with some website

tkolarik
11-03-2012, 01:05 AM
Thanks, but Some of my online exams don't do right with Chrome... The answers don't go through properly. They suggest Fireforx but it has become the slow bloatware that IE used to be. Thanks again for checking.

madnj
11-03-2012, 01:09 AM
FYI, you also from the Desktop browser have the option to hit the "compatibility mode" button to run the site in a previous IE compatibility mode.

It's on the right side of the address bar and it works well for sites that just don't seem to run right in IE10.

That said, I get this when running in normal IE 10 desktop mode:

System Check

Explorer Explorer
Version: 8 Platform: Windows
Resolution: 1920x1080 (32 bit color)
Requirements
Enabled Ajax
Enabled Cookies
Enabled Java
Enabled Javascript
Enabled Popups
Plugins
Not Enabled plugin iconAcrobat Reader
Enabled plugin iconFlash Player 11
Enabled plugin iconQuicktime Player 5
Enabled plugin iconWindows Media

and for some reason the site doesn't give me the compatibility view option, but it DOES show IE 8 via the compatibility thing. Looks to work fine.