PDA

View Full Version : G75VW Screen Freeze

tennistim3
11-03-2012, 01:53 AM
Hi,
I recently bought my new G75VW and it is brand new, unopened and anywhere from 5 min to a few hours upon start up I can be doing anything on the computer and I click on something and the screen freezes. I cannot open task manger and closing the lid doesn't make it go to sleep, I have to manually shut down and reboot the computer every time.

It has happened three times now and i would really appreciate some help on the matter.

Thanks

kuudou
11-03-2012, 05:03 AM
This happened to a few of us. Some more often than others. The entire system freezes up randomly, even when it's not being used for gaming.

And while neither of us has had any luck finding out what causes it someone suggested to simply install the latest Nvidia driver.

Just go to their support website, make sure you select the right mobile model, and install the latest driver. No one has reported any freezes since. It's strange I know. But so far nothing has come up.

tennistim3
11-03-2012, 07:51 PM
This happened to a few of us. Some more often than others. The entire system freezes up randomly, even when it's not being used for gaming.

And while neither of us has had any luck finding out what causes it someone suggested to simply install the latest Nvidia driver.

Just go to their support website, make sure you select the right mobile model, and install the latest driver. No one has reported any freezes since. It's strange I know. But so far nothing has come up.

Thank you very much i have downloaded the latest driver and nothing has happened yet.
I appreciate your help.

I also saw someone with a similar problem and he said to do a system restore and that fixed it.
So I will wait to see if this fixed it and try the restore later if it is still there.

Thanks

ikennyyy
11-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Had the same problem as you. I got my G75 and it was doing the same thing. I even did factory restores and clean install of Win 7, didn't work. I ended up returning it back to amazon and they replaced one for me since it was in the 30 days. I don't think there is even a fix for this. Might have just been a bad batch of G75 that was made.

rewben
11-04-2012, 04:13 AM
if you have mcAfee on the list, can you remove it, reboot and check if that reduce the frozen thing?

tennistim3
11-04-2012, 07:12 PM
So far so good with just the up to date drivers, there haven't been any screen freezes yet, just fairly large FPS drops for a few seconds when playing a video or game. I hope I can either fix it or deal with it because i bought this computer off of eBay not Amazon and I'm not sure if it has the warranty on it :/

Any thoughts?

kuudou
11-04-2012, 10:51 PM
So far so good with just the up to date drivers, there haven't been any screen freezes yet, just fairly large FPS drops for a few seconds when playing a video or game. I hope I can either fix it or deal with it because i bought this computer off of eBay not Amazon and I'm not sure if it has the warranty on it :/

Any thoughts?

The framerate drops could Power4Gear messing with your power options. Uninstall all components of Power4Gear.

tennistim3
11-07-2012, 07:09 AM
Hey guys so i have identified the problem after all.

The Mouse

yes it is indeed the RoG Gaming mouse that comes with the package.
i cant believe that it was simply the mouse but since i have uninstalled the drivers and am using an older mouse the freezing has been eliminated and most of the frame rate drops as well.

If you are having the same problem as I did, use a different mouse.

Thanks for the help guys.