PDA

View Full Version : Drivers

Ulfr_Thralati
11-03-2012, 04:50 AM
Ok, first off I want to say I'm extremely happy with my asus g75. had it for about 4 months now and everything is good. I'd also like to say that i'm not really that good with computers, I can figure some stuff out and usally don't have any issues with step by step instructions. I admit dealing witht he BIOS scares the hell outta me as I don't want to screw up my machine. From what I've been reading it seems that if you aren't having issues with the BIOS to leave it well enough alone. I always check the asus live update, the only update if for the BIOS winflash upgrade, but I always ignore that. I understand that some of the munufactures have the drivers for some of the components on their own sites. it seems, from what I've read, that geting the latest drivers off of the RoG download site is the best as they know what is good for their machines. Well while looking for drivers I ran across the Drivernavigator program from the asus site, says i need 14 updated drivers. I"m guessing this program would be able to do a clean install for the drivers i need. my questions is...is this program safe to use our machines? Or should I just stick with manually downloading from the RoG site?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Ulfr

cheek
11-03-2012, 05:41 AM
the general consensus is to stay away from asus live update. uninstall it
manual download from rog download site.
policy with Bios is not broken dont fix it
never use or heard of drivernavigator. so cant attest to the reliability. i wouldnt recommend it.