PDA

View Full Version : G75 Win8 Upgrade question

CodeToJoy
11-03-2012, 04:59 AM
Hello fellow RoG users,

I'm considering an upgrade to Windows 8, and noticed on the compatibility check in the Upgrade Assistant that the "Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver" is not compatible. I'm a little hesitant to proceed seeing this, as I'd rather not lose my USB ports (I've already had to replace the computer once when the Asus Live Update killed them). Anyone else have experience with this? I'm not seeing a new USB driver in the downloads for Windows 8, so if there's anyone out there that has upgraded and can let me know of anything I might need to do, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Thanks in advance,

CodeToJoy

HumanityPlague
11-03-2012, 06:44 AM
I uninstalled it, and didn't run into any problems. All 4 ports on my G75 seem to work fine. I don't have anything that is USB 3.0 comptable, so I'm not sure if that's a specific issue, or not.

CodeToJoy
11-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Thanks for your reply. I'll uninstall it.

Clintlgm
11-03-2012, 04:18 PM
Microsoft USB 3.0 Native driver "Renesas USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controler-0096 (Microsoft)" is installed 6.2.9200.16420, This intel/Microsoft USB Enhanced Host Controller Is installed 6.2.9200.16420 that's what is showing in my Device Manager. this is information from my Workstation that I'm running a dual boot on. I installed the Win 8 Clean on a new SSD in dual boot mode with Win 7 pro earlier in the week, The last 2 days I have not used the Win 7 at all. I may delete it this coming week if I don't come up with a problem all seem good so far.
While I do have a USB 3.0 Port on the WS it is not native to the MB and I have not tested it. There were some earlier post from user of the earlier releases of win 8 that the native Microsoft driver solved some of the USB 3.0 problems we were experiencing with the G75's