PDA

View Full Version : WiMax adapter is missing!

Teddy1
11-05-2012, 06:43 AM
I installed the Wimax adapter to my Windows 8 G75VW but it says to notification that Wimax adapter missing. Is that the same with all of you guys?

_
11-05-2012, 08:13 AM
WiMAX?

Could you elaborate - is it a change of physical hardware? Because the G75VW doesn't ship with WiMAX. (WiFi, yes).

Teddy1
11-05-2012, 08:22 AM
When you go to asus site and download drivers for wireless drivers, this is the name "Intel WiMAX Wireless LAN Driver" I install that and when i look to my notification it says WiMax Adapter missing.

WiMAX?

Could you elaborate - is it a change of physical hardware? Because the G75VW doesn't ship with WiMAX. (WiFi, yes).

_
11-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Ohhh. OK unless you live in Taiwan then you won't have WiMAX in your notebook. Literally almost no other country employs its use (long story; it lost to LTE). Does the box state WiMAX specifically?

Likely the only ones you need the WiFi ones, depending whether you have Athros or Intel fitted under your network adapters.

StereoROG
11-06-2012, 06:13 PM
You don't need to install that, the hardware does not exist in the laptop dont worry about it uninstall what you installed, restart, enjoy...

Cheers,