PDA

View Full Version : G75 Black screen after login and nvidia driver crash

kmwill
11-05-2012, 06:13 PM
Hello,
I have a G75 that i got from bestbuy. The laptop worked great for 2 weeks then i got a bsod from nvlddmkm.sys. I wasnt doing anything on the laptop at the time and had not made any changes. i powered it on logged in and walked away for 10 minute and came back to a BSOD. After the BSOD every time i booted the laptop and logged in i would get a black screen. If i booted to safe mode i would get a screen and if i removed the nvidia driver in safe mode i could boot into windows normal mode and get my desktop. I tried all drivers from nvidia and asus with always the same result. I ended up reinstalling windows 7 64bit "a clean install" and i am able to use the nvidia drivers but i am unable to play any games and i am not able to enable aero, if i try to enable aero i get a black screen and have to power off and back on. Also i get nvidia crashes and driver restarting even when surfing the web. I see other people on this site have had similar problems. I contacted ASUS and they said to update to latest bios and driver, my laptop has the latest bios and ive tried all nvidia drivers. If you have had this problem was there ever a fix or did you have to return or RMA the laptop??? I am a silver memmber with best buy and am close to being out of my return window. I am wondering if anyone has fixed this issue before i take it back for a refund?

dstrakele
11-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Since your video issues persisted through a clean Windows 7 install, I believe your best option is to exchange your laptop for a new one at Best Buy or accept a complete refund if you don't want to try out another G75.

I am assuming you experienced the Aero issue immediately after installation of the NVIDIA drivers to the clean Windows 7 install without any additional software installations.

Pitcher@asus
11-06-2012, 06:27 AM
Did you have re-inatall OS and install new video driver again?
so,How is machine? refund?

kmwill
11-06-2012, 05:17 PM
i had installed windows 7 ultimate 64bit on an ssd when i got the laptop. it worked great for about 2 weeks. i powered it down then the next day had the BSOD and then the black screens. "after alot of troubleshooting and driver reloads" i reinstalled the os Windows 7 ultimate 64bit on the SSD and was able to install the nvidia driver but i am unable to enable windows aero, i get a black screen when i try and have to reboot the laptop. Also i am unable to play games and i get the nvidia driver crash popup driver has recovered. i have tried all the nvidia and asus drivers. I see there is a new bios out today and i will try that when i get home tonight, if it works great if not its going back for a refund. i see now that bestbuy doesnt carry my g75 model anymore or at least stock it . the new stocked g75 has an i7-3630QM processor