PDA

View Full Version : New G75VW BIOS, v.221

Sunrise2000
11-06-2012, 11:32 AM
1.Modify ASID.
2.Update GOP

What means ASID and GOP?

Anyone have flashed? Everything all right?

Hyugafe
11-06-2012, 03:23 PM
ASID doesn't say anything right now, could be related to UEFI?

GOP is Graphics Output Protocol.

DeltaActual
11-06-2012, 03:33 PM
i did and i think it's a bit quieter now

finalhour
11-06-2012, 03:39 PM
I'll wait for the braver users on here to flash to it. I'm happy with my current BIOS but if this offers any improvements I'd love to hear what they are/get a consensus from power users on here :-)

Skull6
11-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Finalhour, after being "bitten" a time or two (thousand) when XP & then Vista were the rave, I tend to use your same philosophy when it comes to any (specific but unnamed) OS manufacturer's updates. Let someone else do their beta-testing for free? ;)

bignazpwns
11-06-2012, 04:15 PM
Good old Asus not telling us what they did with it. The whole update and modify are screaming this will screw up your system because we dont know what we were doing. How about some notes Asus or would that go against your 1/2 way job company policy.

From what i can see the bios has been changed for some better windows 8 support. I wont flash it because if they don't have time to make up some notes for it they don't have time to code right and it will prob give me more problems when a bios made by a 5 year old.

cheek
11-06-2012, 04:39 PM
im a pussy when it comes to flashing untested bios. and i think many would agree this pussiness is totally warranted...

StereoROG
11-06-2012, 06:10 PM
why was i expecting positive comments in this thread as my eyes were filled with happiness and joy when i saw these words:

BIOSSSS

UPDATEEEEEE

but then reality hit me with words like pussiness and consenus, whats happening to the world , whats happening to ROGGGG...

madnj
11-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Just flashed, no issues to report. Loaded the new winflash and flashed the extracted BIOS zip.

It took about 3-5 minutes to wipe/flash/verify, and then rebooted. On reboot, keyboard backlight was turned off, but on bootup toggling them back on worked just fine.

Consider me an early guinea pig with no issues to report.

john_from_ohio
11-06-2012, 10:42 PM
Just flashed, no issues to report. Loaded the new winflash and flashed the extracted BIOS zip.

You did your BIOS update while running in windows???

Hyugafe
11-06-2012, 10:45 PM
You did your BIOS update while running in windows???

It works fine!

madnj
11-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Yes, I used the winflash application provided on the ASUS support site, and the latest BIOS file for the flash.

A couple things, the new BIOS fixes the whole ASUS ROG logo showing when booting WIndows 8 (IN UEFI boot Windows 8 install, not non UEFI which always showed the Windows 8 splash), you now properly see the Windows 8 splash screen, and I did find a new device was detected in device manager post update labeled ATK4001.

I wasn't sure why I had the new device, and updating to ATK 0024 program version didn't pick the device up, so I ultimately ended up loading the ASUS Wireless control package (also on the support drivers site) and it picked up the device and on reboot I now have the ability to FN-F2 the wireless to "airplane mode" which I previously could not.

For some reason until I updated the BIOS I didn't have that unknown device in device manager, but on BIOS update I now have it.

All in all, I'm updated and have 0 issues and things seem fine.

ushhh
11-07-2012, 12:29 AM
just did the bios update and in the bios i dont have the uefi boot option anymore

Sunrise2000
11-07-2012, 08:17 AM
just flashed and unknow devices in device manager not found.. it seems allright

Sunrise2000
11-07-2012, 02:22 PM
I noticed one strange thing, when I start some programs, for example, winamp, photoshop, premiere, hwinfo64, aida64, my blu ray burner - Panasonic UJ260 have checked himself, it is the same sound grom it then rog logo appears before loading windows (firs boot from cdrom of my settings).

this is normal??

ViktorRu
11-07-2012, 04:11 PM
From where is may be downloaded?

.more
11-07-2012, 04:25 PM
From where is may be downloaded?

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=G75VW
OS - Windows 8 X64

DeltaActual
11-07-2012, 08:12 PM
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=G75VW
OS - Windows 8 X64
Windows 7 as well

c_man
11-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Now you guys know that going back to an older version is not as easy, right?

finalhour
11-08-2012, 02:34 PM

Har har har, it works fine. Flashed in minutes, seems to be running things smoother, I'm happy with it.

c_man
11-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Do you have the over night battery drain problem? That would be the only thing that I need to fix. Well, that and the panel. But I guess both are here to stay with me 'till death or something.

Skull6
11-08-2012, 04:35 PM
So, any word on exactly what this update "fixes," or otherwise improves? I'm old skool, in that I follow the old adage "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"--unless there's a good reason to do so. Otherwise, I'd end up doing nothing more than "chasing that next shiny thing..."

& suffering the unnecessary consequences of doing so.

Rayearth
11-08-2012, 04:48 PM
God damn it. This BIOS makes the display go dark when pressing Fn+F7, like when idle for a longer period. It doesn't just turn of the display instantly any more. If I move my mouse or press any key, the screen turns on.

finalhour
11-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Do you have the over night battery drain problem? That would be the only thing that I need to fix. Well, that and the panel. But I guess both are here to stay with me 'till death or something.

I've never heard of this issue. Can you elaborate?

Cheiba
11-10-2012, 12:41 AM
God damn it. This BIOS makes the display go dark when pressing Fn+F7, like when idle for a longer period. It doesn't just turn of the display instantly any more. If I move my mouse or press any key, the screen turns on.

Never tried this before the BIOS update, but i just did it and it works fine. Even turns off the keyboard lights.
Update went smooth, and the only difference I see so far is the Windows 8 logo on startup. And maybe it's just me, I'm sure it is, faster boot.

GottiBoi55
11-10-2012, 01:10 AM

Well, actually there's two easy steps to rollback to the "Old BIOS"

Open cmd as admim.
Enter the first command, then enter the second command.

1. cd C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\WinFlash

2. Winflash /nodate

The second command will open the Winflash utility, but now when you add the BIOS file the flash button will not be "grayed out"
now you can roll back BIOS to older update.

Note: don't worry about the warning saying
WARNING: The BIOS file is older than the current version. Click {Exit} to exit......Just click on the "flash button"
The Flash will now start and revert to the older version.

So if anyone wants to "test" the new BIOS just go on try it, you can always roll it back.

Good Luck, and enjoy!

madnj
11-11-2012, 12:50 AM
Yeah, as one of the first to flash, I figured I'd post an update. Everything is still running perfectly, and my previously fast boots seem even faster now.

I'm not sure if the BIOS update has anything to do with it, but this BIOS definitely feels like it boots faster if nothing else (and it was fast before).

Now that there are driver/application updates for most everything on the Windows 8 side, I'm very happy.

GottiBoi55
11-11-2012, 02:44 AM
Yeah, as one of the first to flash, I figured I'd post an update. Everything is still running perfectly, and my previously fast boots seem even faster now.

I'm not sure if the BIOS update has anything to do with it, but this BIOS definitely feels like it boots faster if nothing else (and it was fast before).

Now that there are driver/application updates for most everything on the Windows 8 side, I'm very happy.

Did you have any problems with the keyboard lights after POST?
I had no keyboard lights after POST, I need the keyboard lights @ logon screen.

wondering, does anyone else have this problem?

ViktorRu
11-11-2012, 09:29 AM
after flashing it checks blu ray driver to much frequently so I disabled. (for now I don't need blu ray).
But I think it would be nice to produce new bios firmware that fixes this issue

c_man
11-11-2012, 10:56 AM
Well, actually there's two easy steps to rollback to the "Old BIOS"

Open cmd as admim.

2. Winflash /nodate

The second command will open the Winflash utility, but now when you add the BIOS file the flash button will not be "grayed out"

WARNING: The BIOS file is older than the current version. Click {Exit} to exit......Just click on the "flash button"

So if anyone wants to "test" the new BIOS just go on try it, you can always roll it back.

Good Luck, and enjoy!

I know, in fact I even used it on some Asus laptops. But still something can go wrong and Asus does not have a very good BIOS failsafe as I found out myself a few months back.

I've never heard of this issue. Can you elaborate?

It was on the forum, I am not the only one with this problem. Just charge the laptop to 100% and take a look at the battery in the morning. You will see that something is eating it for no reason.

GottiBoi55
11-11-2012, 02:19 PM

I don't have this problem, sounds like you have some internal device draining your battery.
My battery stays charged up, maybe it loses only 1 or 2 percent at the most.

SubmersedHollow
11-11-2012, 06:15 PM
i want to share my experience with the new bios
1. it boots 20-30% faster
2. bios changes. (no uefi enable function, no more ROG sign at startup) (using windows 7)
3. u cannot disable turbo boost or anymore (i was able to do it in the old version, i was using intel XTU tool)
4. faster system response (it even detected my wireless card that i was not able to enable it via adapter settings)
5. have not tested gaming yet

---------
overall it's a good update

that's kinda it hope they fix some of this :P

PS: if anyone can send me a PM why asus g75 cannot use integrated intel graphics pls do ty.(had not found a good answer about this topic)

madnj
11-12-2012, 03:49 AM
The lack of UEFI enable function shouldn't matter, I installed my OS in UEFI mode, and it partitioned the drive differently than non UEFI, so I suspect UEFI is still supported but it may just not show it.

As far as the Intel integrated graphics, they are simply not connected and there's no Optimus setup on the G75. I believe the hardware is there, but it's not actually attached if I'm restating correctly. It would be a good thing for battery life perhaps, but I've also heard rumblings of issues with Optimus technology in my past research into it. I don't personally have any system that uses Optimus, so take that with a grain of salt, but I think it may have been a design decision on the part of ASUS to just keep it simple.

madnj
11-12-2012, 03:52 AM
And regarding the battery discharge problem, here's what's going on... In a charge cycle, it charges to 100%, then it stops charging until the battery naturally discharges until some threshold where it'll kick in and charge it back up. I had similar issues with my G73, and generally disconnecting the AC/adapter and reconnecting it would get it to charge back up.

I think it's just that the laptop doesn't force constant charging to the battery when it's full charged until it's depleted some, which I believe to be a good thing.

That said, I don't see any appreciable discharge overnight. If you are talking about discharging while on standby and not plugged in, sure, the laptop does use some power in standby while not fully powered off or hibernated.

povetkin
11-12-2012, 11:06 AM
After flash 211 doesn't work ATK package (0024 latest version) under windows 8.

Rayearth
11-12-2012, 01:47 PM
no more ROG sign at startup

I still have the ROG sign at startup and I can change it between animated and static version any time, just like before the update.

haktas
11-12-2012, 01:52 PM
my hang on boot problem with vertex 3 still continues.
Read some articles @ ocz forum and they say 2.25 fixed their hang issue.
But with this laptop nothing fixed yet and i believe its coz of bios.
Any help with this issue?

finalhour
11-12-2012, 02:03 PM
I will say that my enable/disable wireless key doesn't work anymore (fn+f2 --I think) after this update...dunno if they'll fix that

madnj
11-12-2012, 02:59 PM
FN-F2 wireless toggle after BIOS update requires the Windows 8 wireless toggle app. Mine works perfectly and puts my wireless in airplane mode when I toggle it.

I'm running ATK 0024, the wireless toggle, and te latest BIOS and all hotkeys work perfectly. I actually have my Windows 8 install where literally every application/function is working exactly as I'd expect and rock solid stable. Very happy with this G75.

finalhour
11-12-2012, 03:57 PM
FN-F2 wireless toggle after BIOS update requires the Windows 8 wireless toggle app. Mine works perfectly and puts my wireless in airplane mode when I toggle it.

I'm running ATK 0024, the wireless toggle, and te latest BIOS and all hotkeys work perfectly. I actually have my Windows 8 install where literally every application/function is working exactly as I'd expect and rock solid stable. Very happy with this G75.

Where do I get this app?

CyB3thuG
11-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Regards from Croatia ther was some issues with my G75vw after flashing bios 221.
Bios is flashed perfectly but after restart there was surprise notebook is going to bios settings. As usualy I do restore defaults and notbook is again going to bios setting and all the time is going to bios settings. In bios settings disks and Optical drive is presented but I can't boot from Optical drive. Only thing is presented in boot options is usb flash drive but still can't boot from them is there any solutions that can I do.

wannagofast
11-13-2012, 12:20 AM
I updated bios yesterday and all went well with the flash. I don't remember exactly, but my battery was at somewhere between 95-100% when I turned the G75 off and unplugged the power cord last night. I plugged in the power cord and turned on the laptop today when I got home from work a bit ago, and my battery was at 89%. So something changed in the new bios on my end because it would usually only drop 1% a day and then it would charge back up after it dropped down to 95%, which would take 4-5 days after being at 100%. My laptop is charging up now, so I guess I will see how much it drains from 100% tonight till I turn on tomorrow after work.

madnj
11-13-2012, 02:04 PM
Where do I get this app?

It's under Utilities: http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G75VW&p=3&s=388

LuissRicardo
11-13-2012, 08:47 PM
Hi, a newbie here, I'd like to upgrade the BIOS, I haven't done so ever, do I have to upgrade to version 210 and then to 221?

Can you tell me if it is safe to upgrade it in windows using winflash? and do I have to uninstall the previous version of winflash and install the new one?

And for last, can someone tell me the steps to follow to upgrade the BIOS?

I have the G75VW-BBK5 I bought in bestbuy.

Thanks

EDITED: Also, I'm running windows 7 but planning to upgrade to windows 8.

madnj
11-13-2012, 08:53 PM
you should be able to just install the latest version of Winflash (I'm not sure if you need to uninstall the current one first or if it'll just upgrade it).

As far as the flash process, you can just flash the latest. The BIOS you download will need to be extracted, and then the winflash program will check ti against the active BIOS and give you the option to flash it.

I recommend having a clean boot with few running programs when you flash, and make sure you're plugged in. That said, the flashing process should take no longer than 5 minutes total time. The best bet is to do nothing while it's flashing, and then reboot on completion.

When it reboots, you're done, although you will need to toggle your keyboard backlight back on and may need to install the airplane mode utility if running Windows 8.

Lightning188
11-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Hi,
I've updated the BIOS 210 to BIOS 221 and i can't use my recovery DVD's because when the process is finished, the computer reboots and i receive this message "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key."

I used a Linux Live CD and i see on Gparted that the partitions appears and logically works...

I would precise that i burned my DVD's with the good version of AI Recovery Utility.

Somebody has the same problem ? Can i downgrade the BIOS the 210 easily directly on the BIOS ?

Please help me. I would like to find my recovery again. :(

GottiBoi55
11-14-2012, 06:53 AM
Hi,
I've updated the BIOS 210 to BIOS 221 and i can't use my recovery DVD's because when the process is finished, the computer reboots and i receive this message "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key."

I used a Linux Live CD and i see on Gparted that the partitions appears and logically works...

I would precise that i burned my DVD's with the good version of AI Recovery Utility.

Somebody has the same problem ? Can i downgrade the BIOS the 210 easily directly on the BIOS ?

Please help me. I would like to find my recovery again. :(

Yes, you can downgrade BIOS
Follow these steps to rollback your BIOS to 210.

Open cmd as admim.

2. Winflash /nodate

Lightning188
11-14-2012, 08:38 AM
Hi, GottiBoi55.
Thank you for your answer :)

I think i'll flash the BIOS directly with Easy Flash on the BIOS. But do you think that the new BIOS is reponsable about the recovery boot failed ?

I'm sure if I flash the BIOS to 210 version, the recovery boots without this message error.

My G75VW reference is exactly : G75VW-T1042V

My OS in recovery is Windows 7 and i'm sure that the new BIOS 221 is optimised only for Windows 8 system.

My firts hard disk works perfectly because if I install a proper OS it works fine. And with the recovery DVD's it fails at the rebooting of the computer. The recovery process works perfectly and when the computer reboot it writes "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key."

And I saw when i press ESC, i can't see the first P0 entry with the label "Windows Boot Manager"... Then I conclude that the new BIOS cause this error.

Somebody can help me ? :(

GottiBoi55
11-15-2012, 12:18 AM
Hi, GottiBoi55.
Thank you for your answer :)

I think i'll flash the BIOS directly with Easy Flash on the BIOS. But do you think that the new BIOS is reponsable about the recovery boot failed ?

I'm sure if I flash the BIOS to 210 version, the recovery boots without this message error.

My G75VW reference is exactly : G75VW-T1042V

My OS in recovery is Windows 7 and i'm sure that the new BIOS 221 is optimised only for Windows 8 system.

My firts hard disk works perfectly because if I install a proper OS it works fine. And with the recovery DVD's it fails at the rebooting of the computer. The recovery process works perfectly and when the computer reboot it writes "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key."

And I saw when i press ESC, i can't see the first P0 entry with the label "Windows Boot Manager"... Then I conclude that the new BIOS cause this error.

Somebody can help me ? :(

The problem is, the AI Recovery Disc Burner that ships with the G75vw just don't work with a HDD over 500GB.
I had the same problem, did you see a splash screen that's has a white background with a "BIG RED ERROR" message?
I had a spare 500GB drive I used to recovery to, then I had to update to the newest version of the AI burner then burn a 'New DVD set".
Took awhile to finish, but I got my 750GB back to the Factory state.

Here a link to a thread on the subject>>>>>>> Click here (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?16532-Repair-Your-Computer-amp-AI-Recovery-doesn-t-work-after-Did-Factory-Recovery-by-DVD)
Or maybe you got the message on the last screen shot on this link?

Hope this will help you?

Good luck, and enjoy!

Lightning188
11-15-2012, 01:41 PM
Hi,

I just resolved my problem about the recovery process !

The problem was caused because of the BIOS version.

I've found this solution, if you've bought a G75VW with Windows 7 and burned DVD's recovery with the good version of AI Recovery Utility, do not update the BIOS to 221 version because the DVD's with this BIOS doesn't work fine.

A summary of what i say :

ASUS G75VW - Windows 7 64Bits --> BIOS 210 (Not upgrade BIOS to 221 version if you want to keep the recovery partition).

ASUS G75VW - Windows 8 64 Bits --> BIOS 221

Then if you don't want keep the recovery partition and to delete it to reinstall a proper operating system, you can upgrade BIOS 210 to BIOS 221.

BIOS 221 works perfectly with a proper Windows 8 operation system or proper Windows 7... BUT NOT WITH A WINDOWS 7 RECOVERY PARTITION.

I hope that these infos will help someone in the future...

Best regards,

Have a nice day ((:

Lightning188

dragondame
11-15-2012, 05:57 PM
I've been having terrible luck with the new BIOS version.

I bought my original G75VW from Best Buy earlier this month. It came with Windows 8 on a 1TB hdd. I added a Corsair Geforce GS 240GB SSD and installed Windows 7 Ultimate to be my main hard drive. Things were mostly fine (except for some complications using Acronis Recovery and corrupting both OS's. I was able to recover Windows 7 but not 8) until I updated the BIOS to 221. It no longer saw any other drives but the original 1 TB but since it was already corrupted, it would not boot. Nothing I did would allow the BIOS to see the SSD as a bootable device, even though it did see the drive under SATA configuration. I called ASUS and they could not help me. They told me I had a corrupt BIOS and to ship them my laptop.

Since I had my laptop less than 30 days, I went back to Best Buy and exchanged it for a new G75VW. This was yesterday. The first thing I did after initializing Windows 8 was update the BIOS to 221 (stupid me, I didn't bother to see what it was originally). Things were fine on Windows 8...until I put my SSD. I once again had the same problems in which the BIOS would see the SSD but not as a bootable device. Mind you, it wouldn't even see the optical drive as a bootable device either, or any flash drives plugged into the machine.

Following the instructions listed in this thread, I went ahead and flashed BIOS v. 210. This time, it would see everything, but when I tired to boot from the SSD, it would tell me Windows failed to boot. I tried doing a repair with my Windows 7 disc, but it did not help. When I tried to boot Windows 7 normally, it would blue screen on me before it would even get past the Windows 7 boot animation.

I tried rolling back to 207 with the same results. Even tried repair on Windows again, but it also did not work.

I was about ready to give up and just reload Windows 7 on my SSD and hope for the best, but it wouldn't let me install from the flash drive I have. I went ahead and changed the SATA configuration in the BIOS from ACHI to IDE to see if it would help and POOF! I was magically able to boot from my SSD normally, running BIOS v. 210. The only thing is, now Windows 8 will not boot, but I don't even care about that anymore.

Anyone else having problems like this??

chiilin
11-15-2012, 11:01 PM
I updated to this BIOS after I couldn't get the previous BIOS to boot the Win 8 Upgrade DVD in UEFI mode. However, I still wasn't able to do that after I updated to v.221 either. In order for me to do a clean install of Win 8 (and keep GPT partition format) I had to Save the Win 8 Install files to a USB instead of DVD. The BIOS would then let me boot the USB in UEFI mode (keep hitting ESC at start up), but it would never give me that option for the optical drive.

Other than that, this BIOS seems fine so far.

GottiBoi55
11-17-2012, 01:56 AM
There's a "update" for the recovery via f9 for windows 8 on the download page now!

I have no idea if this update works, I had to remove W8 because of this strange issue below.

I setup a "dual boot" with W7 and W8, but had a strange problem with that setup!
Every time I went into W8 to test how things were going (BTW it's too buggy still for me !!!) it would mess up W7 "big time"!
when I would go back to the W7, it would run the "Disk Check Utilities", and find all kinds of "file corruption"!
Then would fix all these "corrupted files", that would take some time.
So i removed W8, now W7 is back to normal!

IDK about this "strange issue"
Has anyone else had this experience?

chiilin
11-17-2012, 02:20 AM
I'm having no problems with Win 8 since I finally got it installed through UEFI USB. It boots in about 17-seconds now. Everything "seems" faster now too; just opening windows and whatnot.

Of course, I'm not doing a dual-boot system, so I don't know if that affected your experience. I do still have Win 7 loaded on my 2nd HDD. (Win 8 is now on an SSD).

GottiBoi55
11-17-2012, 02:31 AM
I'm having no problems with Win 8 since I finally got it installed through UEFI USB. It boots in about 17-seconds now. Everything "seems" faster now too; just opening windows and whatnot.

Of course, I'm not doing a dual-boot system, so I don't know if that affected your experience. I do still have Win 7 loaded on my 2nd HDD. (Win 8 is now on an SSD).

My setup was, W7 on the SSD, and W8 on the factory 750GB drive.
W7 in 1st boot, W8 2nd boot.

chiilin
11-17-2012, 08:50 AM
Oh, I actually thought a dual boot meant some other type of thing where you somehow booted 2 OS's at the same time or something. I mean I have two bootable drives in my G75, W8 on my SSD, and I left the factory drive alone with W7 on it (opposite as you). I just change whichever one I want to boot in the BIOS, but I'm using W8 exclusively now and I really have no reason/need to use W7 anymore (at least so far). If that is called a dual boot system, then I guess that is what I have...I just thought that term meant something else that I didn't really know about.

For what it's worth, I left the factory drive in the same bay it came in, and just installed the SSD in the empty bay, which is the one on the left when looking at them with laptop flipped over. And my factory HDD is 500GB and my SSD is 512GB.

Quasimodem
11-17-2012, 09:02 AM
No issues with the new BIOS... have my previously setup Win 8 and Linux Mint on the SSD and the 750gb as storage... things run faster....

GottiBoi55
11-17-2012, 03:19 PM
No issues with the new BIOS... have my previously setup Win 8 and Linux Mint on the SSD and the 750gb as storage... things run faster....

Win8 is too "buggy" for me!
so when they work out the "bugs" I may install it on the SSD.
Did you have any problem with the "Roxio CinePlayerBD"?
I had no BD playback in Win8

Clintlgm
11-17-2012, 08:04 PM
Roxio is not compatible with win 8, you'll have to upgrade to the new Corel versions to work in Win 8, this is my understanding. Also I ran a Dual Boot Win 7 / Win 8 on one of my Work Stations I was unable to install Roxio Creator Pro. When I downloaded the Win 8 the checker informed me that Roxio was not compatible with win 8. I kept in on for a couple of weeks and then formated the drive. Win 8 was somewhat faster than 7 I did find some programs that i use like Roxio would not work with out an upgrade. For me I'll wait for SP 1 before installing Win 8 on anything else. My wife's notebook has crashed and burned we are going to replace it with a All in one Touch screen so I'll get all my Win 8 fun and games on that puter. It should work good for her as she only does e-mail and face book, Hallmark Cards being her most intensive program. She does not multi task runs a very low screen resolution, Stll thinks Right Click is silly. so I think win 8 will be perfect for her.

itsgreekpete
12-05-2012, 12:28 AM
Hey guys, new here. Just bought a g75w-bbk5 from best buy this week and saw this BIOS update. Came with windows 7 "stock" and I'm not looking to upgrade to windows 8. Should I bother with this BIOS update?

rewben
12-05-2012, 05:01 AM
@itsgreekpete, if your system is fine, there is no need to do that.

itsgreekpete
12-08-2012, 01:51 AM
thank you very mcuh @ rewben... quick question, does this add any performance to the gpu/cpu? i don't exactly understand what this bios update does exactly... so I don't know if there is a problem on my system or not in the area concerning th eupdate.... THank you in advance

rewben
12-08-2012, 04:04 AM
unfortunately, most of us have no idea about the changes. i think someone that had done this would give you better answers..