PDA

View Full Version : Just what's in my G75VW anyway?

Skull6
11-06-2012, 09:30 PM
All, please excuse my ignorance, as this is my very 1st laptop.

I've noticed that some here have a listing of the components of the computers in their signature block, & II just finished responding to another thread pertaining to 3D, realizing that I have no clue just what makes up my G75VW. I purchased it from Best Buy back in June. I've tried perusing what I can of the system setup in Windows 7, but I'm still stumped. Is there any way to find out definitively just what components are in my G75VW?

madnj
11-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Device Manager will give you a reasonable breakdown...

Best Buy version has the Nvidia GeForce 660M graphics card, and i7 3610 processor, with Atheros Bluetooth/wifi/wired ethernet.

Not sure what specifics you'd really need to know about, but those are the main components and the actual chip versions are highlighted pretty well via device manager.

Skull6
11-06-2012, 09:54 PM
Make/ model of motherboard?
Make/ model of system memory?
Make/ model of HDD? (This I'm fairly certain I can find)

I don't like looking into upgrading things before I have a good handle on what I have originally (to help ensure compatibility, etc.). & once I find the time to start "benching" the laptop, I'll certainly wish to know the same.

Thanks.

dstrakele
11-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Just click on http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?14680-The-full-G55VW-G75VW-model-list!&country=&status= and locate your model in the list. Then all will be revealed, grasshopper....

For the more detailed information of your 2nd post, load up HWINFO64.

Skull6
11-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Thanks much. I think I found it (will have to check again once I leave work tonight), but I did not see any specific listings for motherboards. Knowing the specs for the motherboard would help me greatly when I start looking to upgrade...

dstrakele
11-06-2012, 10:14 PM
Specifics are where HWINFO64 will help out. Be sure to post a guide (including pictures) of your motherboard upgrade when completed...

maoli
11-07-2012, 09:35 AM
You could also try:

http://www.piriform.com/speccy

(from the makers of CCleaner)

Myk SilentShadow
11-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Or the easiest thing you can do....go to BestBuy's Website for the details lol!! :p

dstrakele
11-07-2012, 02:05 PM
That won't give him the make/model# of the internal hardware components that he's after.

StereoROG
11-07-2012, 03:18 PM
I'm surprised no one suggested CPUID

www.CPUID.com they even have the application with ROG skin

Google it , it's free and shows you the make and model number of most of your components...( CPU, GPU, MOBO, RAM)

Not including Wifi , Ethernet , Bluetooth but that's common with all G75 models its mentioned in this thread already.

Skull6
11-07-2012, 09:39 PM
Thanks much for the suggestions. I'll make sure to look both software packages up when I return home--especially the CPUID, if it has that now-famous "red-on-black" color theme!

As to posting pics, are you serious? It's a laptop motherboard. ;)