PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth, Windows 8 upgrade and G75vw

Vechaljian
11-08-2012, 01:51 AM
Im curious, I am having issues connecting a 2nd Bluetooth,or any other Bluetooth device to the My G75vw, I have a razor Orchi mouse, connects 100% of the time, But I cant seem to connect my BT headset...Period. My desktop picks up the head set, the G75 does not, Is this a 1 device Bluetooth Notebook, I have to note, I did install the newest Bluetooth stuff since I upgraded to windows 8 pro, Id imagine I could hook up a mouse and headset at the sametime like my desktop, but I never tested when I had window 7. Anyone having similar instances?

Shawnnepc
11-08-2012, 01:57 AM
Im curious, I am having issues connecting a 2nd Bluetooth,or any other Bluetooth device to the My G75vw, I have a razor Orchi mouse, connects 100% of the time, But I cant seem to connect my BT headset...Period. My desktop picks up the head set, the G75 does not, Is this a 1 device Bluetooth Notebook, I have to note, I did install the newest Bluetooth stuff since I upgraded to windows 8 pro, Id imagine I could hook up a mouse and headset at the sametime like my desktop, but I never tested when I had window 7. Anyone having similar instances?

I had a issue connecting my logitech bluetooth audio receiver to my G75.

Next time I have one of them in front of me I'll try and see if I can get it to work.

It might be limited to non-audio devices only

Vechaljian
11-08-2012, 02:11 AM
That could be it, the set I want to use didn't pick up..but I did try a Motorola s9-hd, and s10-hd also, Neither Headset were picked up, I didn't try anything else however, I will see if I can link my Desktop and My G75 when I cab later, I hope that I can get a audio BT device to work, But its something I can live without... push comes to shove.

Pitcher@asus
11-08-2012, 02:12 AM
Hi, i think it would be setting problem, could you try only connect BT headset, is it able to connect to G75 Win 8?
if can, please add connect to mouse.

Vechaljian
11-08-2012, 02:16 AM
I tried to uninstall the mouse, It always come up as failed, I had thought BT headset first, t hen mouse but It wound forget the Mouse, no matter what I try? Which I find odd. But have not really questioned since I would give up Wireless headset before mouse lol. :) I'll try and see if I can kill the mouse drivers. kind of afraid to.

Vechaljian
11-08-2012, 02:43 AM
Okay, funny thing, No matter, which route I take I cannot get the computer to forget the mouse, uner windows 8 devices, though control panel devices, its like the mouse is stuck. I am gonna try to uninstall BT drivers, then go back see if can get rid of the mouse and start from scratch, see what this gets me.

Vechaljian
11-08-2012, 05:53 AM
After spending 2 hours with windows help, the Razer Orochi mouse is like perma paired to pc, even when I pair it to another it will not delete, looks like the only resolve will be a clean install, which is so much work. putting windows 7 back in then upgrading back to 8. Meh, anyway giving it a few more days til I give into that. will keep the Situation updated.

soulctcher
11-08-2012, 12:38 PM
I have my Motorola S9-HD and both the keyboard and mouse from my Logitech MX5500 set connected and operational through bluetooth on Win8. It sounds like your bluetooth stack got hosed somehow...but then again, I upgraded my card from that crappy Atheros to the Intel 6235, so it could be the PoS Atheros acting up on you.

Vechaljian
11-09-2012, 04:08 AM
Final Result was rather painful, But I recovered back to original windows 7 (glad I did the AI recovery Disk off the bat) Then I went through and actually removed all the stuff that Asus says you should prior to installing Windows 8 (main was the Bluetooth) I made sure I had no paired devices, and then did windows 8 pro. Sure enough everythings good to go, Im glad this computer is only 20 days old, no chance to really install a bunch of stuff, I plan to image my base Windows 8, before adding games and stuff, so if there is a next time, I will not go back to 7, thanks all who replied, and Hope this will help someone.

Remove Atheros BT suite and all bt devices prior to doing upgrade :)