PDA

View Full Version : Xonar Phoebus and Windows 8 weird headset sound problem

Dremias
11-08-2012, 08:50 PM
I have a weird problem with my Xonar Phoebus and Windows 8. I can get sound through the speakers as normal, but no matter how I config my Razor Carcharias headset within Windows 8 Pro 64 bit, I can not get any sound to play through them via games, etc. The really weird thing is when I set up the headset, I can hear the "left" "right" test fine. If I disable the speakers, I get no system sound at all, BUT when I test the headset in "sounds" and config I hear the "left" "right" sounds. I am stumped with this problem.

The headset is working, I know this because it works on my other PC's. Any help would be appreciated.

KILLER_K
11-13-2012, 04:31 AM
I would try uninstalling the drivers. Shut down the pc and boot back up. Then shut back down and add the sound card again. Make sure you have the onboard drivers removed and disabled in the bios. Thanks

Dremias
11-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I have tried all of that with no success. I am hoping a new driver will fix the problem. Its just annoying :)

WTC
11-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Have you tried using the Windows default driver? If headset work fine with Windows default driver then the problem should be setting issue of ASUS driver package.

KILLER_K
11-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I have tried all of that with no success. I am hoping a new driver will fix the problem. Its just annoying :)

They have mentioned that a new driver will be out around the middle of this month. For what it is worth, mine has no issues with the anything in windows 8. Other then lack of software support that stops or doesn't allow it to work. Thanks.

hingj0n
11-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Can you send me a screenshot of your sound mixer and driver interface?

Dremias
11-22-2012, 03:11 AM
I solved the problem. I redid the driver install as admin and it works now. I think when I upgraded from W7 Pro to W8 Pro it must have left some weird settings some where. After doing a driver clean and installing W8 drivers, everything seems to be working now.

Again, I thank all of you for your replies.